PDA

View Full Version : 1,000 Disney Theme Park Tips!!

cal5755
06-21-2008, 12:53 PM
Well this is post # 1000 for me!! I am so excited because DH went to get the computer last night from the PC doctor and it is working fine again... I have my intercot toolbar back again and all is right with my computer world!!

So for my 1,000 post I wanted to see if we could come up with at least 1,000 tips for Disney World. I am sure we can do this no problem!! I know I have found some great things to do and see here on intercot that I would have never known otherwise and I am sure there is more to learn from each other. Get the whole family involved...you never know, maybe your teen has a tip you didn't remember!!

We can make an INTERCOT.COM tip book when we are done ;)

Here are my families Tips!

1. When you enter MK and the Caslte comes in view from Main Street, stop take a few deep breaths and look around absorbing the sounds, sights and smells...it really helps enhance the magic!!

2. Try a Dole Whip

3. DD-8 says "Don't forget if you are lost go right to a CM so they can help you be found."

4. DS 12 - says "if you are staying on property you should definately take advantage of EMH"

5. DD-5 says "Go on rides with mommies and daddies because it will make you smile more"

vividms
06-21-2008, 01:20 PM
6. Take advantage of the Fastpasses (even if you miss your window of time you can still use them).

7. Plan ahead before you go even if you do not stick to your plan 100%.

8. Take a break every now and then, even if it is just sitting on a park bench for 20 minutes.

9. Take as many pictures as you can. I love looking back at all my photos from past trips.

10. Take time each day to write about what you did that day.

Sam&Alex&Josh'sMOM
06-21-2008, 01:56 PM
11. )dd 3 SAYS "RIDE DUMBO AND PRETEND YOU ARE THE MOUSE

12)Try one new thing (ride, food, visit a hotel you havent been to) each time you go.

TexasPrincessAurora
06-21-2008, 02:15 PM
13. DS4 says "dig for dinosaur bones in the Boneyard!"

14. DS4 says "be sure and look for Zurg" at Buzz Lightyear AstroBlasters!

15. Take time to enjoy the different countries at EPCOT...and try some new cuisine!

16. Take time each day for a break...go back to your resort for a swim or a nap or both. It will make a huge difference!

chefmickey3
06-21-2008, 02:23 PM
17. DS4 - Don't miss The Haunted Mansion

18. DS6 - You must do Soarin'

19. Stop at the bakery on the way out of MK for a treat to take back to your room!

20. When it is hot and your feet are tired, take a ride (or two) on the TTA. Great for napping babies as well! They will let you stay on if you don't want to get off yet!

laward32
06-21-2008, 02:53 PM
21. people watch. I love to do this.
22. Watch Fantasmic!!!
23.Don't forget your comfy shoes and extra socks.
24. Take time to see things outside of the parks.

JasonH
06-21-2008, 03:20 PM
25. "Stop to smell the roses" - In other words, sometimes you gotta slow down and take in some of the little things you may have not noticed before. Ex.:Check out the "street corner" signs in UK at Epcot, you might be at the corner of Tudor Lane and Lower Regency Street.

26. Sometimes it's better to not take a "thousand" pictures of a ride and just sit back and relax and take it all in. It can help create a more lasting memory in your own mind when you look at only the few pictures you HAVE taken.

27. Go off the beaten path when possible. You may discover something you never knew was there before. Ex.:Most people don't realize or know about the path between Mickey's Toontown Fair and Tomorrowland and generally is not populated with heavy foot traffic.

28. When taking pictures, try different angles. Sometimes the better picture is the one you take while kneeling and looking upward at your subject rather than straight on.

29. Also take pictures from locations other than the usual "Picture Spots". I've gotten an excellent picture from Italy looking towards SE. The Italian lampost is in the foreground and SE in the background.

TexasPrincessAurora
06-21-2008, 05:03 PM
30. Pick up some pastries from the bakery in Norway at EPCOT to take back for breakfast the next day.

31. Watch the Flag Ceremony at the end of Main Street...very moving.

32. Ask to ride up front with the driver on the monorail.

33. Take time to watch the Electrical Water Parade.

34. Interact with the "streetmosphere" characters at the parks. They are many places at DHS, but I've also seen them at MK, especially Adventureland. It's fun!

KAT1811
06-21-2008, 05:22 PM
35. Ride the attractions in Fantasyland first thing in the morning, right when the park opens.

36. Treat Epcot as two parks, one day for each section.

37. Get the children "passports" and stop at the kidcot funstops along the way to keep them engaged.

38. Do not miss the "big kid" rides just because you have a little one that cannot ride, use the baby swap system and ride everything.

39. Try getting an ADR for late in the evening at a WS eatery (many restaurants take ADRs up until park closing) and stroll along the lake after dinner. It is as if you have the whole park to yourself.

40. Take advantage of character meals. It really saves time not haveing to wait in line for all of the characters, especially Mickey and friends.

bmj721
06-21-2008, 07:18 PM
41. Take a deep breath at the end of each day even if your feet are sore and be thankful you are at Disney.
42. Visit with the CM's. They have interesting experiences and stories to share. It seems everyone focuses on what CM's can do for you. Give them opportunity for interpersonal communication.

scoot241
06-21-2008, 08:36 PM
43. Don't just go from ride to ride; watch the shows and take in the atmosphere.

44. Much of the merchandise throughout the parks can be found at the World of Disney.

45. Spend time at Downtown Disney. The Lego Store, the Art of Disney, and the Christmas Store are all great shops.

46. Play a round of golf. WDW is home to four great golf courses.

47. The main pool at each resort is well-themed. Many of them even have water slides.

jaredkari
06-21-2008, 08:46 PM
48. If your resort has some side pools (away from the main pool) try to go to them instead they are generally less crowded

49. Use morning EMH as much as possible

50. Watch night fireworks at MK from near exit to Big Thunder Mountain Railroad

51. Eat upstairs at the Columbia Harbor House at MK, preferably from area over walkway into Liberty Square from Fantasyland, sit next to the window and people watch

52. Get free chocolates at Ghiradelli shop at Downtown Disney

:mickey:

TexasPrincessAurora
06-21-2008, 08:51 PM
53. Play the mini golf courses (Winter Summerland and Fantasia Gardens). They are the most fun mini golf you'll ever play!

tmosier
06-21-2008, 09:02 PM
54. Make a reservation to have afternoon tea at the Grand Floridian.

55. Split a Main St. Bakery cinnamon roll with someone.

56. Make an ADR at Crystal Palace for before the Magic Kingdom opens. You'll have the chance to experience the park before hoards of people are allowed in. Great photo opportunities!

57. Relax on the Grand Floridian boat dock.

RockChalkKimball
06-21-2008, 09:54 PM
58. Take bottled water and snacks with you to the parks.

59. Try new restaurants each time you go. There are lots of great places to try.

60. Don't miss Festival of the Lion King. Even my crochety old dad loved it.

61. Take the boat from POR or POFQ to DTD. It is a very peaceful ride.

62. Buy souveniers that remind you of WDW on a daily basis like pens, notepad and key chains.

DisneyWhirled
06-21-2008, 10:48 PM
63. Take advantage of EMH.

64. Meet up with fellow Intercotee's.

65. Have breakfast at the Main Street Bakery @ the MK and eat on the curbside.

66. Do Kali RR during EMH...you can ride it several times in a row.

TheMartellFamily
06-21-2008, 11:22 PM
67. co-pilot the monorail
68. go to Ft. Wilderness and watch the campfire program with sing along with Chip and Dale and stay and watch the movie.
69. do not miss Illuminations
70. do not miss the Water parade
71. Visit other resorts
72 Go to DTD
73. In Oct and early Nov go to EIFAWF
74. Let yourself become a kid again because you can here.
75. Enjoy the offerings at your resort.

Simba'sBud
06-21-2008, 11:36 PM
76. Eat an ice cream cookie sandwich at Sleepy Hollow while gazing at the evening view of the castle.

77. Ride the ferry from MK to TTC during Wishes at least once.

78. Take time to look for hidden mickeys.

79. Stop and listen to Main Street's Dapper Dans and even request a song.

80. If you think you've seen Philharmagic too many times, then watch it a few more times until you can understand the true magic behind it.

81. Sit on the stone wall behind Dumbo for a completely different experience of Wishes.

82. Always ask for a LARGE drink when ordering your CS.

83. Don't miss refillable milkshakes at Whispering Canyon,

84. Be kind to CM's and other guests. You would be amazed at how much more fun you'll have.

Magic Smiles
06-22-2008, 10:45 AM
85. Get lots of photos done by the Photopass Photographers.

86. Ask a Photopass Photographer to take a picture of you in a different spot from their usually spots. They will!

87. Be the first onto Tom Sawyers Island to find a paintbrush.

88. Don't miss the opening ceremonies at MK.

89. If at WDW during a Pirates and Princess Party, be sure to attend. The fireworks are one of a kind. AMAZING!

sisterslovindisney
06-22-2008, 11:02 AM
90. Try the Kitchen Sink at Beaches & Cream.
91. Walk around the Boarwalk at night.
92. Go under the water in the Volcano pool at the Poly.
93. Spend some time at your resort - there is so much to do.
94. Make a list of all the things you did'nt get to do and plan them for your next trip.

arielshouse
06-22-2008, 11:13 AM
95. always get a mickey head ornament and personalize it.

96. if on the basic DDP use your snack coupons for a pastry in the parks for breakfast.

97. try and be on BTMRR while WISHES is going on!! it's an amazing view!!

98. take pictures of all the signs of the rides!! they put in an extereme amount of detail and they make a great scrapbook just of the signs!!:thumbsup:

TinkerbellT421
06-22-2008, 11:23 AM
99. Dont miss the Rockin Roller Coaster or ToT.

100. Try to catch a playoff foot ball game in January at the ESPN club. Atmosphere and fans are amazing...not to mention all the tvs everywhere. One at every stall and sink, you can never miss anything.

101. Get a crystal at the Imagination PAvillion where they take a picture of you and whoever you want and put it in a 3D form in the crystal.

102. Have to see Figment and meet him after the ride, absolute classic.

103. Cant miss the Carousel of Progress. Another classic ride.

104. Check out the magic tricks at the Magic Store (Name escapes me) at DTD.

105. Take a nighttime walk after visiting Epcot, through the back walkway at International Gateway, and go check out the Friendship boats, the Beach Club and check out the nighttime shows onthe Boardwalk.

