PDA

View Full Version : Whats a used cart cost????

NJ Camper
06-22-2008, 01:57 PM
Whats a used cart cost???
how about a new one?????
which would you recomend???
would you stay away from anyone???
HELP

medic9016
06-22-2008, 03:08 PM
I bought a '98 Yamaha G16 4 seat electric last October. It is in great condition with new batteries for $2400. You can get some dirt cheap in not so bad shape and put some money and effort into it. Gas carts and lifted or custom carts will cost more, some up to $8000. If you go with electric make sure the batteries are good and the charger is good. Batteries can run from $60 to $120 each and charger a couple of hundred dollars.

mickey98
06-22-2008, 03:42 PM
Used carts that are in reasonable shape start around $ 2000.00.. if you were going to buy get a gas cart.. EZ-Go is about the best on the market,, parts are reasonable and available. you do not have to worry about charging it every night and replacing the batteries every 2 years for the sum of $800.00.. We bought ours cheap 2 years ago and put about $ 5,000.00 into it, But it's all custom with a lift kit, big tires, custom paint, stereo c.d. radio, headlamps, tailamps, turn signals and its a 4 seater,, We take it each year to F.W. Although the initial investment was high.. after several trips to F.W. it will have paid for itself..plus we take it on our other camping trips as well. If you have mechanical ability you can get one for a few hundred dollars and rebuild it yourself saving lots of $$$ compared to ones that are already built, and you get to customize it the way you want it to look.. check e-bay there are hundreds of golf carts listed,, that will give you an idea on the $$$ ...

NJ Camper
06-22-2008, 03:53 PM
thanks i didn't think of ebay duh what a good idea what was i thinking i guess i wasn't

TheMartellFamily
06-22-2008, 09:49 PM
We just sold our 1998 refurbished golf cart with all new leather, sound system, new batteries, and just about eveything else new for 2500. We sold our on Craigslist. This is an item we won as the grand prize at a give away at a local restaurant. We used it for nascar races and others had used it for camping and going to Sturgis for bike week. It really did not have that many hours on it but we did take very good care of it. If we knew you were interested we would have saved it.

Auntie
06-22-2008, 10:11 PM
I wanted to suggest that you e-mail every golf course in the areas that you are likely to visit or live in to see if they have any carts they will be selling. Many courses lease their carts now..but some still have older models that they sell. This is how we came by ours. A club near near to where our seasonal site is located was comming under new ownership. We had to wait until the end of the season to pick it up.(which was October..but that was okay with us). New ownership was replacing all the carts with new ones. We made arrangements early in July..and by October, the new owner realized he could have gotten way more than he sold ours to us for. He complained about it more than once..but was true to his word. I don't feel too badly, I'm pretty sure he made it up on the rest of the carts he sold. We purchased a 93 Yamaha...gas cart. I would have preferred an electric, simply because they are quieter, but for the price ($500.00) I can't complain. The cart was in great shape mechanically...did need a new battery. I should mention that we own a Collision Repair business and we were able to restore and paint the cart..complete with graphics. Added the lights and mirrors..rear seat, new top, windshield, woodgrain dash and matching steering wheel. I wasn't into lifting it....just seems to me they would topple more easily..but that's me. Others like that sort of thing. It looks great, and the guys loved working on it too. Added a CD/am/fm radio. Not that I needed that..but you know men..once they started on this thing, there was no turning back. Good luck with your search.:thumbsup: