PDA

View Full Version : Which is the best moderate resort?

dumbo ears
06-20-2008, 10:41 PM
Im goin to WDW december 23-26 with about a group of 11 or 9 people. we were thinkin of gettin maybe 2 rooms with 3 people each in each room. we want to stay onsite to have extra magic hours and free parking and good transportation. we arent for sure but we are just wondering which is the best resort so any help is appreciated.

mom2morgan
06-20-2008, 11:02 PM
My favourite moderate is Port Orleans Riverside - but I've never actually stayed at any of the others - just seen them from the outside, so to speak.

dephenn
06-21-2008, 07:06 AM
I've only stayed at two moderate resort and liked them both, Port Orleans River Side and Caribbean Beach Resort. It's funny though looking back I did have to change rooms each time. First time at CB they gave use a room with double beds instead of a king size, we were on our honeymoon. The second stay we checked in at POR and while walking in the room barefoot I stepped in a piece of glass and cut my foot. We did not brake anything and by this time we had kids and I did not want to chance the same would happen to them, so I insisted on a room change. I was surprised that POR gave me a hard time about changing rooms. But both resorts were very nice. I would take the management at CR over POR now that I Look back.

CanadianWDWFan
06-21-2008, 08:47 AM
We have stayed at all the moderates and our favourite is POFQ. We prefer it due to the small size of the place. Plus we do enjoy the theming of it as well. The food court has a wide selection for one of its size. Oh and one word, beignets!:tasty:

Also you get to use POR facilities as well, which is an nice added benifit. The boat ride to DTD is a nice change from the buses.

But really it all comes down to what you guys like and want. You can't go wrong at any of the moderates IMHO.

Disney Lynn
06-21-2008, 09:05 AM
Are you planning on going to WDW this December? You may find that your choices are limited at this time- especially for 11 people! (Or are only 6 of you staying on-site?)

All the moderates are fine, and after staying at each (some several times), I would recommend all of them. Without more info, we can't really recommend any particular resort. Will there be young kids, do you need to swim each day, will you have a car or use WDW's bus, will you eat at the resort or in the parks, etc?????

For instance, if your group will want to swim each day, the Coronado Springs has a great pool, as does the Caribbean Beach. POFQ pool has always been very cold on all of our visits (which would certainly be a factor in December LOL).

Another example: I found the food courts at POFQ and Caribbean Beach to be very basic and limited in menu, etc. Coronado Springs has a much nicer food court. But if you only eat breakfast there, this wouldn't matter.

#1donaldfan
06-21-2008, 10:18 AM
POR Riverside....they should win an award for how great they are.....from atmosphere, busses, food, mousekeeping....they have it all and do it very well.....!!!!!:mickey:

tinkerbellybutton
06-21-2008, 03:04 PM
We like POR best. CBR is nice but I have mobility issues and anywhere that you have to ride a bus to get to the food court is a no-no for us.

elmjimmlm
06-21-2008, 06:56 PM
POR is the best IMO...:mickey:

buzz2001
06-25-2008, 08:56 AM
CSR!! Great pool, transportation and food choices!! :thumbsup:

lilolvr
06-26-2008, 08:01 AM
I love CSR for the atmosphere, great CM's and the deluxe-lite feel. CSR offers a spa, salon, full menu room service and fitness center not to mention a terrific main pool area and the best transportation that is not shared with any other resort.

badllamamama
06-26-2008, 01:23 PM
I love CSR for the atmosphere, great CM's and the deluxe-lite feel. CSR offers a spa, salon, full menu room service and fitness center not to mention a terrific main pool area and the best transportation that is not shared with any other resort.Ditto! CSR rocks!!

nikki'smom
06-26-2008, 04:22 PM
Another vote for CSR!!

chicade88
06-26-2008, 06:13 PM
CSR all the way! We loooved that place!

GOLFDISNEY72
06-27-2008, 01:47 PM
We stayed at POR last Nov and loved it. We have 5 in the family so we are limited as to where we can stay. Just found out last night my brother is going with us so now we have more options because we have to get 2 rooms. Now I am up in the air if we should stay at Riverside or try a different Moderate.

jordy2028
06-27-2008, 01:58 PM
We stayed at the POFQ with a family of four 9 years ago. It's a small resort with a great pool. We just got back from visiting POR, family of 5 now and while it's a beautiful resort (the lavish grounds), it's such a large resort that alot of walking is involved unless of course your request for a room nearby the pool, lobby, and restaurants is granted. This is Disney and you can't go wrong with your choice! Have a great time!!!

grumpypima
06-30-2008, 06:55 PM
:number1:Another vote for CSR!

Queen Stephanie
06-30-2008, 07:06 PM
I have 2 choices for you. 1) Port Orleans River Side, if you are looking for a fancy/casual decor with Old South Plantation theme, cherry furniture, etc. 2) and Caribbean Beach Resort, if you are looking for tropical theme with great pool!

Kairi_7378
06-30-2008, 10:05 PM
you can't go wrong with any of them.
Pick the one where the theme appeals to you most.

Crow
06-30-2008, 10:45 PM
CSR & POFQ are tied for me

AllDisney
07-04-2008, 03:24 PM
I can't make up my mind between CBR or CSR. Liked the atmosphere at both resorts. The Pepper Market was very pleasant surprised at CSR. The pools are wonderful at both resorts.

You can't go wrong with either of these 2 resorts.

wendy*darling
07-04-2008, 03:36 PM
Im goin to WDW december 23-26 with about a group of 11 or 9 people.
If you are planning this for December 2008, you should call today and see what might be available. That will narrow your choices.

Christmas is a very busy time at WDW- the resorts are approaching their limits, and reservations for Table Service restaurants will be very hard to get at this time (at least for the most popular ones, anyway).

we were thinkin of gettin maybe 2 rooms with 3 people each in each room
Also with 11 people you will need at least 3 rooms. (maybe 2 rooms with 3 people in each only accounts for 6 of you)

Whatever you decide- do it today! :mickey:

Minnie Imagineer
07-05-2008, 11:20 AM
I like Caribbean Beach. It has so many pools to choose from and a great food court!