106. Have a Doh_bar (Fried candy bar) at the Cookes of Dublin at DTD. (You can use a snack credit for it too) :number1:

107. HAve a margarita (or two :blush:) from the margarita bars while strolling along the walkway @ DTD.

108. Eat @ The Coral Reef Restaurant and be seated in front of the Fish tank.

109. Try to be the first one at Tinkerbells Treasures in MK and ask a CM to wake up tinkerbell.

110. Eat steak at LeCellier @ the Canada pavillion in EPCOT.

Magic Smiles
06-22-2008, 11:39 AM
Tips I forgot on my last post:

111. Pre-order your photopass CD.

112. Ride the train around MK a few times and make sure you sit on both sides of the train.

Sam&Alex&Josh'sMOM
06-22-2008, 02:05 PM
113. Let your kids nap. Even if at the parks... it gives you time to people watch. It also gives you time to sit back and appreciate the fact that you have them and were able to take them to such a magical place!

114. Use the baby stations. They are clean and cool.

Belle1217
06-22-2008, 03:57 PM
115. If you are there around the holidays be sure to go to MVMCP.

116. Go to see the Osborne Family Spectacle of lights. (try to find the black cat)

117. In epcot go to see the Candlelight Processional.

sisterslovindisney
06-22-2008, 04:53 PM
I forgot one:
118. Don't wear Kakhi's on Kali River Rapids unless you want everyone to know the color of your panties :blush:

cal5755
06-22-2008, 05:23 PM
These are some EXCELLENT tips!!!!

119. If you are not going to make your ADR make sure you call and cancel.

120. Pack a little first aide kit (most importantly band aids, aloe and pain reliever).

tmosier
06-22-2008, 08:22 PM
121. Keep a daily journal (and update it every night!) and be sure to post a trip report on Intercot when you get back! :D

122. Be polite to CMs.

123. DD14 says to buy a pair of Mickey ears.

124. She also says that you're never too old to go on the teacups.

125. DD13 says to get a smoothie from the Main St. Bakery.

Speedy1998
06-22-2008, 08:32 PM
123. Stop and smell the roses. (I mean this literally, MK and EPCOT have some great rose gardens.)

scoot241
06-22-2008, 09:36 PM
126. Get the Fantasmic Dinner Package. You have to eat sometime, so why not get reserved seats to Fantasmic as well?

ParkMan
06-22-2008, 09:54 PM
127. Instead of eating at the hotel, try going a bit earlier and having breakfast at the parks. It will be a nice, slow way to start off the morning.

128. If you stay at the Wilderness Lodge, volunteer to help raise the flag.

129. If you can, plan a date night at California Grill. Make sure to have the reservation overlap with MK fireworks and then watch them from the balcony outside.

busterthebronco
06-22-2008, 10:16 PM
130. challenge yourself to spend the whole day at your resort. :cloud9:
131.try the buster family challenge: 4 parks in one day! :director::walk::walk::walk:

epceddie
06-23-2008, 12:17 AM
132. Take a horse-drawn carriage ride at POFG.

133. See Circque du Soleil.

134. Sit at the bar and have drinks and appetizers at the House of Blues in DTD. The bartenders are great.

135. Ask for buttons if you're on your honeymoon or celebrating an anniversary. CM's and the people you meet will got out of their way to congratulate you.

136. Have a drink with a light-up ice cube at the Kona Cafe at the Poly.

137. Pool hop, if you can.

138. Don't use flash photography if you're asked not to.

139. Do some shopping at Team Disney in DTD.

140. Get your picture taken in front of the statue of Walt and Mickey in the MK.

141. Visit a new restaurant in one of the parks or at one of the resorts.

142. Take the water taxi from OKW to DTD.

143. Go with your nieces and nephews while they're still young enough to be mesmerized.

144. Have a blast in the wave pool at Typhoon Lagoon.

145. Get your picture taken with a CM.

146. Buy the refillable mug at your resort.

147. Visit the AKL and try the pistachio creme brulee at Jiko.

148. Take a behind-the-scenes tour.

149. Grab a chair and take a nap in the lobby at the Wilderness Lodge. Just don't snore too loud like I did.

150. Never get tired of hearing that "Welcome Home" when you return to your DVC resort.

katzctkpt
06-23-2008, 12:42 AM
133. Watch the sun rise at POR overlooking the water and the Riverside Mill WaterWheel.

134. Try the sweet potato pancakes at Boatwright's.

playdead88
06-23-2008, 06:15 AM
153. Plan Plan Plan before you go

154. take advantage of photo pass and check out the pre pay photo pass option

155. try to book an early breakfast reservation at magic kingdom - you get in early and get the chance to walk down main street with almost no crowd - the best part is the smells - its a mix of just watered flowers, candy and the bakery :cloud9: its my favorite place on earth!

156. order groceries from garden grocer - its so nice to have drinks and snacks in your hotel room

157. try to take some time to slow down and enjoy being in disney world

BritCody
06-23-2008, 07:08 AM
158. If you are staying on WDW Property, take advantage of having your purchases at the stores shipped to your resort instead of carrying them around.

159. On HM never step to the dead center of the room. Step towards the entrance for the Doom Buggies and get ahead of at least 30 or so people.

160. Similar to 159. on TOT always stand in the back away from the t.v and near the next entrance door so you are now first out of the room and ahead of the pack

DisneyorBust
06-23-2008, 09:14 AM
161. Watch WISHES! from the beach at the Polynesian resort.

162. Try and get the earliest ADR for a Crystal Palace breakfast. It is something special to be in a nearly empty Magic Kingdom.

ISLE39
06-23-2008, 10:02 AM
163 go to Goofys candy company and make your own rice krispy treat, pretzel or marshmallow stick. its your own creation and so much fun to eat.

164 dont forget those ponchos from home, the sunblock no matter what time of year it is florida sun is unforgiving and bandaids and aspirin

165 dont forget your disney rewards card as its free spending money in walt disney world

166 dont forget your Cellphone or walkie talkies to keep in touch if and when you seperate for rides and such

167 AND MOST IMPORTANTLY DONT EVER LOSE SIGHT OF ONE THING IT WAS ALL STARTED BY A MOUSE

Lorraine444
06-23-2008, 10:37 AM
168. You can get free Ice water @ any stand that sells fountain soda.... The water is not bad like everyone says. BIG SAVINGS!

169. When they close a ride from mechanical problems, watch everyone leave & sometimes it re-opens very quickly - you are now in front of the line...:D

djsharp
06-23-2008, 10:49 AM
Great Posts! I'm making a list for the trip.:mickey:

TIGGER17179
06-23-2008, 10:55 AM
170- Buy the refillable mugs at the Resorts - they will pay for themselves!
171- Take Crystal Lite to go packs with you to put in the water and use the same water bottle for the day. Keeps you hidrated and it's cheaper than buying a coke.
172- Take the path behind the castle and stop at the Wishing well and make a wish!
173- Go to the store close to the castle and clap your hands to wake up tinkerbell.
174-Be the first into MK and get a Picture with NO ONE in front of the castle! Really cool!
175- Get a birthday button at the parks if it's your birthday.. Maybe something magical will happen.
176- Go to the left at MK- everyone else goes to the right toward Fantasy land.
177- Watch the water show at Epcot...
178- when buying a double hamburger - split with someone and buy an extra bun for .70cents- that way you both can have a hamburger. They have plenty of condiments to put on them. Saves money - trust me!

MushuGrl
06-23-2008, 12:12 PM
179. Grab a hot dog at Casey's while waiting for the parade.

180. Cheesesticks at Liberty Tree are AMAZING.

181. Everyone focuses on the few down Main Street toward the castle at night - look the opposite way from the Castle toward the train station. Main Street is BEAUTIFUL lit up!

CU Tiger
06-23-2008, 12:32 PM
182.Look for hidden Mickey’s everywhere!
183.Watch the fireworks and the electric light parade from the beach at FW
184.Freeze water bottles overnight to take into the parks. Drink them as they melt and you will always have a cold drink.
185.See the HDDR
186.Don’t be afraid to become a kid again
187.You do not have to do everything in the park. Do what you can and enjoy yourself.

disneyfan328
06-23-2008, 12:51 PM
188- Make sure to go to POR to see/hear the piano guy ( I am at a blank for his name right now) He is great even for kids. Too funny

189 - let the kids explore intercot or books from the library on Disney and have them pick out the things that they don't want to miss. It will make for less melt downs in the parks

190 - Mickey Ice Cream bars - let the kids have them when they want them even if its right before dinner. Its Disney - let it be out of the ordinary and magical

191 - pack snacks/breakfast items in your suitcase and ship them with you.

192 - get water delivered to your hotel room saved us a ton of money

193 - someone already mentioned the crystal lite packs, but my kids like the kool aid indv. packets to mix with their water

194 - When you see something you like - stop and buy it or take that picture now - don't wait. its easy to say I'll do it later or get it later, but sometimes later never comes or you never make it back ot that place. Do it now!

195 - check kids feet often for signs of blisters. little ones may not realize that burn they are feeling is the start of one.

196 - Extra socks in your day pack - nothing refreshed the feet like some baby powder and a fresh pair.

197 - ziplock baggies - bring them in various sizes great for snacks, wet clothes, and bringing back any desserts that you didn't get to finish.

198 - Pack kids clothes by outfit in ziplock bags - socks, undies, outfit ect. in the suit case - you can squeeze out the air and that way everything is there for them and makes getting ready in the morning much easier. no missing pieces!

199 - don't forget to tip mousekeeping and let the kids get it on it. I had mine draw pictures and use disney stickers to decorate an envelope for each day. It helped them to understand the whole concept

200 - decorate your window at your resort. so much fun and really makes the trip more magical

I think thats it for now, but If I think of any more I'll be back!!

RBrooksC
06-23-2008, 01:57 PM
201: If you park at the TTC and you leave the park after the parade and fireworks, bypass the long lines at the monorail station and walk to the CR. The monorail isn't crowded there and the next stop will be the TTC.

202: Don't rush to go to the parks the first day you are there. Take some time to relax. Check into your hotel and explore those grounds, especially if you stay at a Deluxe resort. Then get over to the Monorails resorts, take a free ride on the monorail and stop at each monorail resort to explore what they have to offer.

203: Make sure you ask for more crayons or Ketchup at Whispering Canyon.

DisneyOtaku
06-23-2008, 02:10 PM
204: If your family can sit through it, try eatting at least one nicer sit-down meal. The food has never failed me yet! :thumbsup:

205: If you are staying at the Poly, be sure to grab a tropical drink and a hammock on the beach and just relax as you gaze at the Castle--perfect during both day and night!

julyjewel
06-23-2008, 02:26 PM
206. If you stay at ASMU, try and stay in the Broadway section, nice and quiet and the piano pool is nice.

