PDA

View Full Version : Tournament of Attractions! MK quarterfinal: Jungle Cruise VS Pirates of the Caribbean

WinnipegDisneyFanatic
06-22-2008, 04:34 AM
It's a battle in Adventureland as we head back to the Magic Kingdom for the final quarter-final match in that region. Thanks for joining us everyone as the Tournament of Attractions! continues here on the Intercot forums.

TO RECAP:

Epcot quarter-final Results:

Spaceship Earth rolled over Mission: Space
Soarin' flew high above Ellen's Energy Adventure
American Adventure narrowly got by The Seas with Nemo & Friends
Test Track lapped Honey I Shrunk the Audience
(The winners move on to the regional semi-finals)

DHS quarter-final Results:

Rockin' RollerCoaster drove circles around the Great Movie Ride
Star Tours blasted the Back Lot Tour feat. Catastrophe Canyon
Voyage of the Little Mermaid sent Playhouse Disney for a refurbishment!
Tower of Terror dropped Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular
(The winners move on to the regional semi-finals)

MK quarter-finals:

The Haunted Mansion creeped out Space Mountain
Splash Mountain flooded the Country Bear Jamboree
Big Thunder Mountain held up against Peter Pan's Flight

AK quarter-finals:

Expedition Everest dried up Kali River Rapids
It's Tough To Be A Bug squashed Dinosaur
Maharajah Jungle Trek made a comeback and beat Primeval Whirl
(1 quarter-final match remains)

UP NEXT:

A battle of two very classic Adventureland rides awaits us in this quarter-final match. Who will come out on top as Jungle Cruise battles Pirate of the Caribbean?!

WHAT TO DO:

Vote for the attraction you enjoy more.

Voting for the next poll (the last quarter-final match in the Animal Kingdom Region) will be posted when this poll moves to the second page of this forum.

Happy deciding...and have a Disney Day everyone!

Chris :hatter:

Grumpy's Daughter
06-22-2008, 05:28 AM
Go Pirates! We wants the redhead!

kelly.garrett
06-22-2008, 06:29 AM
Definitely Pirates!

asrai555
06-22-2008, 07:08 AM
jungle cruise hands down.

i am in de-nile that pirates might win.

BMan62
06-22-2008, 07:20 AM
Toughest one yet to pick between - I love them both, but had to pick Pirates. (Just wish it was a longer ride!)

dephenn
06-22-2008, 07:24 AM
I realize I may be on the losing side, but my vote is for JC. I just don't get why POC is popular. I know it starts out great with the water fall and gets you thinking this is gonna be great, but then it just becomes a darker version of Its A Small World,(same song being played over and over and dolls that barely move). I do like Its A Small World though. I know all the Pirates out there think I should be made to walk the plank and I'm sorry. On JC at least the CMs try and joke with you. I really wanted POC to be great I love the movies, and after reading all the hype about the POC ride, but by the end of the ride both elbows were on my knees and I was yawning. The best thing about the hole ride was that I did not have to wait in line because there was a Christmas Parade.

GrmGrninGost
06-22-2008, 07:24 AM
I love them both, but Pirates is my favorite! :pirate:

beksy
06-22-2008, 10:53 AM
POTC! Its one of my all-time favorite rides that I can do over and over! I love the scene with the dog holding the keys. :mickey:

pdrlkr
06-22-2008, 02:19 PM
not even close! Pirates of the Caribbean! :thumbsup:

BritCody
06-22-2008, 02:59 PM
I'm not overly crazy about Jungle Cruise. I will go on it at least once a trip, but POTC is in my Top 5

laward32
06-23-2008, 11:19 AM
This is a no-brainer. POTC is my first ride every trip. It's a classic from my childhood at Disneyland.
I do love the JC. It's fun with the right guide. But it doesn't beat POTC.:mickey:

Stu29573
06-23-2008, 11:48 AM
I really really like JC, but POTC has the edge. I REALLY like the Disneyland version, but the MK version is good too....

CU Tiger
06-23-2008, 12:35 PM
I like the Jungle Cruise, but I like PC much better! :mickey:

alilprincessmom99
06-23-2008, 12:47 PM
POC is a must see every time we go, whereas Jungle Cruise is only done if we have extra time. That's why I voted for PoC.

bruin1344
06-23-2008, 01:15 PM
i enjoy jungle cruise and find the people in charge of the boats funny, too bad ak safari made it outdated

i voted for potc, i love potc, one of my non-thrill rides in disney

DDuck66
06-23-2008, 01:35 PM
I think POTC would have won this even before the upgrade. Now it is the winner, hands down.

avantgardeinker
06-23-2008, 04:44 PM
I love both of these rides, but I had to go with JC. We love Jungle Cruise. Sometimes I think DH goes to WDW just to see the "back side of water".

:mickey:

GOLFDISNEY72
06-23-2008, 10:55 PM
Pirates life for me!!!