PDA

View Full Version : Alamo and National DVC Discount?

fanofdisney
06-22-2008, 03:23 PM
I found the promo codes at the DVC website and have tried to use it at both web sites and with both of them I don't get any different price when I use the promo code and when I don't. Am I doing something wrong? I even called the 800 number for each company and got an even higher price. I am confused:confused:

r4kids
06-26-2008, 02:25 PM
Is it possible it is for certain cars or dates? Maybe the code couldn't be applied due to these reasons.

fanofdisney
06-27-2008, 06:02 PM
I guess that could be it. The reservationist I talked to didn't seem to know much either. I should call again to see if I have better luck.

Johnno52
06-27-2008, 06:06 PM
When I did it with and without the codes I found without was cheaper:confused:

Donald's Girl
06-27-2008, 10:50 PM
I also had the experience of not getting a deal using Disney's codes a few years ago. I now always use my Entertainment Book coupon; savings on the car more than pays for the book since they give you 10% prepay discount along with whatever coupon discount you choose to use.

peemagg
07-02-2008, 10:03 AM
I tried using codes for the DVC members, one without codes and once with codes that are posted on another forum for the general public.

I got the best price from the code for the general public. The prices were this: No code= $145, DVD=$140, general code= $72. This was for a compact car for each. Nothing about the quote changed between the three except the codes. What a difference! Not much of a savings from DVC. We will be using the general public code.