207. Buy photo albums

208. Make sure everyone gets their own special souvenir.

209. Look up your Family crest at Epcot

RBrooksC
06-23-2008, 02:35 PM
210: If you decide to buy pins, make sure they represent something special about your current trip or a trip you had in the past. They will mean more when you get them home.

211: Take out the two-seater speedboats at the MK area resorts. They are inexpensive and you can go anywhere on Bay Lake (except where the para sailing, etc happens) and Seven Seas Lagoon. That happened to be the only daddy only time I had when we were in WDW last September.

Mickeydream
06-23-2008, 07:21 PM
212. Take time to ride the bikes around the Boardwalk resorts. The CM's even help you up the "hills"if necessary.

213. Make sure to compliment the CM's that do the grounds cleaning. A "thanks for a job well-done" means a lot.

214. Have school bread from Norway.

VolMickey
06-23-2008, 10:33 PM
215. Get a MK view room at CM and sit on the balcony to watch the fireworks at night's end. Very cool and nice to be able to watch the show, then turn around and go into the A/C during the summer. :cool:

216. Ride the ride your child(ren) want to ride, as many times as they want to ride it. They're only little once in life. :party:

217. Bring home Mickey Ears with your boss's name embroidered on them. Couldn't hurt and just might get a chuckle. :mickey:

djsharp
06-23-2008, 11:33 PM
200 - decorate your window at your resort. so much fun and really makes the trip more magical

QUOTE]

Do they let you do that?? What can you decorate it with?

Grim Grinning Marathon Runner
06-24-2008, 09:18 AM
201. DO NOT BE GROUCHY! This is a VACATION - it doesn't matter if you don't stick exactly to a plan or if something minor happens, you're at DISNEY WORLD for crying out loud! Enjoy it and don't yell at anyone like a spouse or a child!

201. Take a photo on the "Singing in the Rain" street pole w/ umbrella at DHS.

202. Look for the key under the mat in the front of the Muppet area at DHS.

203. Pull the rope on the well at Indiana Jones at DHS (even though it says not to).

204. Eat at least one meal at the 50s Prime Time Cafe

205. If you find yourself not using some of your fastpasses, find a family with that number of people and give them the fastpasses.

TIGGER17179
06-24-2008, 09:30 AM
[QUOTE=Grim Grinning Marathon Runner;1666997]201. DO NOT BE GROUCHY!

That one should be number one!!!

206- Band-Aids!!! lots and lots of Band-Aids!!!

207- Go to Sci-Fi and have lunch...

208- Watch the Stollers everyone!!! I can't tell you how many times I've gotten run over!!!

209- If you see someone taking a picture-- either stop or walk around! Don't walk right in the middle of the picture!

210- If you see a family taking a picture offer to take one of the whole family for them. It makes you feel good knowing you helped preserve a memory for the whole family not just the family minus one.. At least it does me I'm always the one taking the picture!

211- Volunteer to be an extra at any show! I always do this and it's a lot of fun. I did the Indiana Jones and had a blast!

212- Don't be afraid to act silly--

TIGGER17179
06-24-2008, 09:41 AM

QUOTE]

Do they let you do that?? What can you decorate it with?

Yeah you can and it's a lot of fun. Sometime the cleaning members add to it as well. If you buy a hat or a stuff animal put it in the window with a pair of sunglasses or the hat on. If you get a toy for the kids put that in the window. We came back and the maid had tied the curtain and had Mickey sitting in the middle with the other animals and stuff sitting at the bottom. Totally cool!! :thumbsup:

DISNEYLOVERS5
06-24-2008, 09:49 AM
I think that the counting got messed up a little .
213: as you leave MK for the last time during your vacation look back at the clock and remember that until you get back.

Disneyexpert15
06-24-2008, 11:23 AM
214: Try to avoid the popular lunch crowd at the theme parks.(If you come during lunch crowd you'll be in a line for an hour to wait for your food). Try come about 10:30 or 2 in the afternoon for your lunch.

disneydoug
06-24-2008, 11:51 AM
215. Go to the ESPN Club. I have met several famous athletes there.
216. Walk through the stores on Main Street in MK on the way out of the park. You will bypass several thousand people on the way to the exit.
217.Talk to the Mayor of MK on your way to your favorite ride.
218. Get a haircut in Mk even if you don't need it.
219.Say 'THANK YOU' to the CMs. They are wonderful.
220.No matter how old you are, interact with the characters. It will be good for you.

pittsburgh12
06-24-2008, 12:58 PM
221. When in EPCOT, go to bakery in Norway and eat a Schoolhouse bread (delicious!!!)

222. On POTC ride, look at Pirates hairy leg when you go under the bridge. (So realistic)

223. Eat dinner at Ohana in Poly. (One of best meals of my life!!!)

224. Ride Splash Mountain during parades and Wishes, there is no-line. However, MAKE SURE you don't miss Wishes. See it at least one night before you skip and ride the rides during it.

225. Enjoy all the time while you are there with your family and savor the memories and experiences!!!

226. When MK is closing, go in the shops and buy gifts/souvenirs as you are walking down Main Street.

227. Take in the beautiful scenery at the Grand Floridian if staying there. The lobby is gorgeous!!!

228. Ride Soarin' at least 3 times during your stay!!!

229. Get FastPass for Peter Pan's Flight. Lines may not look long but is very deceiving and can take a while.

230. Enjoy walking in all the different stores in Downtown Disney!!

Bri
06-24-2008, 02:26 PM
231. Eat at Cali Grill and then watch Wishes from the balcony.

232. At Christmas time, explore all the Deluxe resorts to check out their decorations (we will be doing that this year)

233. Don't forget about Innovations at Epcot. We get so caught up at the World Showcase, we hardly spend any time in that side of the park.

234. Eat at the Fountain Bakery in Epcot, it's ssssssooooooo good!

Bri
06-24-2008, 02:33 PM
235. Stand on top of Summit Plummit in Blizzard Beach and you can see all the parks. You will get a better understanding of how big the Disney property really is.

Disneyatic
06-24-2008, 04:03 PM
236. Try some of the different sodas at Club Cool in Epcot

237. DD8 says to ride Test Track and put your hands up on the outside speed part

238. Watch the Fountain of Nations in Epcot

239. Wear a t-shirt with your favorite Disney character and then try to find that character and take a picture with them.

disneygeek84
06-24-2008, 04:07 PM
240. When you ride EE and are going up the big hill look to both sides. You can see ToT and SSE.

241. Ride EE at night if you can. It's so much better in the dark.

242. Ride BTMRR at night as well. Such a different experience.

italiangrl.08
06-24-2008, 04:14 PM
243.Call 180 days prior to disney vaca. for great reservations!!!

244. Take your time, if you need to add another day or two, so that you can realax!:vacation:

245. Get the hopper, personally i find it much easier, especially for dining reasons! Epcot has great stuff....and it is easier to just hop over there for a bit to eat!!!!!

246.Don't be afarid to be pampered! You do this at home:
:laundry::dishes::mop::giveup:

Not at disney.....:D :shop:

247. Try new things! Not just in Disney also in water parks or new hotels, etc!!!!:sail:

jpH/keD
06-24-2008, 04:23 PM
248. Find Pluto and have your DS5 tell him he sleeps w/ a stuffed Pluto every night!!
And if you are the DMom try not to cry!

249. Skip dinner and have a Kitchen Sink at Beaches and Cream w/ your family! :thumbsup:

fielin
06-24-2008, 04:58 PM
250. If you feel like having an exclusive dinner, try Victoria and Albert, but know that there are no windows in the restaurant.

251. If you want a wonderful meal with a beautiful view, try the California grill instead and get an ADR half an hour before the firework.

252. If you want a fun meal, try 50's primetime in DHS or Whispering Canyon at Wilderness Lodge.

253. Try the Segway Tour at Epcot, you'll not regret it.

254. Rainy all day ? Try a water park tomorrow : the crowds will be very low.

255. There is a world outside WDW. Do try Universal resort, and book at least one night in one of their hotels. You will get unlimited fastpasses for both days, and their hotels are in some ways superiors to Disney's deluxe.

256. Do not go to Cirque du Soleil if it's your first time at WDW. It's a beautiful show, but you've got much better things to do ! Instead, try Adventurer's club.

257. If you go to Adventurer's club, please stay for several shows. They are all different, and you will need the time to 'get it'.

258. Wear sunscreen. This simple gesture will ensure you enjoy your stay, instead of hiding from the sun after you've been burnt.

259. If you've got the time, walk. Between Epcot and Boardwalk, between DHS and Beach Club... You'll find nice sceneries, and let the time to build excitation.

260. Take the boat. From Wilderness lodge to MK, from POR or POFQ and Downtown Disney... Relaxing and you might even have a fun captain !

JasonH
06-24-2008, 11:42 PM
Ok, the numbering has gotten messed up along the way but I did count the correct # of posts and the last one should be 278. I'll get us back on track with a missed tip on my first post around. :thumbsup:

279. Get unlimited refills of hot chocolate or blue icee with your Pop Century mug at Pop. :tasty:

busterthebronco
06-25-2008, 07:31 AM
280. read intercot everyday so you dont miss out on anything!

sonkist32
06-25-2008, 01:23 PM
281. take a picture of your child holding mom or dad's hand right next to walt holding micki's

cal5755
06-25-2008, 02:15 PM
282. Tell your kids to look under the mat by the lab in Muppets 3 D so they can see the key ( I will be doing this for the first time in sept thanks to INTERCOT)

Magic Smiles
06-26-2008, 02:58 PM
166 dont forget your Cellphone or walkie talkies to keep in touch if and when you seperate for rides and such

283. Leave your CELLPHONES home..you are on vacation.
Sorry this drives our family crazy, everyone down there is ALWAYS on their cellphones! Not us, ours stays in the room.

TIGGER17179
06-26-2008, 03:19 PM
283- trade pins! It's a lot of fun and you get to meet and talk with new people you may not have even looked at.

284- Try to go to Star Wars weekend!

285- Watch a parade

286- Go to campfire movies at Fort Wilderness or go horse back riding.

287- Read articles about how disney began so when you see the differnet things you will know why... Like the names on the windows of Main street.. they really do have a meaning.

289- Get a DOLE WHIP!!!:number1:

TIGGER17179
06-26-2008, 03:22 PM
283. Leave your CELLPHONES home..you are on vacation.
Sorry this drives our family crazy, everyone down there is ALWAYS on their cellphones! Not us, ours stays in the room.

