PDA

View Full Version : Weird Snacks?

Boojum
06-20-2008, 07:59 PM
Okay, Brad's thread about comfort foods got me thinking...what's your favorite WEIRD snack?

Mine is Frito's Corn Chips dipped in french onion dip. I also like to put my bottle of Mt. Dew in the freezer until it's slushy.

DH likes apple pie with CHEESE. I'm told that this isn't unusual in some parts of the world, but I shudder when he does this.

Anyone else?

DisneyAddict62
06-20-2008, 10:58 PM
Ooooh! Warm apple pie and a slice of sharp cheddar! One of my favorites! Also good when you pour milk over the warm pie! Got this from my Dad, we're from Pennsylvania!

KineGirl
06-20-2008, 11:08 PM
sliced apples splashed with vinegar - preferrably apple cider vinegar

I also looooove anchovies straight out of the can which my DH always finds unsettling
me :cloud9: him :sick:

tinkerbellybutton
06-21-2008, 09:47 AM
I used to love peanut butter and bacon sandwiches for a snack, strange I know. DS likes to have a piece of toast with peanut butter sprinkled with cinnamon and sugar :ack:

jrkcr
06-21-2008, 10:29 AM
Doritos dipped in p-nut butter. OR a p-nut butter, nutella sandwich on white bread, with doritos squashed in the middle. I ate this sandwich for lunch everyday my senior year in high school.

Saltine cracker spread with p-nut butter-add marshmallow and bake till puffy and crispy.
:tasty:

tinkerbellybutton
06-21-2008, 11:50 AM
Doritos dipped in p-nut butter. OR a p-nut butter, nutella sandwich on white bread, with doritos squashed in the middle. I ate this sandwich for lunch everyday my senior year in high school.

Saltine cracker spread with p-nut butter-add marshmallow and bake till puffy and crispy.
:tasty:

GET OUT! I put doritos in the middle of peanut butter sandwiches, my kids think I'm gross. As a joke when I had surgery my cousin brought in bread, peanut butter and doritos ;)

Ian
06-21-2008, 03:40 PM
DH likes apple pie with CHEESE. I'm told that this isn't unusual in some parts of the world, but I shudder when he does this.Apples and cheese are awesome. You don't know what you're missing.

We go to a fondue place sometimes and one of the things they give you to dip in the melted cheese is apples ... Yummy!

I love Cool Ranch Doritos dipped in jalepeno cheese.

And, of course, my Elio's pizza slices slathered with yellow mustard!

tinkerbellybutton
06-21-2008, 03:45 PM
And, of course, my Elio's pizza slices slathered with yellow mustard!

You win ;)

alphamommy
06-21-2008, 05:24 PM
Growing up, two of my favorite snacks were:
saltine crackers with ketchup
"potted meat" and potato chips.

I don't know what sort of meat goes in a can of "potted meat", and I refuse to read the label. For a long time, this was the only way I would eat plain potato chips. My parents and sister liked this, too.

I haven't had either of these things in years.

When we went on long car trips, my parents used to eat peppermint candies and saltines, or pickled bologna and saltines.

elmjimmlm
06-21-2008, 06:42 PM
I know this will sound weird but when I have a slice of cheese I will dip it in a glass of Pepsi...Doesn't everyone?:secret:

PlutoToo
06-21-2008, 09:47 PM
Cream cheese thinned with a little milk, mixed with chopped walnuts and spread on saltines. YUM! :thumbsup:

princessjojo
06-21-2008, 10:15 PM
I don't know how strange it is really, but when the mood hits me, I'll sit with a bowl of bananna peppers and eat until my stomach aches.

I do know of a lot of others around here lately who eat french fries with ketchup & mayo. Why mayo, I can't figure. It looks gross, but they all love it.:ack:

disneydeb
06-21-2008, 10:35 PM
peanut butter and marshmellow fluff sandwiches - not me , but my older daughter's thing!:confused:

ncscgirl2005
06-22-2008, 12:49 AM
I love Cool Ranch Doritos dipped in jalepeno cheese.

I love this too Ian! I was just about to post that. DH and I can eat the whole bag that way! Yummy!

ncscgirl2005
06-22-2008, 12:51 AM
"potted meat" and potato chips.

I don't know what sort of meat goes in a can of "potted meat", and I refuse to read the label.

:ack: My grandfather loved this stuff.

RenDuran
06-22-2008, 09:38 AM
My husband and daughter love King syrup mixed with peanut butter...eaten with a butter knife!

RalsFam
06-22-2008, 09:40 AM
I do know of a lot of others around here lately who eat french fries with ketchup & mayo. Why mayo, I can't figure. It looks gross, but they all love it
I love ketchup and mayo! I also like it as a sauce on a grilled chicken sandwich. MMMMMMMMM.

tinkwest
06-22-2008, 12:42 PM
Peanuts floating in Coke. :tasty:

Bethis26fan
06-22-2008, 01:04 PM
Okay, Brad's thread about comfort foods got me thinking...what's your favorite WEIRD snack?

Mine is Frito's Corn Chips dipped in french onion dip. I also like to put my bottle of Mt. Dew in the freezer until it's slushy.

DH likes apple pie with CHEESE. I'm told that this isn't unusual in some parts of the world, but I shudder when he does this.

Anyone else?

I like BBQ Frito's in Deans's French onion dip.

Marilyn Michetti
06-22-2008, 01:28 PM
Instant mashed potatoes, really thick, covered with chicken noodle soup.:secret: Haven't seen it on Weight Watchers, but if I count the points, it's nobody's business.:D

KineGirl
06-22-2008, 01:59 PM
I don't know how strange it is really, but when the mood hits me, I'll sit with a bowl of bananna peppers and eat until my stomach aches.

