PDA

View Full Version : Park Crowds - Sept. vs December?

Disney1977
06-19-2008, 07:06 PM
I'm all frazzled.

Disney sent me a postcard for a room discount in August-September. I know nothing about going to WDW in September. We have reservations for the first week in December but we will save $900 by going in September.

My main concern is the crowds in the Parks. Is the last week of September a good time to visit the Parks?

Thank you in advance for your replies.

Sam&Alex&Josh'sMOM
06-19-2008, 08:04 PM
We went early September last year and the park crowds were a breeze. The restaurants will be VERY busy due to the free dining promotion... But if you use fast pass here and there... we rarely waited for anything!

We will be there Sept 20-26.. and I for one have little to know patience for waiting in line... never mind my toddler and preschooler...

TO save $900 I'd go for it... tho it will be close to impossible to get good table service reservations if you have a family that sits doen for dinner each night...

Check to make sure the flights are comparable!

Good luck! Hope to see you there!

MickeyMomof2
06-19-2008, 08:09 PM
As far as crowds go, September is great. We went last year and never waited more than 15 minutes for anything (we used FP if the wait was over that). However, it will be MUCH hotter and more humid in September.

JenniferS.
06-19-2008, 09:14 PM
We have been 3 times in sept. Most rides we walked right on. The longest we waited was 30 min for a couple of the more popular rides. We did need a FP for Soarin', but that was it. It's a great time to go. The only downfall is the heat/humididty. It is unbearabley hot. It also tends to rain a lot in the evening. You just gotta try to find ways to stay cool. We will be there this year Sept 4-13th!!! Can't wait!!

sisterdisco
06-19-2008, 09:25 PM
While the 1st week of Dec has previously been fantastic---some things to consider.
1) $900 is $900 !!
2) less chance of getting sick w/ colds/flu in Sept vs. Dec.
3) w/ the UK dollar worth about 2 times as much as the US dollar---there will likely be increased international visitors at any time, but alot of the UK takes December for their Holiday.....

4) weather could be worse in Sept.

All things considered, I would go in Sept, and save the $900 for next year's trip!!

#1donaldfan
06-19-2008, 10:06 PM
A lot of good points but the most important one has been left out....

......Sept comes before Dec........

...you'll be there sooner !!!!:mickey:

BMan62
06-20-2008, 07:44 AM
Crowd levels should be close between the two time frames. We went last year the week following Thanksgiving and the crowds were very easy to get around, except around Osborne lights and when the Candlelight Processional was going on in World Showcase.

One other thing to take into account between the dates - September has Halloween decorations and MNSSHP, December has Christmas decorations, MVMCP, CP, OL, HAtW (Holidays Around the World.)