PDA

View Full Version : Ever bumped into a celebrity @ WDW?

henry.james.s
06-19-2008, 09:39 PM
In your trips to the resort over the years have you ever met a celebrity? Not just someone who was making an scheduled appearance but was out and about in a park or resturant.

Those that I've met....
Mohammad Ali @ WWOS
Regis Philbin @ MGM (at the time)
Neil Patrick Harris (Doogie Houser) @ The Brown Derby
Hillary Duff @ The Contempoary
Peter Noone of Hermans Hermits @ Epcot
And the pinacle..
Julie Andrews & Michael Eisner at The Cailfornia Grill as they were coming in for dinner..I almost fainted as I shook her hand. I was shaking for about 5 minutes afterward.

scootch713
06-19-2008, 10:11 PM
We ran into the guy who played on Friends(Elaine's boss).. he was also on Dancing with the stars that year(2006).

I actually ran into OJ Simpson and his wife Nicole in Disneyland. Everyone in my group wanted to go up and say hi to them, but I convinced them not too... so we all went up and ordered french fries and stood near them and ate them. Duh... shoulda taken a pic!.. might have been worth some money.

mickey&missy
06-19-2008, 10:16 PM
Wow!! You've bumped into a lot of famous people at WDW!

I definitely would have been so excited to see Mohammad Ali and Michael Eisner and Julie Andrews!! My FIL had the pleasure of meeting Julie Andrews on more then one occasion and said she is truely one of the nicest, most geniune people he has ever met.

We "met" Bruce Jenner, the olympic dicathlete, in the hall at AKL in 05. Only MIL and I knew who he was. Funny because DH is a huge sports fan! He said hi to us, we said hi back. FIL and DH asked us who he was, LOL!!

henry.james.s
06-19-2008, 10:44 PM
Absolutly right about Ms. Andrews..so sweet. And her voice saying "Very pleased to meet you" almost brought tears to my eyes. Mike Eisner was quite gracious as well.
It really was my most memorable day @ WDW. If I remember correctly it was around the same time as the official opening of Mission Space.
The Regis Philbin meeting was actually 2 times in one day. He was doing a live remote @ MGM for different local TV stations around the country. And in between interviews he would talk it up with the people looking on. I had on a Michigan Football shirt and he saw it and starting talking football with me since he's a huge Notre Dame fan. That was fun.
A little while later I ran into him again as he was walking backstage and he did what I call a "Regis take". He said "There's that guy from Michigan again..He's EVERYWHERE"!! I laughed like crazy. A nice guy for sure.

pixie897
06-19-2008, 11:04 PM
Oh my goodness...my family and I were getting on to the elevator to go to our vacation club suite at the Boardwalk in 2002 and were in the same elevator with Whitney Houston and Bobby Brown....(when they were still together). It was hilarious cause she looked absolutely terrible without her makeup and hair done I recognized him before her. (how sad is that?) Also my brother and mother were in an elevator with Olympic Gold Metallist Bruce Jenner and Kris Jenner( AKA the former Mrs. Kardashian) at AKL! :cool:

tadshome
06-20-2008, 02:20 AM
We bumped into Shane Lynch (Boyzone) and his wife outside Indiana Jones. They was really nice

Marilyn Michetti
06-20-2008, 10:31 AM
On Dec.5, 2001, (Walt's 100th birthday), we saw some of the original Mouseketeers, Michael Eisner, Ward Kimbel, and Marty Sklar. They were all just walking around.:mickey: It was amazingingly un-crowded in the Studios, being so soon after 9-11.:(

I met Julie Andrews, who was doing a book signing the same day - stood in line for two hours to be 150 out of the 200 she agreed to sign. For 15 seconds, I felt like the most important person in her life. She's a real lady.:cloud9:

mickeys_princess_mom
06-20-2008, 10:48 AM
I met Julie Andrews, who was doing a book signing the same day - stood in line for two hours to be 150 out of the 200 she agreed to sign. For 15 seconds, I felt like the most important person in her life. She's a real lady.:cloud9:
I am so jealous! She's the person I would love to meet the most in the world! I love your description, too. :cloud9:

Disneyexpert15
06-25-2008, 05:14 PM
It's cool that some of you have bumped into celebrities at WDW :mickey: You're so lucky!!! Anyway, on my last trip to disney I left a few days before Uma Thurman was going to be at Disneyworld with her family.

goofyluva9293
06-26-2008, 03:07 PM
In 1992 we met Alisan Porter (Curly Sue) in Mickey's Starland (now Mickey's Toontown Fair). She was a really cute little girl and talked for a long time with my then 5 year old DD. She's not famous now but at the time it was one of my DD's favorites, since the movie just had come out in 1991. She was there helping bury a time capsule. Hmm, I don't know whatever happened with that. I wonder if its still there?! Oh, anyway, that same year we also met Ed McMahon and his wife & daughter several times. It seemed like we were on the same wavelength because we kept seeing each other everywhere during the week. They were very nice people and always said hello and spoke to us when we saw each other. Then in 2000 we saw Warwick Davis (Wicket in Return of the Jedi, Willow, Prof. Flitwick in Harry Potter, etc.) and his family while in the Living Seas. This was not during Star Wars Weekends and since he was there with his family, we didn't want to bother him. But at one point we happened to be right next to him looking at some fish and he said hello and I told him we really love all of his work. He thanked us and said its really nice to have someone just mention that they like him w/o completely barging in on a family vacation. I was really glad that we hadn't approched him before that. :blush: Also, I don't remember the exact year but I was sitting on a bench near the castle, waiting for the rest of my family and a man sat next to me. I was people watching while I watched for my family so I didn't really pay much attention to the man. I caught myself smiling really big as I watched a dad buy a Mickey ear balloon for his little girl. The man next to me asked me if I was having a good time and I glanced at him and said "Yes!" but I was still paying more attention to the little girl's reaction. Then the man said "Well, I hope you have a really nice time."and as I said thank you to him, I looked at him more closely and I realized it was Roy Disney. I smiled at him and I could tell he knew the moment I recognized him and of couse my family had the camera & autograph books. He was very nice though and it's still one of my favorite Disney moments.

antnyh
06-26-2008, 10:52 PM
I believe it was my 1993 visit to Disney. I was with my family at MGM Studios. I was by myself in the tree trunk in the Honey I Shrunk the Kids playground. On his hands and knees just like me was John Ritter!!! I loved Threes Company soooo much growing up. It was so good to met him in person. All I could do was verify it was him and tell him that I loved watching his show growing up. He was very glad I enjoyed it and asked how I was enjoying my time at Disney.

princessjojo
06-26-2008, 11:50 PM
Truly, I don't know that I would recognize anyone if I did see them. I pay that little attention to others while I'm there. I just see them as families having fun with each other.

But, and I may be wrong, I want to say that last week, while waiting outside the restrooms between the Plaza Rest. & Tomorrowland Noodle Station I saw the Little People, Big World family. I don't know their name, and it may not have been them, but was just unusual that they were moving around in and out of CM gates and, not trying to be insulting in any way, a disporportional number of little people for one average family. I didn't bother them in any way, but did see them again later that day at PotC.

disneylovinmom
06-27-2008, 03:52 PM
I also never pay attention to anyone else except for my family while we are there. I probably have been near some famous people and never knew it. I wouldn't approach them even if I did see them. They are people just like me trying to have a fun family vacation.