PDA

View Full Version : Morning MH @ Magic Kingdom

TIGGER17179
06-19-2008, 01:03 PM
Is it worth it to go in the morning to the MK for Magic Hours? I'm debating on weather to have breakfast @ CP the morning of MH's at 8:15 and then go into the park or forgo breakfast and just go to the park.
We can still get ahead of the regular park admissions but wasn't sure... Any suggestions?

dolphinmickey9170
06-19-2008, 01:45 PM
I would consider making my ressies for a little later, enter the park for EMH and enjoy that...then go to breakfast once the crowds begin....if you can hold off breakfast that long. I have seen many characters out and about during EMH and have even had the pleasure of MR. Smee riding Peter Pan with my daughters.

Goes4FastPass
06-19-2008, 02:06 PM
If you have kids and want to experience Fantasy Land attractions try this (Your family will curse you THEN thank you).

(assuming 8am EMH at MK)
6:45am Alarm clock. Breakfast bars and juice/milk while clothes and sneakers are organized.
7:15am Transport to MK, security and ticket gates
8:00am Beeline to Fantasy Land. Dumbo, Peter Pan, Tea Cups, WInnie etc. making way toward IASM. You can leave the unmissable Philharmagic for later.
9:00 and beyond as soon as you finish ISAW on to Haunted Mansion then the 2 Mountains.
10:45 Lunch Pecos Bill. (yes, really. It's been hours since those breakfast bars)
12 noon exit Pecos Bill. Notice the restaurant that seemed empty when you arrived is full now. Notice how crowded the streets are.
12:15 Graciously accept your family's applause.

TIGGER17179
06-19-2008, 05:11 PM
Sounds like a plan to me.. Maybe I can make a lunch reservation at CP instead of breakfast..

Disney Lynn
06-20-2008, 08:55 AM
"Bravo!" to Goes4fastpass! This is an ideal plan of action, especially if you have young kids. If they're a little older, you may have to adjust some of the attractions (skip Dumbo or Winnie the Pooh and add a mountain or the raceway). Just verify that the attraction is actually open during EMH. I will add one item- after accepting your family's applause, use up any outstanding Fast Passes and then leave the MK. Go somewhere else or back for a relaxing swim.

As for breakfast at CP on the MK's EMH day- NO! Don't waste your valuable "extra" time sitting at a restaurant. Either make your ressie a very late breakfast or do lunch there. All the meals at the CP are wonderful.

If you intend to visit the MK on two different days, make your CP breakfast ressie for early on a non-EMH day. You'll be allowed to enter the MK before the opening and can stroll down an empty Main Street.

sisterdisco
06-20-2008, 10:08 AM
We went last August.....The only park we found to be a little busy was MK. We went to AM EMH's at MK and it was very worth it!
We got there a little after 8am, and went right to SM, then Buzz, then Grand Prix Raceway, then tea cups (rode w/ Mad Hatter), and then Pooh, Peter Pan, Snow White, and Mickey's Philharmonic.
We were at the rope to Adventureland 5 minutes before 9am.

So I would definitely recommend the EMH if you want to hit things like the raceway, dumbo, pooh, and want to avoid the long lines.

On the other hand, we tried EMH PM hours at MK last year, and it was PACKED.

Hope this info helps!

FromKnoxvilleto Disney
06-20-2008, 10:40 AM
I agree that we find EMH am way better than pm. We were able to see and do twice as much in 1 hour than we ever did in the pm. I think skip the ressies and do them for lunch or dinner and enjoy the emh. You will be tired but it is the best time to do MK.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
06-20-2008, 08:29 PM
Do the ADR for breakfast another day and ride as many rides as you can without waits during EMHs. You can get so many rides in during that time. When we went during July 4 a few years ago we did everything by 10am.

TIGGER17179
06-22-2008, 03:53 PM
Thanks everyone! The kids are teenagers so I think we can skip some of the younger rides but I think I will take everyone's advise and maybe make it later. We are only there for 3days so that was really our only chance for breakfast at MK since we are splitting the days between parks totake advantage of the MH's.