Sorry !! I'm one of those.. I take pictures and send them back home to the people that couldn't go with us. And it's more reliable than the walkie talkies if we all get lost. But I'm not on it 24/7--
When I was in sales I didn't have a choice-- I had to or I couldn't go on vacation. I actually made a deal waiting in line at IASM...:blush:

But those days are over...thank goodness!

JPelle76
06-27-2008, 12:20 AM
I'm getting so excited reading all this! I keep thinking next week at this time I'll be partying at Pleasure Island! Woohoo!!!:mickey: :marg::beer:

290 - Spend a day hotel hopping! There is so much to see and do WITHOUT setting foot in any of the parks!

291 - When you need to recharge your batteries at MK take a ride on Tommorrowland transit athority! It's one of the most underrated rides, so relaxing and stress free! Plus the longest I have ever waited on line for it is 2 minutes!

292 - Have your picture taken at a specific spot and go back there every trip to have it taken again. Try to be a little more creative then in front of the castle. It's fun thing to look back on through the years, especially to see your kids grow!

293 - My personal favorite, look at the details! There is so much thought and creativity put into them! They are so often overlooked but are such a great surprise when found!

mrsgaribaldi
06-27-2008, 05:30 AM
294 make sure your socks are not wearing out or have holes, if they do, buy new ones before you go and wear them

295 don't wear brand new sneakers, break them in before you get to Disney

296 bring mole skin in case the you don't remember the 2 above;)

297 bring some Advil/Tylenol with you, very expensive in the parks

298 wear sunglasses:cool:

299 write down what you did each day for the trip report:mickey:

300 grab a bite at Earl of Sandwich, the bread pudding is delicious:cloud9:

Lightnin McQueen
06-27-2008, 06:50 AM
301) Rather than planning each day, split each day into morning and evening and plan those. You automatically start making the most of the parks and other things/places/experiences.

302) Pin trade with a CM. I believe they're not allowed to refuse a trade. Some CM's turn one or some of their pins around so you can't see them, they're called mystery pins.

303) Keep an eye out for those hidden mickeys throughout WDW. Big (DHS) and small (AKL lobby on one of the huge upright wooden pillars).

304) Visit Disney hotels, maybe plan your next trip.

305) Leave tips for mousekeeping and a polite and lovely note asking whether they have ever seen any towel animals in your room?

RaRaRoundTheWorld
06-28-2008, 02:53 PM
306. If you're not in a rush to exit first, plant yourself in the middle of a crowd to enter shows like Philharmagic. The view is better.

307. Bring earplugs in case the noise levels bother you.

308. Reserve one or two days to take the bulk of your videotaping or photos around the world, so you can really enjoy the rest of your time.

RBrooksC
06-30-2008, 10:45 AM
Visit Disney hotels, maybe plan your next trip.

If my wife and I didn't do this on our Honeymoon trip, we would have never discovered Wilderness Lodge. Because we went to Whispering Canyon to eat before we left for the airport, we got to experience WL and knew we had to stay there the next time we went to Disney.

RBrooksC
06-30-2008, 10:54 AM
309: If you have small children (especially two and under) when you get back from the parks in the evening, take some time to relax and use the pool. It helps switch gears and expend some of the energy still existing from the fun day at the parks. It also helps mommy or daddy relax also.

310: Also, if you have small children, even if you are like me and believe in a strict daily routine to keep children grounded and behaved, relax it a little at Disney and allow them to stay up late and do what they want. It was a small price to pay to get my son back on his sleep schedule to allow him to stay up a little and experience stuff he normally wouldn't.

Minnie Imagineer
06-30-2008, 11:13 AM
311) enjoy the beaches at a disney world hotel..very relaxing :vacation:
312) make mouse ears for the whole family :mickey:
313) one person shouldn't always be out of your family pictures..get another traveler to take a picture :photo:
314) be sure to be very organized before you leave for your trip- bring a folder with all of your information in it
315) get some excersize..power-walk to your next ride! :walk:
316) have one relaxing day...mom can go to a spa at wdw and dad can play a round of golf :golf:
317) bring 'room food' for late at night when the kids get hungry or in the morning before breakfast..its alot cheaper than always buying snacks at your hotel gift shop! :eat:

Sammyjo
06-30-2008, 10:33 PM
318- Bring post-its for the bathroom for little kids who don't like loud flushing toilets

dumbo ears
07-01-2008, 11:46 AM
319- use emh as much as possible and use the buses

320- If you cant make adrs eat at downtown disney, boardwalk, or the resorts.

321-Go to the boardwalk at night. It has great atmosphere and food is great

tmosier
07-01-2008, 12:15 PM
318- Bring post-its for the bathroom for little kids who don't like loud flushing toilets

Huh?

RBrooksC
07-01-2008, 12:32 PM
257. If you go to Adventurer's club, please stay for several shows. They are all different, and you will need the time to 'get it'.

Um, not anymore... LOL

IloveDisney71
07-01-2008, 12:47 PM
322. Don't forget to thank the bus drivers. I love not having to drive while I'm in the world. Some look so surprised when you say thank you to them that I guess they sometimes feel invisible.
323. Buy a crazy hat or Mickey ears. You'll have a lot more fun and the CM's and characters interact with you more.
324. Have a Lapu Lapu from the Poly. Yum!
325. Watch the Electrical WAter Pageant and Wishes from the beach at Poly. BEAUTIFUL!!!

BMan62
07-01-2008, 01:30 PM
Huh?

Some kids don't like the sound of the automatic flush on the toilets in WDW - the post-its cover the sensor. When the child is far enough away that it won't bother them, take the post-it off and allow the toilet to flush.

Suz36
07-01-2008, 09:09 PM
326. Ask photopass photographers about "special" photos.

327. Collect squishy pennies.

328. Explore the Tree of Life. The carvings are fantastic, and kids love to see how many different animals they can spot.

329. Try Tonga Toast at Poly! YUM!

330. Make sure to set a wake-up call every night, even if you plan on sleeping in - just set it for later! It's so nice to be wished "magical dreams" and then be woken by Mickey!

331. Make sure kids don't wear pins they don't want to trade.

"SULLEY "RULES!!
07-01-2008, 09:48 PM
332. Don't pass up the... cheddar cheese soup at Le Celliar

333. Go to a character dinner; they are AWESOME!!!!

334. Have the photo pass people take your pictures through out the parks ( you'll wan't to buy the CD when you get home )

335. Have a wonderful meal at Artist Point

336. Watch the cast members/performers through out World Showcase

337. Ride the monorail

338. Have your picture taken with the following characters: Mike and Sulley, Stitch, Rafiki, and Chip and Dale ( they turn out to be the best photos )

339. Ride SPACE MOUNTAIN

340. STOP and LOOK at Cinderellas Castle for a few minutes

I could go on and on:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

SFTrny
07-01-2008, 09:55 PM
Remember two things...

1) The best moment is when you drive through the entrance gate, knowing that you have entered a special place.

2) The scond best moment is when you drive out, knowing that the magic will always be waiting for you when you return.

Lightnin McQueen
07-02-2008, 06:53 AM
342) Have a plan, but if you don't feel like doing something on your schedule, then change it . . . relax, your on vacation :thumbsup:

343) Called your family loved ones at home from the parks, spread the magic :magic:

Lightnin :thumbsup:

tmosier
07-02-2008, 10:29 AM
327. Collect squishy pennies.

I know what pressed pennies are, but what are squishy pennies?

Suz36
07-03-2008, 10:07 PM
I know what pressed pennies are, but what are squishy pennies?

Sorry! Same thing, it's just what my family calls them. We have matching t-shirts that say, "I'm on a squishin' mission!"

I have another one:

344. Get to Beauty and the Beast early to catch Four for a Dollar - they are excellent!

GoBlueLacheta
07-03-2008, 10:19 PM
345. Give Stitch some love ( stitch was alone and buzz had about 500 kids in front of him in line )

Tink#64
07-03-2008, 10:50 PM
346. Have someone take a picture of your family with the Mickey & friends statue beside the Christmas Shop in DTD - it's so cute to enclose in your Christmas cards! :santa:

347. Eat an early lunch in Pinocchio Village Haus, sit by the window & watch the boats launch in IASW and wave to everyone! It's surprising how many people will wave at you ! :wave:

348. Watch the Floating Electrical Pageant from the boat dock at the WL & then ride the boat over to MK. This is just in time to watch wishes from the water. It's beautiful! :fworks:

349. Take time to explore your resort and enjoy the amazing themeing and the beautiful grounds! :cloud9:

pixiesmimi
07-04-2008, 01:58 PM
350. Download locations of all the pressed penny machines, buy a souvenir book in one of the shops and try to get all of the pennies.

351. Take your time and see every ride, every shop, every nook and cranny one trip. You will be surprised what all you have missed on previous trips.

352. Get a book to find out overlooked or unknown things about the parks and see how many you can find.

353. Be a kid again and have a picture taken with every character you can find even if you have no children with you.

354. Wear your birthday or anniversary button every day and enjoy all of the attention (and sometimes freebies).

355. Stay in a different resort each time until you have stayed at all of them.

356. Eat at a different restaurant each time until you have tried them all.

357. Go when they have free dining or discounted room rates.

358. Wear crocs and save your feet. Always take moleskin, no matter what kind of shoes you wear.

359. Make sure kids have the most comfortable shoes they own, whether they go with their outfit or not.

360. Don't carry your room key next to your cell phone. It demagnatizes it.

361. Even if you don't think you will like a certain show or it will be boring, try it anyway. You may be surprised.

362. If you missed something on your last trip, like a show was closed or something, make that your first stop on your next trip.

363. Stand on the bridge in front of Crystal Palace to watch the fireworks.

364. Watch for Tinkerbelle to fly before the fireworks from the castle.

365. Use left over snacks or CS on your DDP at the food court for snacks and drinks for the trip home. Stop at a rest stop and enjoy lunch or snacks with this.

EPCOT84
07-04-2008, 04:47 PM
319: Buy a water bottle holder in the park. You can usually find them at the refreshment carts. It's like a lanyard that goes over the shoulder. It's inexpensive, saves carrying your water bottle in your hand, and makes a great souvenir. At Epcot it has the nation flags. Animal Kingom has its own design too.

samanthastanky
07-04-2008, 06:53 PM
320. Stop over at the Outer Rim in the Contemporary and have a cocktail. You can sit and sip while you watch the monorail go by. :wine:

pixiesmimi
07-04-2008, 09:22 PM
We are off again on the numbers. The next one should be 366, I think.

