PDA

View Full Version : How to get to Cape May Cafe?

Hayden's Dad
06-19-2008, 10:53 AM
Starting to plan our next trip and unfortunately we have decided not to go to 1900 Park Fare for breakfast of dinner it's just to loud for Hayden. We have heard good things about Cape May Cafe for breakfast, but I don't know how we would get there in the morning from POP.

Can anyone give me some ideas on how to get there and what have yuo thought about this breakfast. This is the only character meal we have not been to out side of the Norway lunch and dinners (we have been for breakfast and will go again.)

Thanks

poeticeclipse
06-19-2008, 11:09 AM
Well, this is a tough one.

Since you're planning on doing breakfast... going to Epcot and then walking back to World Showcase and using the International Gateway to walk to Cape May would be a bust because World Showcase doesn't open until 11:00 I believe. UNLESS, there is a way you can walk to the International Gateway at park opening (all the way across the park) and avoid World Showcase entrance all together. Someone that frequently stays at an "Epcot" area resort may be able to tell you better than I could if you can get to the International Gateway while avoiding World Showcase.

The easiest of all of the options.... take a cab from Pop to Cape May Cafe.

Capt. Sparrow
06-19-2008, 11:21 AM
The easiest way would be to take a bus to DHS and catch the ferryboat over to the Beach Club from there.

Hope this helps! :donald:

poeticeclipse
06-19-2008, 11:26 AM
The easiest way would be to take a bus to DHS and catch the ferryboat over to the Beach Club from there.

Hope this helps! :donald:

Right! Yeah... that could work. Unless the ADR is before the busses would be running. The best would be to book the ADR on a morning that DHS has EMH. I've taken the ferryboat before... and I think it takes forever. But, if it's your only option, then just make sure you give yourself PLENTY of travel time.

BethieTink
06-19-2008, 11:55 AM
I would say take a cab. It eliminates a lot of hassle. We love the Cape May Breakfast. It is much quieter than others we have been too and the character interaction is great. I think Hayden would love it.

Hayden's Dad
06-19-2008, 12:01 PM
Thanks everyone. I like the idea of going to DHS first and then catching either the ferry or walking back to the boardwalk. What resort is it located in again?

I don't think a cab would work very well with us since we have Hayden's wheelchair, and all his equipment.

Thanks for all the help.

dolphinmickey9170
06-19-2008, 12:03 PM
Cape May is at the Beach Club! Have a great time.:mickey::cloud9:

disneydrmr
06-19-2008, 12:10 PM
Funny you should ask.. I'm staying at Pop in November and one of the breakfasts we choose was Cape May... the Dining rep told me to take a bus to Downtown Disney, then hop a bus over to Beach Club.

BethieTink
06-19-2008, 12:39 PM
Funny you should ask.. I'm staying at Pop in November and one of the breakfasts we choose was Cape May... the Dining rep told me to take a bus to Downtown Disney, then hop a bus over to Beach Club.

It can take forever to get from Downtown Disney to anywhere. And for a breakfast, I am not sure the buses would run that early. That would be a last resort if you ask me.

poeticeclipse
06-19-2008, 01:02 PM
It can take forever to get from Downtown Disney to anywhere. And for a breakfast, I am not sure the buses would run that early. That would be a last resort if you ask me.

Exactly how I feel. Last resort would be DTD.

We went to DTD to catch a bus to AKL once and we waited 40 minutes. Another time we tried to get a bus from Coronado to DTD and it took about a half hour to even get the bus.

Also, it's quite a trek from Pop to DTD. Not worth it.

CanadianWDWFan
06-19-2008, 01:04 PM
I don't think a cab would work very well with us since we have Hayden's wheelchair, and all his equipment.

Thanks for all the help.
We have always taken a cab to other resorts for meals, just to make life a lot easier. We have taken a cab a few times that was a full size van. It was the same rate for the van as the regular cab would be. Even when you are at POP, try to arrange a cab pickup with the van.

bruin1344
06-19-2008, 01:12 PM
cab is prob best option and cab rides are pretty cheap for different destinations on property, the only other option is take bus to epcot or mgm and walk to there

bigbabyblues
06-19-2008, 07:11 PM
What time is your ADR? (Sorry if I overlooked it). I would take a bus to DHS and then a boat to the Beach Club. The DHS buses were running at Pop around 7:00 or 7:15 last year, we were on one for an 8:05 breakfast at Hollywood and Vine. This was not an EMH morning.

wendy*darling
06-19-2008, 07:48 PM
All of the parks with breakfasts start seating at 8:05. Resorts start even earlier. So the buses for each park start right around 7am.
If your ADR is for 8:05 or later, you should have no trouble with the bus to DHS and then the boat.
The night before, you can check with the Concierge Desk at Pop and explain where you need to go, and the need to get the wheelchair on a bus. They *might* be able to get a bus there a tad bit earlier. Magic has been known to happen. :secret:

You will get off the bus, and walk past the entrance to DHS. Instead of turning left to go toward the turnstiles, keep going straight to the dock.
The boat will go to the Swan/Dolphin first, and then either to Boardwalk or Yacht/Beach next, then the other. You want to get off at Yacht/Beach- the resort on your left side as you go between them.

Cape May Cafe is in the Beach Club- that's the blue side of the resort. Walk to the right as you get off the boat, walk under the pirate ship slide (it crosses the sidewalk) and then into the Beach Club entrance. The restaurant will be to your left as you enter the lobby.

Enjoy! :mickey:

DisneyWhirled
06-20-2008, 09:26 AM
We like Cape May breakfast very much. I second taking a bus to DHS and the ferry over to Beach Club. It is an enjoying boat ride. Please be sure to plan plenty of time though, as you know!

JMHO, Cape May may be a little less loud than 1900 Park Fair, but I would find them pretty comparable.

I hope you enjoy it!

Hayden's Dad
06-20-2008, 10:39 AM
You will get off the bus, and walk past the entrance to DHS. Instead of turning left to go toward the turnstiles, keep going straight to the dock.
The boat will go to the Swan/Dolphin first, and then either to Boardwalk or Yacht/Beach next, then the other. You want to get off at Yacht/Beach- the resort on your left side as you go between them.

Cape May Cafe is in the Beach Club- that's the blue side of the resort. Walk to the right as you get off the boat, walk under the pirate ship slide (it crosses the sidewalk) and then into the Beach Club entrance. The restaurant will be to your left as you enter the lobby.

Thank you we haven't been there before and we were not sure where exactly the resort was.

Is the ferry handicap accesible?

Thank you all so much for your help.

JMHO, Cape May may be a little less loud than 1900 Park Fair, but I would find them pretty comparable.

We like 1900 quite a bit and are dissappointed that we will not be going back there this time, but Hayden just can't tolerate the noise. 1900 Just wasn't built for a character meal with alot of children. The sound echos.

DisneyWhirled
06-20-2008, 12:09 PM
Is the ferry handicap accesible?

Yes, it sure is!

wendy*darling
06-20-2008, 12:35 PM
When you are done with breakfast- take advantage of the fact that you are right outside the "back" entrance to Epcot. That would make a good park for the day. As would DHS, since you could just take the boat right back there.

Piglet822
06-20-2008, 03:03 PM
A cab is still an option for you if you decide to go that route. Just let whoever you talk to know you will need a wheelchair accesible taxi van.
BTW, I love Cape May for breakfast and dinner - I just recently took my boyfriend for breakfast there. It was his first time and he really enjoyed it.