PDA

View Full Version : Baggage Fees

wonderalice23
06-22-2008, 02:48 PM
:( I'm a JetBlue flyer, and normally love them - but now they are starting a second bag fee (each way) which would cost me a total of 40.00! Is anyone else getting as irritated as I am with all the new fees? I think after this trip I will start going with Southwest. No fees. Which means I can bring home more souvenirs (thats usually what the second bag has in it!) I am still debating whether or not to pay the fees this time....just because we usually go for a long vacation at WDW and need the luggage space. Ok - done venting now. :mickey:

faline
06-22-2008, 02:56 PM
I think lots of folks are getting irritated with the new fees but I'll bet they don't go away any time soon - if ever!

BronxTigger
06-22-2008, 03:05 PM
At least it's not a FIRST bag charge with JetBlue. I'm flying them in a couple of weeks and I plan to check my larger bag and take my smaller rolling bag as my carry on. I'll still also take a backpack as my "personal item" for under the seat in front of me.

What these fees are doing is clogging up the interior of the aircraft even more than it was before.

thrillme
06-22-2008, 03:25 PM
I can live with "second bag". I don't like it but I can tolerate it. BUT...first bag fees I feel like they are LYING to the public. Technically each plane ticket costs $15-$25 MORE than they sold it. This is wrong.

The best thing to do is to choose airlines that don't have the FIRST bag fee...if you can't do that then plan carry on only...keep within the limits but carry on and plan to wash.

Other than Southwest (I LOVE SW), I honestly haven't tried "JetBlue", AirTran or some of the other budget carriers, I've done American, UsAirways, Delta etc and I'm getting to the point that I'm going to start driving...

I guess one day soon I'll be seeing the worlds Largest Ball of Twine.

RedSoxFan
06-22-2008, 03:40 PM
We're flying JetBlue for the first time in October to WDW. I did not know they were charging for the second bag. But I'm glad to hear that they are not charging for the first bag. I'll just make sure we use the x-large bags for our trip!!

Madame Leona
06-22-2008, 05:34 PM
I do not like them charging for first baggage! Someone please correct me if I am wrong, I believe that you can ship souveniers home from Disney. I for one would rather give the money to them than to give my money to an airline. I'm really trying to plan all of my options for the next trip.

bicker
06-22-2008, 06:06 PM
I'd rather have separate fees, for baggage and for other extra services, rather than having to pay even-higher airfares, with all these services included regardless of whether or not I need them. I want to pay only for what I use, nothing more.

PrincessEmmasMommy
06-22-2008, 08:24 PM
I believe that the fees for Jetblue's 2nd bag only apply if you bought your ticket after sometime in May. We are using them in August but bought tickets in February so I think we are okay.
Jen

luvdiznee
06-22-2008, 09:17 PM
I believe that the fees for Jetblue's 2nd bag only apply if you bought your ticket after sometime in May. We are using them in August but bought tickets in February so I think we are okay.
Jen

This is kind of what I heard, too. Except I heard it was for tix purchased after June 1. :confused:Anyone have any clarification?

bicker
06-23-2008, 05:50 AM
The cut-off date was May 1, 2008.

This is clearly mentioned on JetBlue's Checked Baggage Requirements page on their website.

luvdiznee
06-23-2008, 06:59 AM
The cut-off date was May 1, 2008.

This is clearly mentioned on JetBlue's Checked Baggage Requirements page on their website.

Cool. We are still safe. Thanks. :thumbsup:

Tinkerfreak
06-23-2008, 08:04 AM
When we go in November I plan to ship all of the summer clothes we take with us back to our home on our last day there. We will have no use for flip flops, shorts and tank tops in Maine in November so I will ship those and it will free up space in the suitcase for all the goodys we buy while we are there. I usually don't bring a full sized carry on bag either but this trip we will all be sure to bring the size allowed so we can pack some stuff in that.