PDA

View Full Version : Looking for . . . .

Belle_0717
06-20-2008, 08:43 AM
Hi everyone,

Just looking for some opinions on the Garden Grill at the Land. I have always wanted to eat there and DH & I made an ADR for lunch with our DNephew for October.

I didn't realize how hard it would be to make ADRs 121 days from the trip. We made our initial at the 180+10 mark which was great (we got Coral Reef!). Not to mention trying to get a table for 6 adults + infant - OMG (but we got Boma :secret: - our fave and a first for the rest of the party).

Let me know what you think of GG. Our other thought of Donald's Breakfast at AK.

Thanks!;)

KylesMom
06-20-2008, 09:13 AM
Garden Grill is a must-do for us each trip for lunch. The food is wonderful for both adults and kids & the character interaction is among the best that we've found. We've always had great service at this dining location! :mickey:

Mickey'sGirl
06-20-2008, 09:14 AM
We love the Garden Grill -- and have had only GREAT experiences. Our son's are now 10 and 4, and we have gone the last three years. The character interaction is terrific, and NEVER rushed, and we really enjoy the food.

** Note -- on our very first visit, we met KylesMom and her family who were also dining at the Garden Grill. How cool is that???

That said, our only poor Character interaction was at Donald's last April -- there have been changes (supposedly) since then, but I am not eager to go back. The character wranglers were rude, and the characters themselves were rushed and impatient with us. On another note, the food was quite good.

GrmGrninGost
06-20-2008, 09:44 AM
The Garden Grill is a lot of fun! The food is good and the characters are always wonderful! I highly recommend it! :mickey:

garymacd
06-20-2008, 10:30 AM
I can't believe you are having so much trouble getting ADR's! We booked our last trip for May in January and got whatever we wanted. Maybe it's different when there are only two of us trying to get a table.

As for GG, we ate there for the first time this past May and enjoyed it. Chip and Dale were great.

I ate catfish. I hate fish. This is one of those rare times when the fish didn't taste fishy. Actually, it didn't taste like anything. Maybe it's me.

Hayden's Dad
06-20-2008, 10:30 AM
This is a must do for us!! The food, service, and characters are awesome. :mickey:

gauvin4
06-20-2008, 10:32 AM
The character interaction is fantastic!! :thumbsup: During our visit this past Dec., Pluto got down on one knee and proposed to my DD16. Boy did her face turn red. :blush:
The food was good too! I would definitely eat here again.

ElenitaB
06-20-2008, 11:02 AM
We love the GG and it really is a must-do for every trip! Our last trip, Chip sat down with my DS and they played with Pokemon figurines together (of course, Chip wanted to abscond with them too so that Dale wouldn't find them when he came around ;)). And what's better, Mickey always has a big hug for me! So it's not only DS who gets to feel the love!

Jenn, the breakfast at AK: was that at the old location or at Tusker House?

Mickey'sGirl
06-20-2008, 11:55 AM
Jenn, the breakfast at AK: was that at the old location or at Tusker House?AT the old location. I know that things have moved ... but it was a really poor character interaction.

Piglet822
06-20-2008, 03:05 PM
I love Garden Grill. The food is good and we've always had good food, good service and wonderful character interaction :)

beksy
06-20-2008, 06:15 PM
I can't say enough good things about the Garden Grill! The food was fantastic and the server was one of the best we've ever had anywhere. The characters spent plenty of time with us, all of them but Mickey making multiple stops at our table and interacting with us more than at the other character meals. We found it very laid-back and were able to take our time and really enjoy the experience. We also enjoyed the revolving part of the restaurant. It's on our must-do list and we would highly recommend it! :thumbsup:

MickeyMousse
06-20-2008, 08:04 PM
We love Garden Grill and always try to make it there on our trips. We enjoy the entire experience-love the revolving restaurant, the characters and especially the food. It's the one place that I can honestly say all of us find something to eat. With a picky DH and 1 out of 2 DS's, it can be tricky! Also, we've never had a problem with our food or the service. It's worth doing what you have to in order to get a ressie. :thumbsup:

Tigerinvestigator
06-24-2008, 10:41 PM
Best food and character interaction at WDW!:thumbsup: We never miss Garden Grill on our trips and we look forward to it year round. As a matter of fact there is not a week that goes by that my kids don't say "I wish we could eat at Garden Grill tonight" (Disney brainwashing at its best). Seriously it should be on everyone's must experience list.:thumbsup:

danyele128
06-25-2008, 12:26 AM
We loved the garden grill. Lke everyone has said, the atmosphere is great and very relaxing. NOT RUSHED. Plenty of time to mingle with mickey! :p

Natazu
06-25-2008, 01:10 AM
Garden Grill (Table Service) ☺☺☺
Served family style, the food here is like mom’s thanksgiving dinner is she invited Farmer Mickey, Pluto, and the chipmunks. The service is good and the price is reasonable. The character interaction is above average and you don’t have to worry about missing them. I’d call it the best character meal at WDW. If only the time you spent eating counted towards the wait time for Soarin’.