PDA

View Full Version : WDW, DL or Hawaii?

meldan98
06-19-2008, 08:56 PM
I have a question for those who own or those thinking about owning. We are not currently owners but we really want to be. When we are able to afford it we would like to purchase one of the units.

We just aren't sure if we would want to buy something at WDW, DL or in Hawaii. I know the Grand California units will sell fast, but I'm sure that those won't be only one Disney ever offers at DL. Are there advantages to buying in WDW over DL or Hawaii?

If you were buying for the first time, which would you purchase?

dlpmikki
06-20-2008, 03:08 AM
That's a tough question. The most honest answer I can give is that I would buy where I thought I would be most likely to want to stay regularly. For me that would be WDW.

DVC Mike
06-20-2008, 07:41 AM
Since you're in California, I would think the Villas at the Grand Californian at DLR would make the most sense, as you could fly there rather cheaply, or even drive down.

Right now, travel costs look like they're going higher with no relief in sight. If the cost of airfare to Hawaii or Orlando won't be a budget issue for you, then you can consider those options as well.

Where do you really want to vacation on a regular basis -- Southern Calfornia, Hawaii, or WDW?

wendy*darling
06-20-2008, 08:00 PM
You should buy at the resort you plan to stay at most often.
One of the best parts of DVC Membership is that you can stay at any of their properties, and even other places around the world.
BUT... you have first dibs at your "home resort" (that's the one you buy your points at) at 11 months before you travel. To reserve at other reosrts, you have to wait until 7 months, and sometimes it's difficult to get into the more popular places (depending on the season, etc.)

The best advice is to buy where you want to stay.