PDA

View Full Version : How long is the boat ride from WL to MK?

chefmickey3
06-21-2008, 10:04 PM
Staying at WL for the first time in August. How long is the boat ride from WL to MK?

Thanks!

mom2morgan
06-21-2008, 10:10 PM
It's pretty quick - I want to say 15 minutes? But it's been a while :-) The problem WE had was the wait, which was nearly 2 hours (we were going to WL for supper, and hadn't calculated in the crowds for Hoop-Dee-hoo.

Auntie
06-21-2008, 10:17 PM
I would say the ride itself is maybe 10 minutes...if that long. It's pretty quick. A very nice leisurely way to reach the MK. WL is our favorite resort, and we've stayed there many times over the years. Our last trip was May '07. We didn't have any issues with the water launch..or any transportation issues what so ever. :thumbsup:

Nini
06-21-2008, 10:25 PM
Yeah, I too would say about 10 minutes. :thumbsup:

Denise :mickey:

KylesMom
06-21-2008, 11:00 PM
Just a heads-up that while the ride from WL to MK is around 10 minutes, oftentimes you'll need to go to Fort Wilderness before you head to the MK - which will add another 10 or so minutes to your trip. They share boat transportation. :mickey:

Auntie
06-21-2008, 11:03 PM
I think that it must depend on the time of year..perhaps when it's less crowded they share transportation. When we were there last May we used the water launch many times to reach the MK. Only once we did we go to FW first. I can't say that I minded the detour either..it's such a nice leisurely way to reach the Mk. I rather enjoy the ride no matter where it's headed!

TheMartellFamily
06-21-2008, 11:32 PM
10 minutes. The thing that can take longer is at park closing waiting in line to get onto the boat. What is nice is that they do use the larger boats and they can get so many more on the boat than the smaller ones you may see. It is not as large as the ones though that go from the MK to the TTC parking lot.

TheRustyScupper
06-22-2008, 08:46 AM
1) Actually, the boat ride is scheduled for 13-minutes.
2) This can be shorter/longer by a minute or so.
3) The total time is supposed to be 20-minutes
. . . unload passengers
. . . load passengers
. . . welcome and safety spiel
. . . travel time
. . . docking & tie-up time

NOTE: This is for the WL-MK direct boat.

sisterdisco
06-22-2008, 09:08 PM
We were at WL last August. . . . .
Heed this advice.....we messed it up every time

We left MK right before or at beginning of fireworks to avoid the crowds. We got on the boat, but then the boat had to idol for what seemed like "forever"---probably 10 minutes or more---the electrical water pagent was coming through and we had to give the right of way through the water bridge. This was a problem, because we were all tired, it was still hot and muggy!!

Boat can be a nice relaxing ride. Just make sure you time it right at night!!