Lorraine444
07-18-2008, 10:04 PM
There has got to be 1,000 Disney tips?
I think people are holding out (LOL).:secret:

I'm thinking.... I'm thinking....:idea:

Friend of Figment
07-19-2008, 12:52 AM
366. On MK day, make a lunch reservation at one of the monorail resorts. Take a cool break away from the crowds.

367. The Contemporary has computers in the rooms - no need to lug the laptop.

368. Remind yourself that you never want to say "This is expensive start having fun right now!" to your children.

369. Remember that the people who have been waiting for an hour for the parade/fireworks don't really want to make room for you when you show up 5 minutes before the show.

370. If you arrive on a red-eye from the West Coast, bring a change of clothes. You'll feel more awake in fresh clothes.

azdisneymom
07-19-2008, 11:45 AM
371. Make the trip to AKL. Take time to talk to the CMs. They are warm and inviting with such wonderful stories to share about their homes.

372. While there take the Cultural safari, its free. Plus you can try some of the food from each restaraunt.

TheMartellFamily
07-19-2008, 11:51 AM
373. Do not rush beacuse you can miss so many details everywhere.
374. KNOW YOU WILL BE BACK!
375. WHEN YOU LEAVE START PLANNING THE NEXT WDW VACATION!!!

pink
07-19-2008, 12:58 PM
376) Start in MK and end in MK.

377) Get my "first visit" pin for anyone in your party who hasn't experienced the magic before!

378) Don't plan every minute of your vacation, take time to be spontaneous as well.

379) If a line is short, don't run past the decorations. That is half the experience right there!

380) Leave a space between you and the other person on the HM to make room for any "hitchiking ghosts."

381) If a line has two sides, use the left side it's usually less busy.

382) Don't forget to just let go and be a kid again, that is what Disney is made for!

383) Ride Soarin early in the morning or get a fastpass first thing, they run out. :mickey:

EpcotFan182
07-19-2008, 03:33 PM
384. Try to be at the parks for rope drop

385. Get to Space Mountain early in the morning

386. Make Soarin' and Test Track your first stops at Epcot

387. Remember to hydrate throughout the day

388. Get as much done in the morning so you can leave early (I've always found it to get hotter and more crowded as the day progressed)

PAYROLL PRINCESS
07-19-2008, 11:25 PM
389. I don't remember if this has already been posted or not-
Be kind to the Cast Members. It can't be easy working in that heat day in and day out and having to be positive and upbeat no matter what happens during their shift. I'm sure they take a lot of flack from unhappy guests so a kind word or even a cheerful hello will help make their day a little brighter and will let them know that they are appreciated.

Stace74
07-21-2008, 11:02 AM
390. Take ear plugs for your small children. The loud noises seem to be what scares them the most.

391. Take or buy a small light for the kids. They can use it if they get scared in the dark.

392. If you have small children who are tired and above mentioned ear plugs take them on the Ellen ride in Epcot. This ride is long and cool and great for a much needed nap.

jnfr2424
07-21-2008, 11:30 AM
Here are some of my tips to add to the great tips already here!

393. Visit the Trading Post in FW even if you are not staying there, some of the items are cheaper here than anywhere else in the World!

394. Try the Bicycle with your family at the Ice Cream Shop on Main St. A great dessert that must be shared!

395. If staying on property - get a refrigerator for the room

396. Wait for the front of the Monorail when going from TTC to Epcot - this is where you can take a great shot of SE and WS from the front!

397. When sitting in the front of the Monorail ask for a Driver's License - great free souvenir!

398. Get a copy of your family newspaper at Whispering Canyon in WL when you first enter - they print it right there on the spot!

399. On Space Mountain go to the line on the left its usually shorter and there is a nice little drop during the ride!

400. Catch some of Spectromagic while riding SM! Magical!:mickey:

401. try a Turkey leg in Frontierland and a Hot Dog Egg Roll in Adventureland

PittFan
07-21-2008, 11:43 AM
402. Take a few of teenage daughters Clairisol face wipes w/ you in a baggie. They almost instantly stop the itching & thebite will disappear in a few hours. :thumbsup:

tink2006
07-22-2008, 11:17 AM
Packing tips:
403. Pack a power strip. This way all your electrical items are in one place.
404. Pack a hanging shoe holder. The kind that hangs on the closet rod. We use ours to store all the bathroom items such as hair dyer, medicines etc.
405. When we use the safe in the rooms. I will place our car keys in the safe. This way you can't leave without opening the safe. No chance to forget your goodies.

mdhiggin
07-22-2008, 12:53 PM
406. Pack snacks and drinks in laundry basket. Put the food away when you get to the room, and then you can use the basket for dirty laundry, as intended. The food will probably be mostly gone by the time you leave, so you won't need the laundry basket again, except for laundry.
407. I've started a Disney toy tub at home. I'm planning to take them to the World on our trips. They will have been put away for awhile before, so when we get there, it'll be something almost new to play with. I'm hoping it'll keep me from having to buy new Disney toys while at WDW.

Giselle
07-22-2008, 04:16 PM
408. Don't yell at your kids for the small stuff- remember you're there to have fun.
409 Make conversation with other people in line. You'll meet people from all over the world and it makes time go faster.
410 Try to go not during the summer or during Christmas break. It is a totally different experience.
411 Ride a boat anytime you can instead of other transporation. It is a relaxing transisiton.
412 The QS restaurants at Epcot have food almost the same as the corresponding TS restaurant if you are in a hurry and/or trying to save money.

dixielandings
07-22-2008, 04:39 PM
I'm not sure, by the previous post, where we are number-wise. I THINK it should start with 413. So...oh, by the way, I'm loving reading all these things and seeing the ones that we do on a regular basis (or have done at least once) and then seeing things we need to try, like eating early at Crystal Palace (can't wait to do that - I love me some early AM Park time). Here goes...

413. Wear Crocs.
414. Don't overeat - it's tempting, but leaves you miserable.
415. Pace yourselves. Realize you won't "see it all" in one trip even if you're there for 2 weeks.
416. Go in the fall. Please.
417. Visit E's F&G Festival in spring.
418. Use FP but don't sweat it if you don't get one. Remember, waiting in long lines is how we all did it for years before FP. Besides, WDW has the most entertaining queues.
419. Use single-rider line on Everest.
420. Have a churro! (if you can find them;))
421. On Buzz Lightyear, keep the trigger depressed for higher scores.
422. Use the benches. They exist for our much-needed rest.
423. Come to I'cot and let everybody know what you learned on your last trip so we can all benefit!

dixielandings
07-22-2008, 04:43 PM
I thought of another one -
424. If you wear a hat (which is great for avoiding sunburn in a very uncomfortable place), take it off inside. You'll cool off faster.
425. If you ride Kali RR, take off socks if you're wearing them, wear a rain poncho, and put everything else - EVERYTHING - in one of the free lockers.
426. If you don't ride Kali (or even if you do), walk up the exit bridge and squirt unsuspecting riders with the spray elephants. hahahaha

Ok - that's 3.

Daddy Mouse
07-23-2008, 10:52 AM
427. If you have little ones, practice holding hands and walking when you are out before going to WDW. Our two ages 4 and 5 did awesome. Even when they saw the characters they wanted to meet. We started this a couple of months before we left for the World.

428. Watch movies shows etc... before going.

429. Hit the rides that lines form fast and are slow loaders first. eg. ride Dumbo and the Tea Cups before going to Buzz.

Giselle
07-23-2008, 04:43 PM
430. Don't get on wet rides first - you might be uncomfortable all day long unless you bring a change of clothes.

431. Buy matching Tshirts to wear at parks, it makes it easy to stick together and see each other in a crowd.

432. Write your cell # with a sharpie on your child's hand in case you are separated.

waymickey
07-23-2008, 06:24 PM
433 rent a bike at WL and bike around the woods. Great time for the family and lots to see

434 Go to the barn at FW and see the horses.

435 rent a mouse racer at WL and sight see from the boat. See the old discovery Island, and front of MK and more.

436 Ask for a straw at wispering canyon cafe.They don't always do this but most of the time you will get about 50.

437 get ADR for mickey's backyard BBQ all you can eat , Country band , characters and dancing. great time

Mousemates
07-23-2008, 06:36 PM
438 . Kiss your spouse in a doom buggie.

disneymajik
07-23-2008, 08:49 PM
439) Watch wishes while your in the Volcano Pool at the Poly

440) If you want a better shot a waking up Tinker Bell, get an early ressie at the CRT and be lined up at the rope drop at the castle

441) Don't miss 'Bob' the piano man at the River Roost @ POR. Great show for the family

442) Rent a pole @ POR and enjoy the fishin' hole

Lightnin McQueen
07-28-2008, 06:42 AM
443) Get a fellow WDW visitor to take a picture of your family 'AND YOU' (rather than having one family member missing who is behind the camera capturing your fond memories)

444) Take your time . . . you can run somewhere, to a ride or a show and miss the beauty of things you pass by on the way. Sometimes the most wonderful things are right in front of us, we just need to clear our minds, look around and open our eyes.

445) Take a look around at all of the kids faces when you're in WDW . . . absolutely magical !

446) Leave your everyday life behind and enjoy your time with your family.

447) Having just read another post on YMD magic moments that people have received I wanted to say . . .

- If you get something then enjoy your very special moment
- If you don't then hey . . . You're in the world so you're blessed anyways with your dream . . .
- If you see someone receive a dream, go congratulate them and that way you have made their dream a little more special and you know what they say . . . "what goes around comes around"

13 days to go until our trip and we're extremely excited. Thanks to you all for your help with trip planning :thumbsup:

RBrooksC
07-28-2008, 10:55 AM
448: The flip side to another suggestion... DON'T wear a poncho on Kali River Rapids. Enjoy the fact you are getting soaked in your clothes. If you do it right, you will stay cooler due to being wet and your wet clothes evaporating.

449: Abandon the idea that you are an adult even if just for a little bit. Do this especially if you have children. See the park through their eyes and you will yell less and redirect more if they get out of hand.

450: Behind the castle to the left is a fountain featuring Cinderella. Squat down to see that statue as a child would. If you look from the correct perspective (as a child...) you will see a crown atop Cinderella's head.

