PDA

View Full Version : Recommended Restaruants for DP and T-Rex?

stitch'sgirl
06-19-2008, 09:54 AM
Morning all (or whatever your time may be at the moment)! I just got off the phone for ressies at the resort and have 2 now for 7 days (kinda :eek: right now I know), but I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on where to make ressies for in any park or DTD. The only two I have right now are Tony's in MK and O'hana for the character breakfast. I tried for the Coral Reef, and Le Celiere in Epcot but couldn't get either. Also, what's this I keep hearing about T-Rex? I would love to try it if it is open but haven't heard anything about it. Thanks to all in advance.:cloud9:

stitch'sgirl
06-19-2008, 10:23 AM
Ok, I just got off the phone with Disney and found out the T-Rex restaurant isn't open yet. Bummer...:fit: Oh well, guess I'll have to keep an eye out as it gets closer. Hopefully it will be open by then.

DISNEYLOVERS5
06-19-2008, 10:29 AM
hope it is open when i go sept 6-14

bigearstoo
06-19-2008, 10:34 AM
Is T-Rex going to be on the DDP?

stitch'sgirl
06-19-2008, 10:36 AM
So far as I am aware. I didn't hear otherwise from the cast member that I spoke to. I will ask and get a for sure answer next time, but as Landry's owns it (and RC too) I assume they would take it since you can use it at RC.:mickey:

GabbyJacobsmom
06-20-2008, 08:46 AM
Quick question, When I booked my ressies on June 10th - I was told both RC (DTD & AK) are not on the DP and would not take reservations. Is that correct or false? My family really wanted RC @ AK, but went with Boma instead on the advice of the CM.

When I called about T-Rex the CM told me she couldn't find and more than likely it would be a counter service, but after reading online it seems a TS. ??????

Figment!
06-20-2008, 09:15 AM
I was told both RC (DTD & AK) are not on the DP and would not take reservations. Is that correct or false? Neither participate in 2008 Dining Plan; however, both do take reservations.

The Animal Kingdom location participates in Disney's Advanced Dining Reservation system which can be reached at (407) WDW-DINE (939-3463). The Downtown Disney location has their own reservation system which can be reached at (407) 827-8500.

Also, what's this I keep hearing about T-Rex? See the restaurant chain's official site (http://www.trexcafe.com/) for info and details.

When I called about T-Rex the CM told me she couldn't find and more than likely it would be a counter service, but after reading online it seems a TS. ?????? Unfortunately, Dining Reservationists have access to very little information regarding future dining locations. Information on new dining locations does not typically appear in the reservation system until the location opens reservations. More than likely, the person you spoke to found no information in their system and was (improperly mind-you) speculating. The Walt Disney World Resort and Landry's have stated in multiple press releases that the T-Rex Cafe will be a Table Service style location.

Is T-Rex going to be on the DDP?It is unknown for certain at this point; however, as the location is located outside of a gated park and is operated by a third party, it is considered unlikley to be participating.

the other micki
06-20-2008, 02:54 PM
I checked out the T-Rex Cafe website last night. It looks awesome!:thumbsup: Can't wait to try it out next May!

GabbyJacobsmom
06-20-2008, 06:52 PM
Figment,

Thank you so much!!!!!

stitch'sgirl
06-21-2008, 01:23 PM
I called Disney dining and found out the same info Figment gave, however I couldn't get back and post until now as I have pretty much been at work the last couple days and don't have much time to myself at the moment (I'm headed back now). Sorry to all those I confused before. I was pretty bummed when I found out that RC wasn't included in the DP. I really wanted to take my DBF there as he's never been. Maybe just for dessert or an app. :mickey::cloud9:

TheRustyScupper
06-22-2008, 09:05 AM
. . . I was pretty bummed when I found out that RC wasn't included in the DP . . .

1) There are many eateries no on the DDP.
2) Menus have to be dumbed-down to keep within the DDP reimbursement.
3) I'd rather have better food than cheaper/standard food.