I do know of a lot of others around here lately who eat french fries with ketchup & mayo. Why mayo, I can't figure. It looks gross, but they all love it.:ack:

I dont even bother with the ketchup - I use Texas Pete instead with mayo

Ian
06-22-2008, 04:23 PM
I love ketchup and mayo! I also like it as a sauce on a grilled chicken sandwich. MMMMMMMMM.Me too! That's really good.

Sometimes to spice it up I'll throw in a little Tabasco sauce, too. Kick it up a notch!

garymacd
06-22-2008, 04:29 PM
DH likes apple pie with CHEESE.

As my old dad used to say, "Apple pie without the cheese is like a kiss without the squeeze."

Not sure what he meant. He used to say a lot of strange stuff, like, "Keep your fork, maybe there's pie."

Boojum
06-22-2008, 04:49 PM
As my old dad used to say, "Apple pie without the cheese is like a kiss without the squeeze." :rotfl::rotfl:

That is adorable! Never heard that one!

This cheese on apple pie "thang" most be more "northern." I'm in Alabama--the only thing I want to see on my apple pie is a big scoop of vanilla ice cream!

Don't know where DH picked up this habit....could it be that he's part YANKEE??? :eek:

Kairi_7378
06-22-2008, 06:15 PM
Macaroni and cheese mixed with salsa.... or as we call it in our household, "Salsa Mac N Cheese!" (Or SMC for short.)

princessjojo
06-22-2008, 07:09 PM
Macaroni and cheese mixed with salsa.... or as we call it in our household, "Salsa Mac N Cheese!" (Or SMC for short.)
Now that sounds good!!!

AlliMo
06-22-2008, 10:26 PM
these are all weird in my opinion but so delicious...

any pizza dipped in ranch dressing
macaroni with ketchup and butter (mixed together)
rice-a-roni drenched in lemon juice

katzctkpt
06-22-2008, 11:31 PM
Mac & Cheese with a green onion or salad shrimp really hot cocktail sauce with cheese nip crackers and colby cheese.

garymacd
06-23-2008, 11:47 AM
:rotfl::rotfl:

This cheese on apple pie "thang" most be more "northern." I'm in Alabama--the only thing I want to see on my apple pie is a big scoop of vanilla ice cream!

Don't know where DH picked up this habit....could it be that he's part YANKEE??? :eek:

I don't know about your DH, but my old dad was a full-blood Canuck, definitely not a Yank. Just think: if he were British, he would be having custard on his pie!!!

Yum.:cloud9:

Boojum
06-23-2008, 12:55 PM
I don't know about your DH, but my old dad was a full-blood Canuck, definitely not a Yank. Just think: if he were British, he would be having custard on his pie!!!

Hehehe...point taken! :eat:

DisneyDog
06-23-2008, 02:29 PM
A slice of deli ham or turkey with cream cheese spread on it and put a dill pickle in the middle then roll it up. It looks gross the first time you see it, but it's really yummy.

My grandfather ate the strangest thing of all...chicken fat (schmaltz) spread on crackers or a slice of pumpernickle bread. Ugh! (Would you believe he lived to be 93 years old?)

jennbunn
06-25-2008, 11:35 PM
grilled cheese sandwich with grape jelly on top. my ds and i love them and my dh wants to :sick:when we have them for lunch

Jeff G
06-26-2008, 12:11 AM
One of my grandmas favorite snacks was pickled pork hocks which over time grew on me. I haven't had them since I was a teen and now they sound gross.

As mentioned before by others I like ketchup and mayo on chicken sandwiches and hamburgers. Another favorite from my grade school days is that I make a bologna sandwich on white bread and then put Frito's in the middle and smash them, it makes for a great lunch:thumbsup:.

Jen C.
06-26-2008, 09:59 AM
I like to eat lemon slices with sea salt.

I also like to dip pepperoni slices in tomato paste right out of the can.:blush:

amd780
06-26-2008, 10:05 PM
I love raw carrots dipped in applesauce :tasty:

crazypoohbear
06-29-2008, 10:14 AM
:rotfl::rotfl:

My parents would sometimes put VERMONT CHEDDAR CHEESE on their apple pie.
THey were both Born and Raisesd in MA

dolphinmickey9170
06-29-2008, 04:42 PM
Mine is Frito's Corn Chips dipped in french onion dip.

Anyone else?

The apple and cheese combo comes from Northern New England. This has been something my family has done for years. Me, personally, I hate most cheeses, so this isn't my cup of tea.

I love Frito's and French Onion Dip too! YUMMY!!! I also love fluffernutter sammies!!

My DH eats Mixed Berry pie covered with milk. Or Instant Garlic Mashed Potatoes with tomato soup poured over the top.

wonderalice23
07-01-2008, 12:12 AM
Hmm, maybe not too odd for any UK people, but my grandma grew up in England and told me about the wonders of Marmite on toast....now I'm addicted!

tinkerbell04
07-02-2008, 10:46 AM
Ok, so most of my weird snacks have already been mentioned...

fritos in onion dip
any kind of chip on any kind of sandwich, but regular bar-b-que chips on bologna on white bread was my childhood favorite!
pizza dipped in ranch dressing
Wendy's french fries dipped in a chocolate frosty

Minnie Imagineer
07-02-2008, 01:43 PM
peanut butter and marshmellow fluff sandwiches - not me , but my older daughter's thing!:confused:

mmmm..thats really good!
I just discovered a new sandwich I love (and I hate sandwiches!). I take 2 slices of cinnamon swirl bread (my fav!) and I put nutella on them and also cut up strawberrires. It's not that its weird but its new to me! Try it! :D
My friend at lunch dips her french fries in a combination of ranch dressing and hot sauce. :sick:
And my other friend puts whipped cream on her bagel for breakfast, I won't try that one!