PDA

View Full Version : Free DDP / Possible Cancel Resv Qs

LeeAnn
06-19-2008, 10:50 AM
In the coarse of planning, life happens and puts a dent in your plans. Had been waiting to take adavntage of Free Dining since the begining and I was hoping to take of adavantage of it this time around (even thought it not really free).

Trying to avoid canceling or trip. Here are my Qs...

1.)
It's me (36), DH38, DD5, DS4 & DD2. I heard all need to be present at check-in. What will happen if my DH does not arrive w/ us? Will they remove credit per day till he arrives? Or wil they remove him completely from the Resv?

2.)
Do all need to be there at check-out? Or can we do express checkout, if DH needs to leave early?

3.)
If DH cannot come at all, can I bring my mom? Can I make a change in the names on Resv w/o any penalty? Any time contraints?

Don't want to ask the CMs since they give different info and in the past have made mistakes on my Resv. So I'm asking the experts.

Still hoping we can go this time around. It still will be cheaper to go (except airfare). DD2 is under 3 so free to get in. Also able to stay in Value since DD2 is under and in a crib (future trips must to Port Orleans $$). And Free dining.

Waiting to see is only making airfare prices go up. Any advice on that?

Thanks for you help.

stitch'sgirl
06-19-2008, 11:26 AM
I'm not sure about check-in. I believe the rules state that all persons need to be present, however they can bend the rules a bit if you explain your situation (they've done it for me before). As for the DP, from what I've read and the way I understand it, it will only be good for the number of persons at check-in. However, if you need to change a name on the ressie, you can do that at any time. I'm in that same boat now where I'm trying to figure out if my boyfriend will be going with me or another friend. The only penalties they will assess as far as ressies go is if you cancel or change your ressie within the 45 day window to your intended arrival. Sorry I couldn't be a bit more help. Have fun if you do end up going!:mickey:

potzie
06-19-2008, 11:30 AM
Last year I checked in the entire family and my wife stayed in the car with the sleeping kids. They did not need to see my wife or the kids when I checked in and explained the situation.

I hope this will help you out. I know it might be just you and the kids at the time of check-in but he could be busy getting the kids something or in the washroom and they aren't likely to make you wait for him to return.

Good Luck.

BelleCiavo
06-19-2008, 02:17 PM
When I checked in at the Poly last year I had no one with me, they didn't even ask.

LeeAnn
06-19-2008, 02:57 PM
Was this during Free Dining?

BelleCiavo
06-20-2008, 07:23 PM
Was this during Free Dining?

Are you asking me? No, it wasn't. Yeah, I guess people could beat the system. I'll make sure I have everyone with me when we check in this year.

TheRustyScupper
06-21-2008, 11:32 AM
1) DURING Free Dining offers, all are supposed to be present.
2) People have scammed WDW by claiming extra people.
3) This allows them to get extra DDP meal coupons.
4) If not present at check-in, the person's coupons are not issued.
5) They get issued when the person checks-in and gets a key.
6) As long as that person was paid for the entire stay, no coupons are lost.

#1disneyfan
06-21-2008, 12:57 PM
WOW I can't imagine that some people would claim an extra person for extra free meals! I would have never thought of that.

I hope everything works out for you and you have a great vacation!

cal5755
06-21-2008, 01:09 PM
When we went last year we went up with one adult per room reservation. We went during free dining. We had 5 rooms and we did not all stand in line to check in. I was able to get the keys for me DH and 2 kids. Mom was able to get the keys for her Dad and my dd etc. Everyone else was by the pool waiting for us and DH was getting our refillable mugs.

I am sure if you say DH will be arriving later they will give you his Key to the world.

magicofdisney
06-21-2008, 05:07 PM
A couple of years ago we went during free dining. Because of work commitments my husband couldn't be with us at check-in. My mom had the kids while I waited in line to check-in. They checked me right in, never asking where was everyone else.

During that same trip, my mom had to leave a couple of days early because my dad was sick and not traveling with us.

You should be fine on all counts. :mickey: