PDA

View Full Version : Do you think this matters?

DisneyMomx2
06-19-2008, 12:09 PM
I faxed down a room request to the Pop Century for our arrival on Saturday. I faxed the letter Tuesday. DH got upset because I didn't put "Room Assigner" on the letter but just addressed it to the Pop Century Resort. Wouldn't it still go the right place?? I'd hate for our requests to not be met solely because they weren't received by the right department.

Seasonscraps
06-19-2008, 01:25 PM
I think it would make it to the right area but FWIW, I read on intercot that resorts don't pay much attention to faxed in room requests anymore. They became too voluminous and that it's best to make requests at the time of booking.

brownie
06-19-2008, 02:03 PM
I think you're wasting your time faxing in your requests. As long as you make your requests when you make your reservation, they should be in your reservation file. I would follow-up a week or so before you go to make sure they have your requests on file with your reservation. Ask again at check-in, because they will work with you to meet any requests not met when your room was assigned.

Septbride2002
06-19-2008, 02:10 PM
I don't believe they really look at faxed room request anymore. Just ask at check in and if it isn't what you wanted ask if you can be moved.

~Amanda

DisneyMomx2
06-19-2008, 02:19 PM
Thanks for the info.

I wish I had known this about a year ago when I made the reservations. I actually read on here under info central about faxing room requests and that's why I did it. It's not the BIGGEST deal if we don't get what I requested. It just would have been nice.

Oh well, I'll be in Disney, no matter what room I'm in. :)

thrillme
06-19-2008, 02:22 PM
Why don't you just give them a call and see what they can do?

DisneyMomx2
06-19-2008, 04:40 PM
I am going to do that when I get home tonight. Keep your fingers crossed. LOL

wendy*darling
06-19-2008, 07:14 PM
I wish I had known this about a year ago when I made the reservations. I actually read on here under info central about faxing room requests and that's why I did it.

A while back, they did try to honor room requests that were faxed in.
But then, because of sites like INTERCOT and other Disney vacation planning websites- the volume of the requests became overwhelming.

In the past year or so, they really have stopped reviewing these faxes.

But even back then, we always stressed that you should ask for what you want when you make your reservation. Faxing a couple days ahead sometimes helped get the things you really wanted- when possible. And of course, nothing was ever guaranteed.

And now- they will still work with you as much as possible during the check in process. I have almost always had a choice of a couple of locations at check-in.
Smile and be open to suggestions, and they will try their best. :thumbsup:

TammiMcMan
06-19-2008, 10:06 PM
Why don't you just give them a call and see what they can do?Chances are, it's too late to make any requests through CRO. Based on the timeline, the resort will get the reservation transferred into their system 3-4 days before the guest arrives. If it's a resort that pre-assigns rooms, then thats what will happen (based on the requests printed on the reservation).

To the OP, in regards to them reading your fax, it all depends on the resort and how busy they are. If they didn't have your request when you arrive, you can ask for it at check-in. If a rooms available that meets your request, they'll just re-assign it.

Jarrod
06-19-2008, 10:08 PM
I don't know if its the resorts that we have stayed at or the time of year we visit, but we have faxed rooms requests for about 5 stays in the last 2 years (including one in March and one in May this year) and have had our requests honored every time. We have even been upgraded several times based on our faxed rooms requests. We have never actually put our room requests on our reservation made with MJ. We always fax and so far, it has always worked for us. Who knows. . . .maybe I should buy a Lotto ticket. :secret:

#1donaldfan
06-19-2008, 10:20 PM
We always request our choice room at the very start of our reservation process.....but ... keep in mind that requests are just that, a request, not a guarantee.....also, Disney will try their best to work with you....they want you happy and continue to be return visitors....:cool:

chicade88
06-19-2008, 10:25 PM
It doesn't really even matter if you include it on your original reservation. We put on the original ressie that we wanted in the Cabanas section at CSR and were put in the Ranchos. After 5-10 minutes, we did get moved but I don't think they pay attention to requests at all! Or if they do, it's not very frequent.

hunnyluvsthemouse
06-20-2008, 11:54 AM
In April I faxed down a room request when we stayed at Pop Century, and everything was honored :thumbsup: (my requests were not made at the time we made the reservation, so it was not on my reservation anywhere).

I requested a room in the 50's section 2nd or 3rd floor, facing the bowling pin pool, and that is just what we got. And we were there during peak time.

Maybe it depends on the person who picks the fax up. Not sure, but it worked for us.

SurferStitch
06-20-2008, 12:27 PM
I faxed a room request to the Poly a few days before our December stay. I requested Tokelau, with a 3rd floor room in a certain block of rooms. Specific, I know, but I wanted that elusive view of Cinderella Castle paying the garden view price. I just faxed it to the number given, and didn't put a contact person.

We got EXACTLY what we wanted. The CM checking us in even mentioned our faxed request, and they did everything to make it work. We were thrilled!

I will say, I added some humor and flair to our request, and even added pics of Lilo and Stitch to it. Guess it worked.