PDA

View Full Version : American Girl Kit Kittredge Movie

murphy1
06-21-2008, 10:19 PM
Went and saw this one with my oldest today, very cute, we both loved it.

joanna71985
06-22-2008, 09:37 AM
Oh wow, it's out? Time sure does fly. This is one I really want to see, so hopefully I will find time to see it. Glad to hear you enjoyed it.

murphy1
06-22-2008, 10:11 AM
Well, it's out officially July 2, we got to go to see the preview screening (there were five theaters in the county who got the movie, I guess since they have American Girl stores right near them). We got t-shirts too, really cute.

RedSoxFan
06-23-2008, 07:06 AM
DD11 can't wait for this movie to come out. Kit is one of her favortie dolls. And I just got her best friend doll "Ruthie". It looks like a cute movie.

RedSoxFan
07-06-2008, 10:13 PM
I took DD11 to see Kit (and she brought Kit) on Friday night. It is a great movie. Kourtney wants to go back and see it again.

WDWFREAK101
07-08-2008, 06:16 PM
I was forced against my will to see this. I don't like chick flicks AT ALL but I have to say, this movie was alright. I didn't understand the whole hobo aspect though.
"The main character is a 12 year old girl. What kind of messages can we tell to all 12 year old girls in the audiences?"

"How about telling all the girls to make friends with the hobos?" :D

trennedy
07-13-2008, 06:33 PM
My 8 yr old DD, Kennedy and I went to see Kit the other day and she loved it. I enjoyed it as well. It was nice to go to a movie for a change and not have to worry if it was going to be appropriate.

J9
07-13-2008, 10:20 PM
So...I had to do some research when I saw this thread because I had NO idea who Kit was!!!

I remember the American Girls being Kirsten, Samantha, Molly and then later they added Felicity and Addy.

So now there's apparently a Josefina, Kit, Julie, and Kaya?!?!?! Wow....they really added dolls pretty quickly!!!

I actually got to go to parties when they added Felicity and Addy. My fam just happened to be in Williamsburg around the official release of Felicity and my dad got me and mom tickets to some tea thing in Colonial Williamsburg while he went golfing. And then they had an artist signing for the Addy books at the African American Museum in Philadelphia so he took me to that too! I actually had all of the dolls except Addy since she came out right before I stopped with the American Girls, but I still have the other 4 displayed in my room!!!!

I think I might need to see this movie just for nostalgia's sake!!!! LOL! Did they ever do a Felicity or a Kirsten movie? Those two were my favorites!

RedSoxFan
07-15-2008, 08:08 AM
They have the 'Felicity' movie on DVD. They also have 'Molly' and 'Samantha' on DVD. You can get them through the American Girl website. They are all great movies.