I took a photo that shows the crown on her head. It is interesting what the imagineers did for the joy of a child looking at Cinderella.

readytogo2
07-28-2008, 07:11 PM
On time 32 i tihnk it is we asked to sit up once and we got with the scariest person ever! That is the only problem we have ever had with a cast member

kemps@wdw
07-28-2008, 10:42 PM
451. Take a little time to do some "Resort Hopping"
452. Try to get to the parks early enough to be selected "Family Of The Day (you'll know when they're looking and you'll get excellent benefits)
453. Check out the Ben...Ben... you know the french pastries @ Port Orleans
454. Eat and drink your way "around the World" one evening. And enjoy the music!
455. Don't miss the Hoop-Dee-Doo and volunteer for the show
456. Take someone who's never been to WDW and watch their faces.
457. If you stay @ WL, ask about doing the AM flag raising (on top of the resort-the view is FAB!)
458. Try the toasted nuts on the little cart just outside The Land In Epcot
459. Looking for a good spot for Illuminations? Try the porch @ the store in Japan
460. The cheapest beer is @ the cart just past Morroco
461. The dock @ WL @ sunrise is AWESOME!
462. Epcot in OCt...Food & Wine Fest...LUV IT!
463. Be very kind to your mouskeepers!
464. Do the "Leave A Legacy" in Epcot and find them each year you return
465. Be courteous to others even if others are not courteous to you
466. It's a vacation...no whining!
467. Plan, but be prepared to be a little flexible.
468. Eat what you want...not necessarily what you should.
469. Talk to your bus drivers...you just might learn a few things (and thank them)
470. Relax and enjoy-if you miss something, you'll be back!!

disneyfan328
07-29-2008, 01:52 PM
471 - Tide pens (I prefer these over shout wipes) they work wonders
472 - Use the home t shirt transfers and sheets of magnets you can buy at wal mart and make your family personalized tshirts and magnets for your door
473 - decorate your window or door it really adds to the magic when you return "home" at the end of a long day and see your own special deocrations waiting to greet you.
474 - sign up on intercot under the Mousecellanous thread to be a part of Mickey Mail :mickey:- send a postcard back to someone that is having a birthday or an upcoming trip or anniversary or something. Its a nice little way to spread the magical pixie dust around.
475 - bring lite up sticks or glow jewerly with you. You can buyt hem inexpensively before you head to the world and let your kids pass them out to other kids that don't have any while you are waiting for spectromagic or wishes.

Thats what I got for now, but I am sure I will think of some more.

lilmick
07-29-2008, 02:50 PM
476. Catch your teenages smiling while enjoying their Disney experience :mickey:
477. Do the Dining Plan ~ you'll try things you would have never tried!
478. Bring along a collaspible container in your backpack to store desserts that you weren't able to eat at meal time (again, if on the Dining Plan) :thumbsup:
479. Drink LOTS of water!
480. Turn off your cell phone and ENJOY the family time without interruptions!!!

KODABEAR
07-29-2008, 03:17 PM
481) Buy a special Christmas Ornament each visit! And have it dated.
482) Send postcards back home to your family.
483 Send yourself a postcard the day you leave to go home. A great reminder of the fun you just had.:mickey:

RBrooksC
07-29-2008, 03:37 PM
476. Catch your teenages smiling while enjoying their Disney experience

Teenagers smile???

donnah77
07-29-2008, 04:20 PM
484) Pack ziploc bags of various sizes - tons of uses
485) Bring kids bathing suits and a hand towel to the park - great for water play areas
486) Don't follow the herd - watch for shorter lines and remember bag security checking at the gate is at both sides of the table
487)TTA is a wonderful ride - fun and relaxing and never has a line
488) Take a break on the path/bridge between Future World and World Showcase
489)Bring small post-it notes to cover the automatic sensors in the bathroom for small (and wiggly) children
490) CRT photo sessions can be put on your PhotoPass - so you'll get all the pics, not just the one they print (we got over 20!!)
491)If you can't get an ADR for CRT, try Princess Storybook at Epcot in Norway - it is excellent!
492) Order from wegoshop - they'll shop Walmart or Sams or the grocery and delivery to your room
493) Bring your own stroller - baby will be more comfy, you'll have it for outside the park times, and you'll save on rental fees
494) Bring ponchos and conver your stroller when heading indoors for an attraction
495) Let the kids set the pace - little ones will love the play house next to Spash Mtn just as much as a ride. And you can rest!
496) Bring dish soap
497) Bring outlet covers if travelling with little ones
498)Its vacation - just buy it, even if you can find it at home for $5 less :)
499) Say hello and thank you as often as you can
500) Enjoy your time - it is indeed the most wonderful place on earth!

OK folks - we're halfway there!!
Thanks, Donna

DestinationWDW
07-29-2008, 08:26 PM
501) Go to the Contemporary and watch fireworks (deck on 4th floor - you can use if you are not going to Cali Grill!) :fworks:
502) Treat yourself to a wonderful spa treatment - Disney has GREAT places for a lovely treat.....best towards end of trip when feet and legs are sore from all the fun!:cloud9:
503) If you are an adult traveling without kids, do not cheat yourself of all the Fantasy Land Rides.:thumbsup:
504) If you have children...TRY to go without kids one time and enjoy adult dining, tours and watching the joy and wonder on other children's faces.;) (and on some adults!)
505) Give your kids a limit on how much you plan to spend on them :spend before you get there....saves you from the "get me, get me" and "can i have, can i have?" Also a math lesson on budgeting!
506) Clean and do all possible laundry before your vacation so you come home to a relaxing atmosphere!:mop::laundry:
507) Trick or Treat at least one time at a MNSSHP!:pumpkin::
508) Take 1 morning to sleep in and relax...that way you will not return home needing a vacation from your vacation!:sleepin::
Love this thread...as ALWAYS, learning a lot from fellow intercotees!!!

Lightnin McQueen
07-30-2008, 06:06 AM
509) Watch the Water Pageant on Bay Lake from the launch or beach at WL (even if you're not staying at that hotel). It passes around 9:35pm.

510) Take a trip to AKL for the evening, the lobby atmosphere, setting, savannah and animals are just amazing.

511) Don't get too hung up on your room view, if you add up the time you spend in your room other than when you're sleeping it's minimal.

512) If you go to Disneyquest with the kids then thave fun, it's great but take head ache tablets, it's also loud and pretty hectic. If you forget your tablets then ask at the window to the right when exiting and they should offer you some through the window which you can then take from them.

513) Have a meet up place arranged for your party incase you or anyone else gets lost in the crowd.

Texas Tinkerbell Too
07-30-2008, 09:33 AM
514. Instead of writing your phone number on your child's hand...you could order the wristbands with your phone number on them. We did this for our children last year. We also had important info like...allergic to peanuts and asthma on the band.

Daddy Mouse
07-30-2008, 11:19 AM
515. Be prepared for the heat and humidity during the summer months.

516. Pack underwear (we did not pack this once even though it was on our check off list)

517. Enjoy the shows, parades, and fireworks.

KAJUNKING
07-30-2008, 12:24 PM
518. grab a jalepeno cheese stuffed pretzel in tommorowland, they are awesome!

519. try a day at the parks with no plans or expectations, just wing it and live in the moment

BoricuaBell
07-30-2008, 01:45 PM
520. MK - Eat @ Liberty Tree Tavern.

521. AK - Get a Fastpass for Everest 1st.

522. HS - Eat @ Playhouse Disney's Pay & Dine for Breakfast.

523. Epcot - Get a Fastpass for Soarin' 1st.

524. Blizzard Beach - Get on the Family Raft ride.

525. Typhoon Lagoon - Go snorkeling with sharks.

mrsgaribaldi
08-20-2008, 08:57 PM
We aren't done yet people....;)

ariel326
08-21-2008, 08:15 AM
526. WDW is a great place for nursing moms. You don't need to goto baby stations, shows are perfect places for the baby to eat. American Adventure, Carosel of Progress, Universe of Energy, Great movie Ride just to name a few.

DisneyFreak23
08-21-2008, 08:31 AM
Teenagers smile???

haha very funny.

We teenagers DO actually smile on occasion. And yes, the best place to catch this elusive sight is in the Magic Kingdom.:D

MickeysEars
08-21-2008, 12:48 PM
Instead, try Adventurer's club.

:mad:I am so upset that the Adventure's club is going to be gone!!!!!!

Rekenna
08-22-2008, 10:08 AM
I am so excited to participate-I don't think any of these have been mentioned....

527. Watch the Finding Nemo show in AK, it's fantastic!:dory:

528. Make a spreadsheet of your plans, you can insert all kinds of info and then shrink it down and cut it out and it fits nicely in your pocket.:balloon:

529. Go to San Angel Inn, adults only, with your sweetie, it is very romantic.:heart:

Thanks for the great thread and the awesome tips!:mickey:

tiggerandpooh63
08-22-2008, 07:22 PM
530. While in Epcot, whether a child or adult, buy a passport and have it stamped in each country. My husband and I met lots of great cast members that way on a past trip.:mickey:

tiggerandpooh63
08-22-2008, 07:25 PM
531. If the weather doesn't cooperate, if you have a bad experience with someone or something, don't let it ruin your entire trip. Sometimes we plan so hard and have such high expectations that the little things can get in the way of enjoying the simple things as part of the WDW experience.:thumbsup:

LauraleeH
08-22-2008, 09:18 PM
532. Get your picture with the CM that sells balloons on Main Street!

Disneyfun
08-22-2008, 11:14 PM
533. Visit the lobby of the FW DVC Villas. They have one of Walt's own miniature train cars on display there - and the chairs are sooo comfy!!

534. Take the children to the petting zoo (goats) near the stables at FW campgrounds.

535. Go left when there is a fork in the path/line and go counterclockwise on a circular path. You will be going against the flow of traffic and experience smaller crowds ussually.

536. Look for the asteroids inside Space Mtn. - they are actually chocolate chip cookies!!

537. If you have an ADR at Cali Grill, ask to sit in what we call the lobby section of the restaurant. The chairs are more comfortable and feel like a recliner in one's home!

538. Do Jungle Cruise at night. The crowds are lighter and the scenery is much more dramatic.

539. Design your own shirts with iron-on transfers that you can get at Walmart and print off your computer with an ink jet printer. We did this on our last trip and people were constantly asking where we got them at! It is also a great reminder of your trip that you can wear after.

540. If you get sun burnt during the day, take the coldest and longest shower you can when you get back to the hotel. Sunburns are just like any burn and can be lessened with cold water or a cold compress. IT REALLY WORKS!!!

541. Don't take chocolate treats in your backpack into the parks...very bad idea unless you like liquid chocolate contained in a wrapper!

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
08-23-2008, 12:21 AM
I hope I don't repeat any...
542. Retractable (Clickable) Sharpies are awesome for autographs. No more marker on hands or clothes.

