PDA

View Full Version : Just bought dvc need advice

Mrs.Mickey
06-19-2008, 05:39 PM
I just bought our DVC at AKL and am so excited. My question is we had two rooms booked at the POR and we wanted to know what the likelyhood of getting 2 AKL villas sept 20-27th I do know that if you check on disney world.com they say there is availability for the general public...I dont know if that means anything. Also any other tips you would like to give would be great!

SignguyTom
06-19-2008, 07:27 PM
Call Member Services: 1-800-800-9800

They can tell you right away.

Good luck!

:mickey:

Kidsmom
06-19-2008, 08:41 PM
Call member services.

What you see on Disney World.com has nothing to do with DVC inventory.

Welcome to DVC!

Horizon93
06-19-2008, 10:54 PM
Definitely call member services. And if you can't get AKV try OKW or SSR. They are large resorts and might have more availability.

MatterhornMiss
06-20-2008, 07:52 PM
I just joined DVC myself and am vacationing the middle of Sept. When I asked about 2 BR villas (I asked to check in the order of VWL, BWV, BCV, AKV, OKW, SSR), I was told only SSR and OKW had 2br avail the entire time I was asking. VWL did have avail one night. So I booked the one night at VWL, the rest at OKW, and waitlisted for the rest at VWL. I don't know if it will come through or not, but even if it doesn't, I don't mind switching and getting to experience more of the DVC. My guide said AKV inventory was limited since there weren't that many rooms yet.

Oh, and as of today, there are changes to the waitlist procedure. Apparently one used to be able to waitlist day-by-day to have a better chance of getting the resort he or she wanted. Now you have to waitlist your entire stay, if that is what you chose. You cannot waitlist non-consecutive days.