PDA

View Full Version : send me a little pixie dust?

Tink2002
06-19-2008, 10:58 AM
So, some of you may have remembered an earlier post about how I have been working at a daycare this summer and catching everything under the sun. About a month ago I came down with pink eye, and it took two doses of drops to treat it. I was pretty sure it was gone, and then after a week of business as usual, last friday, my right eye began to tear and I thought that it had to be allergies, i couldn't have it AGAIN. However, after being around a suspicious looking infant at work Tuesday I woke up to an unmistakeable case of it in the left eye, and I'm guessing it had started from the right one. Long story short, I got some drops that are supposed to be stronger that what I used before and ointment for bedtime from the doctor, but we leave for WDW early tomorrow morning. I'm pretty bummed about no makeup/glasses/running to a bathroom on a set schedule to use eye drops while on vacation, and I hope it goes away for good this time, as I don't know if I reinfected myself somehow, it went around again at work, or I never kicked it completely in the first place.

So just a little bit of pixie dust would be appreciated to get these eyes better FAST, I'd love to have it gone for good and be able to be glasses-free for at least some of this trip! Thanks!

MsMin
06-19-2008, 11:00 AM
Sending :pixie: but please close your eyes... don't want to make it worse.
Hope you have a wonderful trip and hope it doesn't spread to anyone else in your group... it is so contagious.
:pixie: Don't forget the sunglasses....

DisneyDog
06-19-2008, 11:07 AM
14 years ago, when I was a newlywed, I worked in a biological research facility. Now, I'm a librarian, so you wouldn't think I would be in contact with the yucky stuff. But, the researchers would come in with their lab coats on (which they weren't supposed to do) and their experiments and timers, and bring all of their yucky stuff directly to me. One of the things they were researching was the common cold (and cancer and lots of other stuff). I was sick all the time when I worked there. And, yes, I got pink eye. I had it from Thanksgiving (the day my eyes started itching) until March! I went through several prescriptions, and even had an allergic reaction to one. Everytime I thought it was gone, it would come back. Finally, I came into work with a giant can of lysol and sprayed down the entire library (it was a small place). And then the pink eye never came back.

(But, then there was the time that they were doing construction on the lab located right over my desk and a pipe burst and stinky water came dripping onto my head through the ceiling...and I later found out that lab hadn't been used for about a decade and they used to do RABIES research up there!!! Glad I am now in public libraries. No rabies in public libraries. Ha ha!!)

Madame Leona
06-19-2008, 11:36 AM
It's always the suspicious looking infants;) I hope you feel better soon.

gauvin4
06-19-2008, 12:51 PM
Lots of :pixie: :pixie: :pixie: coming your way! I hope you have great vacation. :mickey:

tinkerbellybutton
06-19-2008, 01:29 PM
Sending some pixie dust :pixie: :pixie: it should be there real soon since we're from the same area. Have a wonderful trip and here's an extra dose of pixie dust to make sure this doesn't come back! :pixie: