PDA

View Full Version : Can you name 5?

tinkerbellybutton
06-21-2008, 08:16 PM
OK, so maybe I'm just having an emotional evening but as I was sitting at the beach of Fort Popham this evening with my best friend, who as luck would have it, is also the love of my life, with the fog rolling in, the seals playing in the surf and DS building a fort with driftwood it struck me how wonderfully blessed I am. Not only do I have that scenery right out my back door that people drive hundreds of miles to see but I have the most wonderful people in the world to share it with. I realize that sometimes I get bitten by the " why me" bug as most people do but I wanted to make a list of things that I'm blessed with so I just figured, silly as it may be that if anyone else is interested, list five things that you are blessed with.

Me first
1. Being blessed not only with children, but MY children.
2. Even though I have to scrimp and save to make ends meet, I have something to scrimp and save.
3. Finding my true love, not once but twice in this lifetime.
4. Having been born to two parents who loved each other forever.
5. Having wonderful friends who are there for me and who can count on me to be there for them.

Ian
06-21-2008, 08:34 PM
For me I can come up with three right off the bat ...

1. My wife
2. My daughter
3. My son

I have an amazing family ... I truly am blessed in that respect. I'm also very fortunate to live a very comfortable life. My family has more than enough to meet all of our needs and that's a rare gift.

Georgesgirl1
06-21-2008, 10:37 PM
I love this post! So here goes...

1. My husband who is my best friend and the love of my life. I am so lucky to have a man who always puts his family first!

2. My parents who raised me to be the person I am today.

3. My faith which helps me get through tough times and makes my life so much better.

4. My family- other than my parents I have awesome siblings, granparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, in-laws, etc. who are always there for me.

5. I have wonderful friends who are there for me through thick and thin and who I love like they are family.

I am so blessed that I really could go on and on, but I'll stop there!

Kristin

Marilyn Michetti
06-21-2008, 11:36 PM
WOW, love this....

1. An abiding faith in a Living God, that grows sweeter every day.

2. My DH of 38 years, who always puts my needs first, and lets me put him first.

3. A wonderful home in Az. (Lord, could use some help with the heat)?

4. A wonderful hobby, (dollmaking), that keeps my mind off myself.

5. Planning our best trip ever to WDW this Dec. 6 - 15.

DisneyWhirled
06-21-2008, 11:39 PM
1. My beautiful, healthy children.

2. My wonderful husband, who loves me no matter what.

3. To have my mother in my and my children's lives (dad, too).

4. Our health, which allows us to work so that we may provide for our family.

5. Dear friends.

AlliMo
06-22-2008, 10:33 PM
this is a great topic...
here it goes-
1- my health
2-my family
3-my sense of humor
4- my boyfriend/ friends
5- my talent

katzctkpt
06-22-2008, 11:24 PM
Awesome topic.

1. My faith in God. If it weren't for him there'd be nothing.

2. My DH of almost 20 yrs this upcoming Dec.

3. My 3 beautiful children. I'm so proud of each of them.

4. The roof over my head and food on the table. So, many people can't afford this.

5. My DH and mine employment. If it weren't for that then we wouldn't be able to plan or go on our WDW trips.

murphy1
06-24-2008, 09:23 AM
Great thread Traci!!

1. My family (all of them, parents, sister, dh, kids and our pets) and so many great friends.

2. Having my degree and creative talent

3. My house and being able to stay home with my kids and I can choose to work or not.

4. My positive attitude in life and always being able to see the good in things.

5. Most recent, I found out I don't have cancer!!

quicksand
06-24-2008, 09:59 AM
1. Jesus Christ who, despite my sinfulness, choose to die for me so that I could live with Him forever.

2. My Husband- he is my best friend. He loves me more than I can comprehend. He is the most loving, unselfish person that I know.

3. My children- I am so proud of them. There is no place that we go where someones does not tell me how polite and well behaved they are.

