PDA

View Full Version : CS Recommendations at Monorail Resorts

RockChalkKimball
06-21-2008, 10:05 PM
On my next trip, I plan on watching the Wishes from the beach at the Poly. Before the fireworks, I plan to resort hop and check out the monorail resorts. Any suggestions on a CS place to grab a late dinner/snack at Poly, GF or CR?

Aggie97
06-22-2008, 02:47 AM
We're partial to Captain Cook's at the Polynesian: very tasty flatbreads and a good turkey multigrain sandwich. Oh - and Dole Whips! :mickey:

Natazu
06-22-2008, 04:06 AM
Yes, the flatbreads at Captain Cook's are quite good. It's a nice change from the usual CS fare.

TheRustyScupper
06-22-2008, 09:01 AM
On my next trip, I plan on watching the Wishes from the beach at the Poly.

1) Better be caustious with this plan.
2) During busy times, Poly Room ID's are checked by CM's.
3) Due to the internet, the beach can be crowded with non-Poly guests.
4) In such times, they keep non-Poly-guests off the beach.

Clay Ransone
06-22-2008, 11:03 AM
I'm a big fan of Captain Cook's too. I have not stayed at the Poly in a long time but I do make a point to stop in for lunch at Captain Cook's each visit. I really love the teriyaki chicken sandwich.

big blue and hairy
06-22-2008, 12:25 PM
1) Better be caustious with this plan.
2) During busy times, Poly Room ID's are checked by CM's.
3) Due to the internet, the beach can be crowded with non-Poly guests.
4) In such times, they keep non-Poly-guests off the beach.

:confused: I hadn't heard of this. I thought the only area where anyone cared was the pool areas.

:sulley:

RockChalkKimball
06-22-2008, 04:32 PM
Sounds like Captain Cook's is a good option! I have never had my ID checked anywhere, ever at WDW. I have been to the beach at the Poly and there were only about 5 other people there. I hope things haven't changed that much:secret:

Crow
06-22-2008, 05:08 PM
this might be a good option for me when im staying at the CR.
and arent Dole Whips available there too?

BelleCiavo
06-22-2008, 07:21 PM
Sounds like Captain Cook's is a good option! I have never had my ID checked anywhere, ever at WDW. I have been to the beach at the Poly and there were only about 5 other people there. I hope things haven't changed that much:secret:

If you ever tried to swim at the Storm Along Bay you would get checked. :mickey: TheRustyScupper was speaking about busy times, I think he knows a little something about the Poly and would trust his word.

BelleCiavo
06-22-2008, 07:23 PM
this might be a good option for me when im staying at the CR.
and arent Dole Whips available there too?

Yes indeed. :D

RockChalkKimball
06-23-2008, 01:57 PM
I've never tried to sneak into another pool! I was there at Christmas and I don't think it gets busier than that... Thanks for all of input.
Thanks Rusty... I always appreciate your to-the-point posts!