PDA

View Full Version : Do Italians and/or New Yorkers like Tutto Italia?

BelleCiavo
06-20-2008, 06:59 PM
My dh is Italian, he and I both grew up in NYC and we now live outside Philly. We like good Italian food, Olive Garden not so much. How would you Italian food connoisseurs rate Tutto Italia?

Thank you :mickey:

big blue and hairy
06-21-2008, 03:46 PM
As a former New Yorker, and Italian food lover who has had Italian food in Italy, both I and DW enjoyed Tutto Italia. It is much better than the former occupant. Unfortunatley they went way downhill...probably why they're no longer ther.

:sulley:

Natazu
06-22-2008, 04:17 AM
Quite a bit better than the canned Italian food you get at Tony’s or Mama Melrose’s, Tutto brings a more authentic board of fare. The menu is quite a bit more varied than the usual Italian eatery so even the pickiest diner can find something. All the ingredients are fresh and the wine list is above average. The problem seems to be execution. There are three things that make a restaurant excel or fail: consistency, consistency, consistency. Tutto Italia isn’t maintaining consistent food quality. People shouldn’t leave a $150 dinner saying “pretty good”. People should leave with their schedules in their hand trying to figure out when they can fit in another visit.

If you want New York Italian, I suggest Il Mulino at The Swan. You'll swear you're on Mulberry St.

big blue and hairy
06-22-2008, 12:22 PM
Quite a bit better than the canned Italian food you get at Tony’s or Mama Melrose’s, Tutto brings a more authentic board of fare. The menu is quite a bit more varied than the usual Italian eatery so even the pickiest diner can find something. All the ingredients are fresh and the wine list is above average. The problem seems to be execution. There are three things that make a restaurant excel or fail: consistency, consistency, consistency. Tutto Italia isn’t maintaining consistent food quality. People shouldn’t leave a $150 dinner saying “pretty good”. People should leave with their schedules in their hand trying to figure out when they can fit in another visit.

If you want New York Italian, I suggest Il Mulino at The Swan. You'll swear you're on Mulberry St.
Wow, can a visit to a restaurant leave different impressions. We went to Il Mulino and it was average at best. The service wasn't bad but the food was very ordinary. We enjoyed our dinners at Tutto Italia much more than Il Mulino. It was very expensive for not very good.

:sulley:

KarenP
06-22-2008, 04:15 PM
I thought both the food and service at Tutto Italia were very good. It was one of my best dining experiences at Disney.

DizneyFreak2002
06-22-2008, 04:18 PM
I love me some Italian food, especially since I am Italian, but, I must admit, I hate the Italian food in Florida... I feel like you cannot get a decent Italian meal anywhere...