PDA

View Full Version : Disney Goody bags

minnie-mouse
06-19-2008, 01:22 PM
I was thinking of putting together little goody bags for my DDs (DD6 and DD3) for our trip. Not sure what I should put in them, any ideas? I was thinking the autograph books for sure.

Also, do you think I should present it to them the morning of the trip so they can take it on the plane with them (include snacks and toys to keep them busy) or is it cuter to bring it to the hotel and say "Mickey" left it for them?

Any sugestions?

Boojum
06-19-2008, 01:40 PM
You could even put them in your mailbox, have the kiddos follow you to the mailbox, and pretend that Mickey sent them. Do this just as you're leaving for the airport.

I think the autograph books are a great idea. There's tons of other stuff, too--stickers, pencils, markers, coloring books, Pez dispensers--all of which can be found with Disney characters on them/in them.

Another thing my DDs loved was the miniature Magna-Doodles. I see these all the time in checkout lines at Target and Walmart. I don't think they come in Disney themes, but they won't notice this if you have other Disney "stuff" in the bag.

You're a nicely organized mom, i'ts obvious! Have a great time making the bags!

tmosier
06-19-2008, 03:41 PM
I'd add gum to the goodie bags (if you give it to them before you get on the :plane:) to help with ear popping. That is, if your kids do well with gum!

KineGirl
06-19-2008, 04:22 PM
I suggest you hit up your local Dollar Store! They have Disney -

coloring books
crayons
stamps
small toys
pens
stickes
and other various things
sometimes window clings too

as well as -

princess, pirate & fairy items
glow bracelets
candy (sometimes even Disney candy)
drawing paper (so they can draw their own Mickey or fave character)

I also sometimes add

blank tshirt or a painters hat (or she can predecorate it) and some sharpies for characters to sign.
Disney DVD or 2 (if we are driving).
small toiletry items
glitter (for the hair.. this is where the small bottle of hairspray comes in handy)

Speaking of glitter in the hair a neat thing I used to do to hers is mix a bunch of glitter in Elmers glue and then smear it along a piece/section of her hair in different areas. Blow it dry. It comes out SO cute and has that stiff string look. Not to mention it washes out easily & is non toxic. The only thing is if you do this is rinse it out before swimming :) The rinseable hair color spray is cute too. She still does both of these things on her own now days.

My daughter is 17 this year and I still make her up a bag. I also usually give her the maps you can make online as well as any DVC items I may have received (playing cards & such). I always have given it to her a day or 2 before the trip because some of the things I have been iffy about bringing them on the plane or would just take up too much precious carry on space (like glow sticks). That way she can take out what she wants and pack the rest in the big suitcase. We usually drive though and when she was little I would give it to her right when we hit the road .. now sometimes I give it to her the night before. :mickey:

Have fun!

Young@Heart
06-22-2008, 11:48 PM
I'm doing this for DC (and DH as well) and so far they're all getting a pin from our resort (POP), goggles for the pool, autograph book, pressed penny book w/ a roll of quarters and pennies, and I'm picking up arcade cards when we check-in. I'm trying to think of a couple more things to add, but it's hard since they're ages are so spread out.

jilwil
06-23-2008, 10:07 AM
When we visited WDW in 2002, DS was nine years old. Our vacation was at the first of June. The Easter Bunny brought a Disney themed Easter basket to DS that year to help him to be prepared for his trip. Some of the great things DS received in his Easter basket were: a fat Mickey Mouse :mickey2: pen for the characters to use when signing his autograph book (bought at the Disney store), a box of individually packaged Disney gummies (bought at our local grocery store), and the best investment of all...Mickey playing cards (bought at Wal-Mart, found in the game and puzzle section of the toy department). The playing cards were great, for example, when waiting for Fantasmic! to start. We played Go Fish. It made the wait and anticipation move a little quicker than it would have otherwise! They were light-weight and easy to carry in my small backpack. Good luck with your plans! I'm sure your girls will be thrilled with anything you do for them!:)

minnie-mouse
06-23-2008, 11:55 AM
Thanks so much for all the ideas. I can't wait to put it all together.