PDA

View Full Version : Exciting Experience @ WL

MPLSguy
06-20-2008, 12:42 PM
On Monday, June 9th I was lucky enough to have come back from EPCOT and get back to the WL in time to witness what happens at WDW when the entire property is put under a TORNEDO WARNING! By the time I get up to my room (6048 - Overlooking the service area but a great view of the MK) the storm was overhead and the WL made PA announcements for everyone to move away from the windows and take shelter. It was at that time lightning struck the WD and the thunder shook the entire building. I thought the storms in Minnesota are bad.....

WDW was spared the tornedo but it did touch down in Kissimme and celebration which was close enough. Made for an exciting experience by all who have never had to go through that. :beer:

CU Tiger
06-20-2008, 12:58 PM
What excitement!! For the size of WL, you should feel fairly secure. I wonder what warning, if any, they give to the folks in FW?

NLODisney
06-20-2008, 01:36 PM
In Sept of 2004 I was staying at the WL club level and we experienced Hurricane Jeanne while there. It was a powerful hurricane and the first one for my friend and I. The concierge kept us very up to date and we felt safe enough while there. We had to stay inside the lodge from Sat evening 7pm until Sun 5pm. I was glad we were on the club level because the food provided there saved us from some very long lines at the other eating areas of the lodge. I would rather not be at WDW for bad weather but we thought the WL was a great place to be if you had to be some where for a storm.

henry.james.s
06-20-2008, 01:44 PM
In Sept of 2004 I was staying at the WL club level and we experienced Hurricane Jeanne while there. It was a powerful hurricane and the first one for my friend and I. The concierge kept us very up to date and we felt safe enough while there. We had to stay inside the lodge from Sat evening 7pm until Sun 5pm. I was glad we were on the club level because the food provided there saved us from some very long lines at the other eating areas of the lodge. I would rather not be at WDW for bad weather but we thought the WL was a great place to be if you had to be some where for a storm.

I was at WDW at the same time and rode it out at the Contemporary without a problem. The staff there was great!!

TammiMcMan
06-20-2008, 03:45 PM
It's even more interesting being in the park when the tornado warning comes. CM's seemingly drop out of the sky and usher guests quickly to secure buildings. It's pretty amazing to see it all in action.

TheRustyScupper
06-20-2008, 04:20 PM
It's even more interesting being in the park when the tornado warning comes. CM's seemingly drop out of the sky and usher guests quickly to secure buildings. It's pretty amazing to see it all in action.

1) It is truly organized chaos.
2) But, surprisingly, very orderly.

SgtTigger
06-20-2008, 06:44 PM
On Monday, June 9th I was lucky enough to have come back from EPCOT and get back to the WL in time to witness what happens at WDW when the entire property is put under a TORNEDO WARNING! By the time I get up to my room (6048 - Overlooking the service area but a great view of the MK) the storm was overhead and the WL made PA announcements for everyone to move away from the windows and take shelter. It was at that time lightning struck the WD and the thunder shook the entire building. I thought the storms in Minnesota are bad.....

WDW was spared the tornedo but it did touch down in Kissimme and celebration which was close enough. Made for an exciting experience by all who have never had to go through that. :beer:

OK OK I was at the Villas on this day and at MK........ I never heard any announcements........ I saw a black cloud over the MK but I never heard any thunder......

DID I miss something????????
:shrug:

:cop: :tigger:

PAYROLL PRINCESS
06-20-2008, 09:27 PM
I had heard on the Weather Channel that a tornado had touched down in the Kissemee/Lake Buena Vista/Epcot area. But then when I watched the Weather Channel later that night they didn't say anything. Meanwhile I had called my friend at the Swan to make sure she was OK and she didn't get back to me until Wednesday. So for awhile I thought I imagined the whole thing! I'm glad it didn't do any damage!