543. M&M mini tubes are great for collecting pressed pennies. I fill two for each child. One with pennies and one with quarters.

544. Bring arm floaties for small kids that are not quite swimming yet. They came in really handy when my daughter refused to wear the life preservers you can get at the resorts. She said they were uncomfortable.

545. Gallon size Ziplocs are great for organizing bags and diaper bags. The security guards always comment on how easy it is to check our bags when we can take out a Ziploc or two.

546. Deodorant is your friend in the parks. I always bring a small travel size container with me.:blush:

547. I always bring small bottles of children's cold medicine and tylenol. Buying it at the resorts can be quite expensive. It never fails that someone gets a cough or the sniffles on vacation.

548. Don't let anyone tell you Epcot is not for kids. Mine are 11,8 and 4 and it is their favorite park.

549. Bring a nighlight for your room. Even adults can get confused in the dark.

550. Don't wait until you are next to board the bus to unload and fold up your stroller. If you can see that you are making that bus, do it while there are a few people ahead of you.

Daddy Mouse
08-23-2008, 06:55 PM
:mickey:Another couple of goodies to pack - Desitin and Baby Wipes !!! Sweating and chafing can make you miserable, a light coating of Desitin at night before bed and good to go the next morning! Baby wipes are great for just wiping off your skin before a meal to freshen up, or standing in longer lines for keeping cool, when DS & DD were younger they liked to carry their own !!

Goofy4TheWorld
08-23-2008, 09:55 PM
552. If you are driving to WDW, do not use I-4. Exit off the Florida Turnpike onto SR-429. It is relatively new, and is a MUCH better way to go.

pixiesmimi
08-24-2008, 12:17 PM
552. If you are driving to WDW, do not use I-4. Exit off the Florida Turnpike onto SR-429. It is relatively new, and is a MUCH better way to go.

That is a great tip. We discovered this road the last time we went and there was no traffic on it and it takes you right to the resorts.

553. I take a special :mickey: case with me with every medicine, etc. that we might possibly need in travel sizes because you never know what you are going to need.

554. We take Airborne every morning and night just to keep our immunity up so we don't catch anything. We used to always go home sick with a cold or something. Worked the last time!

555. Buy a cheap plastic shoe bag that you hang over the bathroom door and put all your toiletries in all the pockets so they don't have to be all over the vanity. It is clear plastic and you can see what is where.

556. Get removable cardstock pages for your autograph book (small scrapbook) that you can carry in a ziplock with your retractable sharpies. It is easy to pull one out and a sharpie for autographs and you don't have to try to hold a book open for the character. We use a different color sharpie for each character. Then we put a picture of that character either on the same page or the back of the page with his/her autograph when putting in your book. I bought cardstock and cut it to fit my book instead of buying the expensive packages of scrapbook pages. The book has slide in plastic pages for the cardstock. The bags keep everything neat and clean and easy to pull out.

Disneyfun
08-24-2008, 01:05 PM
557. While pictures of the sights are great, focus your shutterbug needs on taking pictures with family and friends in the foreground if you like the scenery. The pictures will be more meaningful for you that way when you go back to look at them!

558. Don't try to videotape EVERYTHING! To many times have I overheard a parent asking what happened as they were videotaping something. Some memories are best fully enjoyed and remembered in one's mind and conversations with family.

ffugitive
08-28-2008, 02:17 PM
559. If you don't ride MS because it made you ill that first time, and you have not yet tried the GREEN (non-spinning) version, do so! I discovered a whole new attraction last year as a result (after swearing against it shortly after opening).

hlkeck
08-28-2008, 02:19 PM
560. Review this list!

:mickey::mickey::mickey::mickey::mickey:

Mousemates
08-28-2008, 02:40 PM
562. Check intercot before leaving to see if there have been any recent policy changes or anything new you ought to be aware of. (I.e. like the change in EMH ride entrance, my DW is going to be there on the first day of the change and was glad to know ahead of time that she would need her resort card with her).

wire0monkey
08-28-2008, 02:44 PM
Save one of your water park admissions for the very last day. You can play at Blizzard Beach, then take a shower and get dressed before you catch your plane. You'll be clean and refreshed for the flight home.

ffugitive
08-28-2008, 02:44 PM
563. If you are flying down, regardless of the hour, order a drink on the airplane and do a toast to a phenomenal vacation.

Mackflava99
08-28-2008, 03:01 PM
564. Go on the tour with Stan at the WL
565. Visit Fort Wilderness and do the Hoop Dee Doo
566. Go to California Grill and check out the view from the roof
567. Go on a fishing trip within the kingdom with a guide.
568. Go see "Off Kilter" play at least once.

DisneyFreak23
08-28-2008, 04:01 PM
565. If you are the only one in line, Talk to the CM's working at the giftshops! I had a nice conversation with a Cm (Aaron??) in the Potc Giftshop.:mickey: I think that was one of my highlights of my trip

ronandjulie
08-28-2008, 06:54 PM
566. Rent a pontoon boat at DTD and bring lunch from Earl of Sandwich along with you. It's a lot of fun going up and down the river waving at all of the other boaters.

Disneyfun
08-30-2008, 12:49 AM
Number correction here:

571. When visiting Typhoon Lagoon, make sure to visit the coral reef at the back of the park. I lived in Kissimmee for 5 years and waited until the week before we moved to go to the park and was very sorry to have done so - it is phenomenal!!!!

Disneyfun
08-31-2008, 01:32 PM
572. Take an afternoon to walk the nature trail between WL and FW. This would not be something I would do in the summer - late fall and winter would be better. The scenery is great and if you have kids, the petting zoo and the MK stables are at the end of the trail.

573. Take one of the Hidden Mickey books with you. They really add to the adventure of the trip and young kids love them! (Our best friends' daughter now finds hidden mickey's in her cherrios!)

MickeysEars
08-31-2008, 03:38 PM
574. Go to the Rainforrest Cafe as you are leaving AK, you miss the Bus rush and have a geat dinner in the meantime

575. REST. a grumpy family at WDW not only ruins the day for you, but possibly for the people around you as well

stitch34
08-31-2008, 08:10 PM
576. Ride EE in the front row. The view is amazing.

577. Listen to story time with Belle at MK.

578. Sit in the rocking chairs around the fire at AKL.

579. Make sure to ride Toy Story Mania. Get a fastpass early.

580. Visit the bakery in France.

581. Enjoy watching your little ones play in the streets while waiting for parades. They can hool-a-hoop, pony races, etc. on Main Street USA.

stitch34
08-31-2008, 08:13 PM
582. If getting a potato head or My Little Pony ask the CM's for help. They know the tricks of fitting the accessories possible into those boxes. When we got my nieces My Little Pony set on our lst trip, they were able to fit every outfit, accessory and 3 ponies into one box.

Disneyfun
08-31-2008, 09:20 PM
583. Many of the retail locations offer trivia contests (atleast they were on our last trip in Feb 2008). They are open for all ages and some are quite difficult. The prize is usually some little trinket and a certificate that you can put in a scrapbook.

584. When staying at the value resorts, make sure to ask for an upper level floor if you are a light sleeper. Some of the pargo's (the luggage carts) roll right past the windows in the wee hours of the morning and make quite the noise.

585. Never, ever, under any circumstances, leave any medication or equally important items in your luggage that DME picks up. They are pretty good, but Murphy is better...:thedolls:

dumbo ears
08-31-2008, 09:22 PM
586. eat at columbia harbor house on the second floor and get a window view.

587. ride jungle cruise and big thunger mountain at night.

588. buy your gum outside of wdw because you cant get it anywhere in wdw

589. thank every CM you can

590. try and stay tell thay basically tell you to leave a park

Here we go again...
09-01-2008, 01:55 AM
591. Call Bret as soon as you arrive so he will know that you are there and he is not.

592. Watch the street shows at the boardwalk. They are so cheesy and fun that we could not drag the kids away.

593. Take the walk from Epcot to MGM and just enjoy the view.

594. eat breakfast at Trails End. Best value in the World and great food.

595. Basin Bath Bombs... ahhhh... no better way to end the evening.

596. Go on a DVC tour while you are there.

597. Buy into DVC... you will never regret it

598. A weeks stay at Disney World is the best thing you can give as a wedding gift. :cloud9:
Congratulations dear brother!

badkitty
09-01-2008, 02:30 AM
599. Try to travel in the fall and attend MNSSHP at least once. It is a lot of fun! :ghost:

600. Take a squirt bottle with a fan attached during high heat and humidity. It really helps cool you down. :fan:

DisneyWFan
09-02-2008, 10:07 AM
601: Eat at Crystal Palace for br and eat there puffy french toast

:D

wilshade
09-02-2008, 11:43 AM
602. take the Backstage Magic Tour! You'll get to see Central Shops where a lot of the magic is created!

bluefairy
09-02-2008, 04:15 PM
603. Starting 6 months before your trip, have a post card sent from a favorite character to build the magic. We order ours from www.giftsofalifetime.com and send one every month as a count down. They make great additions to scrapbooks too!:thumbsup:

604. Aerosol sunscreen is much quicker and easier to use with a toddler than the lotion.

605. Spray deoderant works well if sprayed on your feet before you put on your socks for preventing blisters.

606. Even if It's a Small World is annoying, ride it anyway, especially if you have kids- it's an iconic part of Disney culture!

607. Pick something- keychains, hats, snowglobes, post cards, etc- and start a collection. Add to it each time you go. It's a good excuse to keep going back.

608. Let the little ones take pictures if they want to. Teach them to take pictures, and it's a good way to see what is truly magical for them.

609. Ride the Carousel with your child. Don't just stand next to them.

610. When you first step into the magic kingdom, take a minute to take it all in- the sounds, the smells, the sights, the feelings- and leave your grown up world behind. Let WDW be neverland. That first step under the WDW railroad and into Mainstreet is my happy place. :cloud9:

Disneyfun
09-05-2008, 01:07 AM
611. Be part of the magic - do something nice for someone! Take a picture for them, offer someone to go ahead of you in line, help a struggling parent (as is socially acceptable). Who knows, you could make someone's trip go from bad to great with just a few moments of your time and minimal effort.
:thumbsup:

Mickey 101
09-05-2008, 01:39 AM
612. A glass of wine from WS is the perfect accompaniment to Illuminations. ;)

613. Bring an extra pair of shoes to change into midway through the day. It's well worth the locker fee........it absolutely saves your feet!

614. Nachos at Cantina in Mexico.

hardingella
09-05-2008, 12:09 PM
615. Kids chocolate jigsaw dessert at Artist point at WL will keep them amused for ages.

