PDA

View Full Version : Busses from moderates

dumbo ears
06-21-2008, 11:13 AM
How does the bus system work at each of the moderates? Do some have their own or all do? Are they fast? thanks for any info

TheRustyScupper
06-21-2008, 11:21 AM
1) All resorts have buses.
2) Some resorts share buses with other resorts.
3) Some Mods share during non-rush-hours, and solo during rush-hours.*
4) Just depends upon which resort you use.
5) The buses are pretty fast, but the drivers are not.

* POR and POFQ share buses during non-rush-hours, but have their own buses during the morning rush and in some cases the evening rush.

chicade88
06-21-2008, 11:29 AM
At the mods, there are multiple stops throughout the resort so you don't have to hike to commn place as you do at the values. I know that the Port Orleans resorts share sometimes and at Coronado Springs, we sometimes would share with either Blizzard Beach or Animal Kingdom when coming back from the parks. I don't think any of the others share otherwise though. And I agree that the busses themselves are great but it's just getting going that is sometimes frustrating. It took 40 minutes for one of our busses to get in motion!!

kakn7294
06-21-2008, 11:34 AM
All moderates have buses. Generally, they do not share with other resorts except in the case of POR and POFQ which usually did share in our experience - this was on trips in Dec and Aug. At MK, all mods have their own stops but at all other parks, POR and POFQ have shared stops. In most cases, buses come every 10 - 30 min, depending on the time of day with more buses on the road in the morning and at park closing. Transportation times to the various parks is usually 15 to 30 min (but can be much longer), depending on resort location, which park, any additional stops like the water parks, which route your driver takes, and the driver him or herself as some drive like they're Nascar drivers and some drive like they forgot which one is the gas pedal.