PDA

View Full Version : Upstairs balcony at Pinocchio Village Haus

alliekat
06-20-2008, 10:50 AM
Hi to all,
Does anyone know if there is an upstairs balcony at Pinocchio Village Haus? When we were there in February my husband and I saw someone coming down a set of stairs, above Pinocchio Village Haus, opposite where Dumbo is. Is it just for cast members? Any info. would be great.
Thanks,
Kathleen

CaptainJessicaSparrow
06-20-2008, 10:59 AM
I've never seen anyone coming from any of the second floors (it's scaled down). But if you did, it was most likely just for CM's or Maintenance.

ayeckley
06-20-2008, 12:17 PM
It's public dining space, but it seems to only be open during peak periods. We sat there in December 2006. If I recall correctly, there's an outdoor balcony as well as the inside balcony, separated by a "dutch door", but I believe the outdoor portion is no longer used at all.

Wells
06-20-2008, 12:20 PM
I haven't been there for a few years, but the last time I was, there was an upstairs balcony. It was all indoors and overlooked the first floor of the resturant. It is narrow with tables on the outer wall side.....

CaptainJessicaSparrow
06-20-2008, 12:43 PM
Hmm, I never knew it was there. I knew Columbia Harbor House had an upstairs. I'll have to check it out next time.

Madame Leona
06-20-2008, 01:14 PM
I don't know if I should post this, because we like our quiet spot. But.....:secret:We always stop at Pinocchio Village Haus for a snack. We sit outside on the upstairs balcony. It is a great spot to relax, and people watch. There is also a good view of the castle.:thumbsup:

Von-Drake
06-20-2008, 01:38 PM
I have only eaten up there one time, lately we have been lucky enough to get a seat near the windows overlooking It's a Small World, my son enjoys waving at the people as the enter the ride.

thumperbug
06-20-2008, 07:51 PM
There is an upstairs eating area but it is very small and very limited on tables. Depending what time of day you eat there, your best bet is to grab the first table you find. Make sure you get the Figaro Fries if you do eat there. They are a meal in themselves.....yum yum

johnO
06-21-2008, 08:20 AM
interesting.....

alliekat
06-21-2008, 09:09 AM
Thank you all for the great inside information and sharing your secrets. Now we have a little Disney sleuthing to do on our trip, how exciting!

Kathleen:magic:

PirateLover
06-21-2008, 10:35 AM
This was something I was curious about as well. When we ate there on our last trip, I noticed the stairs and the fact that they were no blocked off in any fashion. However we didn't really have time to check it out, and I didn't see anyone coming or going. I'll definitely check next time!

DisneyOtaku
06-21-2008, 11:08 AM
Yes, this is one of my sister's secret spots :secret: Last summer we enjoyed standing on the outside balcony and people watch a good portion of Fantasyland as we took a break from the sun.

dumbo ears
06-21-2008, 11:40 AM
Ive never eaten there but ive heard it has a second story to eat on but there arent a lot of seats up there.

Sam&Alex&Josh'sMOM
06-21-2008, 01:58 PM
Are the stairs inside the restaurant? Or on the outside?

DawsonAR
06-21-2008, 01:59 PM
We ate up there in November of last year. It was a wonderful place to be.

A Big Kid
06-21-2008, 02:04 PM
I've never seen anyone coming from any of the second floors (it's scaled down). But if you did, it was most likely just for CM's or Maintenance.

It is a balcony that has about 3 or for tables for eating.

LudwigVonDrake
06-21-2008, 03:06 PM
I didn't even know the balcony existed!

Pastcastmemberdaughter
06-21-2008, 05:29 PM
Are the stairs inside the restaurant? Or on the outside?

DH and I had our lunch on the balcony last year and found the stairs on the inside. If I remember correctly they are right to the left of the windows over looking IASW. We loved it so much our lunch ended up lasting more than an hour. It was really interesting watching people in Fantasyland. It's amazing how much fun that was! :cloud9:

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
06-22-2008, 12:04 AM
:cool: Wow, you learn something new everyday. We will be checking that out in December!

Sam&Alex&Josh'sMOM
06-22-2008, 07:59 AM
For as many times as we have been to MK we have never seen the parades... would it be possible to watch spectro magic from up there> Or even Wishes?

FenwayGirl
06-24-2008, 03:07 PM
Not sure about watching parades up there, but we have eaten lunch on that patio. It has a nice view of Dumbo and part of Fantasy Land

Just follow the stairs up to the common dining area. Balcony to your left

italiangrl.08
06-24-2008, 03:26 PM
I'm really trying to remember, i want to say yes....because i'm pretty sure i have seen it....but still it is kinda hard to remember those things! Well either way it would be nice to eat up there!:mickey:

hope you find a better answer :mickey:

joanna71985
06-24-2008, 08:55 PM
No, you would not be able to see the parades from up there (as they don't go through Fantasyland). But if Pinocchio's is open for Wishes (and they have the upstairs open), you would be able to see Wishes from there.

Diznee4Me
06-25-2008, 12:50 PM
Neat! :thumbsup: Will have to look for this on our next trip.

Master Gracey
06-26-2008, 05:03 PM
No, you would be able to watch Wishes from PVH because Fantasyland is closed during the fireworks. I do agree though that it does have a great view, and some great people watching.:secret:

CaptainJessicaSparrow
06-26-2008, 05:27 PM
Not all of Fantasyland is closed during the fireworks. Only the area around Sir Mickey's and Tinkerbelle's treasures due to the fallout.

I because I've watched them from near the carousel.

LIGHTNING MC-DAD
06-26-2008, 10:11 PM
You learn something new every day. We have never heard of this before and are looking forward to checking this out in August.

I have heard mention of stairs, does anyone know if they have elevators to the balcony? We usually go with our favorite Aunt and Uncle and they are both in wheel chairs/scooters.

This would be a great place for a break for them.