PDA

View Full Version : ToT Escape Elevator

jilwil
06-19-2008, 01:15 PM
Hi All!:)

I am wanting to walk through the que for ToT, but because of a bad back I am afraid to ride. DS said that he thought, but wasn't 100% sure, that when he rode it before at some point the CMs offer for those not willing or unable to ride to take an elevator that leads to the gift shop. Does anyone know if this is definitely true? I would at least like to see the inside of it. Thanks in advance for any info. provided!

Main Street Jim
06-19-2008, 01:16 PM
That is correct - and there's really nothing special about it...just an ordinary "non-thrilling" ride to the scariest part of the attraction :) The GIFT SHOP.....LOLOLOL

laprana
06-19-2008, 01:42 PM
Yes, they definitely have what they call a "chicken exit" for people who don't want to ride. My mom did the same thing a couple years ago - she wanted to see the queue area but there was no way she was actually getting on the ride! Once we got to the elevator loading area, we told a CM she didn't want to ride and they showed her the exit. She left without any problems! Hope this helps! :mickey:

dolphinmickey9170
06-19-2008, 01:43 PM
My DH is not a thrill seeker, but like the queue as well, so he will go through until we reach the "motion sickness exit." I can't call him a chicken....he runs into burning buildings while everyone else runs out, but he doesn't do well with the thrills and chills rides. Most every ride can give you the opportunity to go through the queue and exit before the excitement if necessary.

Have a great time!!:mickey:

shadowden
06-19-2008, 01:45 PM
...If I'm not mistaken, it is the center elevator doors when you get to the loading area. I saw a CM using it when we were down in May.

thrillme
06-19-2008, 01:46 PM
Yes...it's there...just ask the CM and you can quietly take the exit. I've seen it.

Marilyn Michetti
06-19-2008, 08:29 PM
Just a thought that might help. I have lots of arthritis and two rods in my back, but TOT doesn't bother me, because it's just a drop. I can't do BTMRR or EE anymore because it jerks you around, but TOT is really smooth - doesn't cause you to be thrown around. That said, my perfectly sound DH wouldn't get on it at gunpoint - he won't even go as far as the "chicken exit".

Just my :twocents:

#1donaldfan
06-19-2008, 10:12 PM
yes....you gotta do the "pre show" ...... the attention to detail is amazing......then just chicken out and get on the elevator....wait a sec....isn't the ride and elevator too??? humm.....you just gotta wonder if the chicken elevator may go rogue one day...?????:thedolls:

brewcrew26
06-19-2008, 11:39 PM
I'm glad I'm not the only one who is afraid to ride ToT! I still feel guilty because I took the chicken exit at DLR's version. The CM actually questioned me and then broke character to show me the exit. :blush:

jilwil
06-20-2008, 08:02 AM
Not a :chicken: here! I would love to ride it! However, I value walking, sitting, etc. more than a thrill. Three herniated discs in my lower back say :nono:. My doctor says I'm about one step away from surgery. :(

Thanks so much for all the info! I will at least get to see the inside this way! Have a magical day! :mickey:

Imagineer1981
06-20-2008, 10:23 AM
the chicken elevator does have an eerie white light inside of it...kinda spooky

Von-Drake
06-20-2008, 10:31 AM
I have been trying to convince my mom that the ride has a chicken ext, because she says she wants to see the queue, but she does not believe me. I try to explain "Do you really think Disney Cast Member are going to FORCE you on a ride?" Maybe one day she will go, lol :scared:

brewcrew26
06-21-2008, 12:35 PM
So, it's really an elevator for the exit? The DLR exit is just a tunnel to the gift shop. A very long tunnel that lets you think about skipping the ride.

EditReject
06-21-2008, 03:49 PM
Just a thought that might help. I have lots of arthritis and two rods in my back, but TOT doesn't bother me, because it's just a drop. I can't do BTMRR or EE anymore because it jerks you around, but TOT is really smooth - doesn't cause you to be thrown around. That said, my perfectly sound DH wouldn't get on it at gunpoint - he won't even go as far as the "chicken exit".

Just my :twocents:

here here! my back is pretty messed up too and on my last trip I sadly discovered that BTMRR is too much herky-jerky for me these days but TOT, EE, RNRC and SM are ok.

It is also ingenious that Disney made a "chicken" elevator at TOT knowing that people will back out or some want to just experience that great queue. It's those little things like that make WDW so great.

katzctkpt
06-21-2008, 04:49 PM
There most definately an exit elevator right in the middle of the 2 rides. You must do the preshow just to see it then you can opt out before entering the ride.