4. My friends- I can call on any day, anytime. The would give me the shirt off their backs if I needed it.

5. My family has NEVER gone to bed hungry. We have ALWAYS had a roof over our heads (with A/C and heat), a car to drive, bills paid, running water, clothes, shoes...

Disneyatic
06-24-2008, 12:16 PM
I am blessed with
~My husband and daughter and all the love and fun we have every day in our lives together.

~My parents, brother and nephew all within close proximity to our home.

~Friends....I don't have alot of friends, but the ones I have are top notch!
I have a best friend that I have known for over 20 years and love like a sister & another best friend that I have know for 15 years that I love like a sister.

~My husband and I have employment that provides for our family and allows us to be comfortable in our lives.

~The ability to pursue my education while having a family and my husband supporting my balancing act!

Hayden's Dad
06-24-2008, 12:57 PM
1. My wonderful wife (my Best friend, sould mate, support structure, inspiration)

2. My Son. As many of you know Hayden is very sick, but is also proof that miracles are real. He will be celbrating his 2 and a half birthday on July 10 and he wasn't supposed to be here long enough to celebrate his Second birthday.

3. Our Hospice team. We have such a wonderful team from Hayden's nurse to our social worker they all love and adore him and us and do everything possible to make sure Hayden and us are as happy as possible.

4. Our family. We have a large family and they all love and support us even if some of them have a weird way of showing it.

5. The fact that so far we have been able to take Hayden to Walt Disney World 3 times in the past year and all while only living on my salary, as my DW stays home to take care of Hayden. We are planning on taking him through MAW latter this year and hopefully will be taking him on his THIRD birthday on January 10!

DISNEYLOVERS5
06-24-2008, 02:55 PM
1st is Jesus b/c he died on the cross for me
2nd is my husband and my 3 wonderful children
3rd is my family who encourage me everyday
4th is i am blessed with my health and my children are healthy
5th is I am able to take the kids to WDW this year

alphamommy
06-24-2008, 03:06 PM
1. God, who has seen me through 5 brain surgeries and long hospital stays. The power of prayer is very strong!
1a. My DH, who has been to heck and back with me through the deaths of my parents, my own illnesses, etc. I don't know what I would do without him!
2. DD, who drives me crazy sometimes, but who has been my ray of sunshine through bad times.
3. My in-laws, who made sure that we got moved and settled in 2006 while I was in the hospital and a nursing home for >2 months.
4. My best friend and her family. We've been friends for 27 years, and they are like family to me.
5. Everyone else who cares about me, and whom I care about.

Jeff G
06-24-2008, 07:13 PM
Good topic, here are my five:

1. Jesus.
2. My DW of 14 years and my four wonderful children. I am truly blessed.
3. My parents. The wonderful people that raised and supported as I grew into the man I am today.
4. My family and many friends who laugh & cry with me and support me in good times and bad.
5. This great country we live in.

amd780
06-27-2008, 11:48 AM
1. A loving God who created me, the people I love, and the world around me

2. My wonderful DH

3. My family

4. My friends

5. A safe home, clothes on my back, and plenty of food to eat

Wow, I feel uplifted just writing that! Great thread! :)

Nut4DW
06-27-2008, 12:02 PM
My 5 will sound like a lot of other people's but here they are:
1. God, who loved me enough to send His Son to die so I might live;

2. My husband of almost 26 years who makes me feel like a princess every day;

3. My children - daughter 22 and son 19 - both are in college and are healthy and happy;

4. My friends who are always there for me;

5. DH and I both have jobs that provide what we need to have a home, send our kids to college and still have a tiny bit left over so we can visit the "House of Mouse" every so often

magicofdisney
06-28-2008, 09:31 PM
Great question.

1. My salvation through Jesus.
2. My husband and 4 children.
3. My parents and siblings.
4. Faithful friends.
5. Staying home with my children to raise them and teach them in the way they should go.