616.A glass of pink campagne bought from France is delicious.Then sit by the lake and relax.

617. Dine at Brown Derby and get VIP Fantasmic passes.

618. Even if your kids have out grown strollers buy one anyway (about $40) my DD9 and DS7 used one each , it makes life so much easier.

Roo Girl
09-05-2008, 04:06 PM
619. Spend New Year's Eve in WDW. We did 2 years ago at Epcot- get there within minutes of the opening and plan to stay ALL day because if you leave, you won't get back in- parks hit capacity early & Epcot has one of the highest capacities. I heard rumors that day (12/31/06) that we'd hit 110,000! It was an amazingly long wonderful experience. And you wouldn't believe how efficiently we got out of the park to our cars/monorails/buses. Only WDW can make getting 110,000 people out of a park a breeze...And the NYE version of Illuminations was just breath taking and tear inducing (when isn't it??) :mickey:

Disneyfun
09-06-2008, 06:11 PM
620. Avoid going during Mardi Gras. All of the families in New Orleans seeking a more family friendly environment come to WDW and the park becomes uncharacteristcally packed as a result. Imagine a toned down, smaller version of spring break!

poohbearkris
09-06-2008, 10:28 PM
621. Go on rides during the parade. The lines become non-existent on many of them.

622. Always talk to your bus drivers. They ususally have a ton of Disney trivia to share. It is truly amazing how self-sustaing Disney World really is.

623. Watch your children's faces as they look at things in awe. There is nothing better then to view WDW through the eyes of a child.

Mandy Mouse
09-06-2008, 11:02 PM
624. Buy a disney pin to represent each vacation or of a fun memory you have while there, Especially if you go a lot it allows you to remember special things about each trip so it doesn't all blur together. (example: a toy story mania pin for the vacation you took when it first opened or the first time you rode it.)

Sylvia
09-07-2008, 09:57 AM
625. Even if you plan every detail of every day at WDW, remember that nothing is etched in stone- with the possible exception of those ADRs for Le Cellier :D . If you happen across one of the many live shows, or street performers, stop and enjoy yourself. You'll have more fun than those guests who are continously running from one attraction to another and totally missing much of the magic.

626. Take some time to explore all of the nooks and cranies at your resort. For example, if you're staying at CBR, take an early morning walk along the promenade around the lake and around Parrot Cay. It's quiet and peaceful and the perfect way to start the day.

627. For a quick lunch or snack on a hot (or not so hot) day at MK, have a Dole whip and a pineapple spear.

628. When you pass a Character meet-and-greet line, stop and watch for a while. The faces of small children (and quite a few adult "kids") as they meet their favorite characters are priceless. Even Scrooge himself will smile. I remember a few years ago, we were at the Studios and Eeyore was sitting against the wall by himself. A little girl saw him and went over to give him a big hug. When she told Eeyore not to be sad because she loved him, we melted. It was one of those magic moments that make a trip special.

629. Even if you're a "big kid" travelling alone, visit Mickey in Toontown Fair. The CM will be more than happy to take your photo. And, if you're a Princess fan, you may also be able to meet your favorite. Cinderella is mine, and I was lucky enough to get some great photos with Cinderella and with Suzy and Perla. :cloud9:

630. Do what I do. As I cross the Florida state line, I put myself in "2-yr-old" mode. I'm going to WDW to get away from the real world for a while, and the best way to do that is to be a kid. I'll be an adult when necessary, but when I'm in WDW, I can be whatever age I want to be. :mickey:

631. Have lunch or dinner at the 50s Prime Time and interact with your servers (Mom, Aunt Mary, Cousin Bill, etc.). The more you interact with them and with the other guests, the more you will enjoy your meal.

632. Plan for lunch or dinner at the Electric Umbrella in EPCOT. Eat at an outside table and enjoy the fountain show.

633. Visit Toontown Fair even if you are travelling without children. This is a great place to let your inner child out to play.

634. Ride the TTA at night. The views of the MK are amazing. Listen to the announcements; they are really funny.

635. Take advantage of morning EMH at the MK. If Dumbo is on your list of musts, head there first for the shortest line of the day.

636. If the MK is offering the Little Ones Magic Morning (may not be the correct name) designed specifically for toddlers, even if you're not travelling with children, take advantage. When I was there, many Fantasyland attractions were open and many of the characters were interacting with the kids. Captain Hook, Wendy and Peter Pan were playing "Red Light Green Light; Minnie was playing "Ring Around the Rosey"; Mickey and Donald were playing catch; Goofy was being, well, Goofy as only he can be. If this doesn't put you in child mode, nothing will.

637. When you pass a Character meet-and-greet, even if you're not travelling with children, get in line for a photo or an autograph, or just to say hello. I can guarantee you won't feel embarrassed - look around - there will be many adults doing the same thing. Remember, we may be adults, but in WDW we are all just big kids.:mickey:

638. Smile and say hello to your fellow guests and to the CMs. You'll be surprised at how many will smile back and start a conversation.

639. Downtown Disney is always crowded at night, especially after the theme parks close. Visit earlier in the day, when the shops (especially the World of Disney) aren't as crowded. Visit the Earl of Sandwich for some good, inexpensive food; eat at an outside table and people watch.

640. Watch the performers in Harambe in AK. The acrobats are amazing and the drummers encourage audience participation.

641. If you love Big Band Music, find a bench along Sunset Blvd (Studios) directly across from one of the speakers (look up - you'll see them in the wall) and listen. This is a great way to relax for a while before going on to the next stop.

642. Allow at least 2-3 days for EPCOT. Interact with the international CMs in World Showcase. Enjoy the many live performances.

643. Wherever you are in the world, take some time to appreciate the architecture and the attention to details. AMAZING!!!!

644. Don't request a wake-up call for at least one morning. Remember to put the "Privacy Please" sign on your door (Mousekeeping really does pay attention and won't knock on your door.). Sleep late and rejuvenate yourself. You'll be glad you did.

newcarsmell
09-07-2008, 12:58 PM
645. Admire the incredible mosaics inside Cinerella Castle.

dmallan
09-07-2008, 07:24 PM
646) See the Flights of Wonder show in AK. Not just for the birds! It's really very funny.

647) Stay in the park if it starts to rain. Head to the nearest indoor attraction and by the time you're back outside chances are it will have stopped raining. (And the crowds will be down because many others decided to leave)

648) Snack around the world at Epcot. And be sure to stop in the pastry shop in France! Yum!

649) Take a break from your day at DHS and ride the boat to BC. Get lunch or just an ice cream treat at Beaches and Cream.

650) Zebra domes at Boma are to die for. Actually, all their desserts are delicious so make sure to save room - or eat dessert first!

651) For a relaxing evening, sip Kir Royals at Mizner's Lounge at GF. There is a great jazz band that plays right outside the lounge so they can be heard in the lobby and in the lounge. Nice!

652) When you get back to you room, view all the pictures you've taken that day on the TV. It's a great way to remember the fun of the day.

653) Also at the end of every day spend some time answering the following questions:
The weather today was...
The best thing today was...
The worst thing today was...
The funniest thing today was...
Today we tried...
And the result was...
The most magical moment today was...

These are from one of the guidebooks I have, which I shall not mention in case that's against the rules. We write down the answers everyone agrees on and keep it in our scrapbook. Lots of fun to look back on in the years to come.

Keep the great ideas coming! We've got a long way to go!

Disneyfun
09-12-2008, 10:26 PM
654. When scoping out a place to watch Illuminations: Reflections of Earth from the World Showcase, make sure to note the direction the flag on the top of the American Pavillion is blowing. This will tell you the most likely direction the smoke will be blowing for the show - pick a spot on the opposite side of the lake!

jedigrrrl
09-21-2008, 06:01 PM
27. Go off the beaten path when possible. You may discover something you never knew was there before. Ex.:Most people don't realize or know about the path between Mickey's Toontown Fair and Tomorrowland and generally is not populated with heavy foot traffic

SSSHHHHHH!!!:secret::secret:

Auroring Good Time
09-21-2008, 08:22 PM
655. Take advantage of the parks on a rainy day. There are usually less people. Put on your sandles and your Mickey poncho and splash in the puddles with your kids. Some of my best memories with my family were on rainy days.

sneezyone
09-23-2008, 02:11 PM
656. Review your digital photos and video at the end of the day so that if something didn't come out right, blurred etc, you can take another one the next day.

657. wear a "Photographers" or "fishermen's " vest. they have a ton of pockets and don't need to be searched like a back pack. My vest holds about the same as a small back pack and the weight is distributed over your entire shoulders not just at a strap. Another plus is that everything is strapped to your body so you don't need to worry about a back back falling out of the netting or slipping away on a ride.

ONLY 2 more days till I leave! Woo hoo hoo hoo!

TheWizofDiz
09-24-2008, 10:42 AM
658. Go up the stairs of Pinocchio's Village Haus and have lunch on the balcony in the MK...
:thumbsup:

KT1234
09-24-2008, 03:45 PM
659. Get Breakfast at "Starring Rolls" at Hollywood Studios! Their pasteries are amazing! Get a few and split them (they're big). We usually will skip breakfast at the hotel to have it at the park. It's great to sit outside and people watch as they begin the day.
660. One of my family's favorite traditions is, as soon as we arrive, we hop on the monorail from our favorite hotel (the Polynesian! Once we get in and that "disney smell" fills our noses, we know we're in Disney!) and feel the Disney Magic. It's a great way to ease into our day and visit all our favorite spots that we missed between trips.

thomasclan85
09-25-2008, 03:22 PM
Bring home Mickey Ears with your boss's name embroidered on them. Couldn't hurt and just might get a chuckle. :mickey:

I'm going to do this for my granny who resides in a nursing home. I'm sure she'd love them. What a great idea! :thumbsup:

Tink<3Mickey<3Cinderella
09-30-2008, 12:23 PM
661. If you stay at AKL go to the Savannah over look at night (I believe around 8) and they have a cast member there with Night Vision goggles there everynight and it is amazing to watch the animals through those. One night they even fed them as soon as we got there not more than 20 feet in front of us. :paw::paw::paw:

662. Adults get the EPCOT passport when you are in the counties and get it stamped in every country just like the kids do. They write really fun messages to adult and it is really cool to look back at all the messages in other languages. My husband and I also drink around the countries so we write what we ate and drank in each county and that is fun to look back and see. (I even just went and bought all the beers we drank in the countries on our honeymoon for an anniversary gift). :beer::beer::beer:

By the way I LOVE this thread! :thumbsup: