PDA

View Full Version : Beach Club or Boardwalk in late February

PrincessASquared
06-18-2008, 04:02 PM
We have made our reservations at SSR for Feb 20 - Mar 1st. What are the chances of getting them moved to the BC or BWV at the seven month window? Should I call 180 days from March 1st and change the whole thing at once or call every day starting 180 days from Feb 20th? Thanks.

mjstaceyuofm
06-18-2008, 04:27 PM
Me personally, I'd wait until March 1 to try and do the whole thing. One call and see if it works. The last thing you want is to get all days but one in the middle switched to a different resort. That would stink.

As far as if you'll get in or not, I really don't have a sense of it. February can be fairly busy depending on when you go. I know that particular week is our school district's "mid-winter break". I've been to Disney a few times in February and found it too crowded and cold for my liking. If it is one of those anomalous "crowded" weeks, you may have a hard time finding a room at the Beach Club - then again if it's cold the appeal of Stormalong Bay may not be there driving demand down.

wendy*darling
06-19-2008, 08:33 PM
First of all- 180 days is not the same thing as 7 months. 180 days is 6 months. You can call earlier than that.

Somewhere around the end of July you should be able to call. If you check on the DVC site under My Membership > Vacation Points, you will see for which check out dates you can call for reservations. As you get closer to mid-July, check and see where you are in the countdown.

What I like to do is call on the first possible date and see what the availability is for my whole vacation. If there is plenty of room, I often wait until I can do the whole trip at once. Sometimes I call each day and move one day at a time. It depends. And the DVC CMs are often pretty good at helping you determine the best strategy.

Hope that helps! :mickey:

thumperbug
06-20-2008, 08:08 PM
So Linda (aka Wendy*Darling) are you saying that if I book my home resort 11 months out but call at the 7 month mark I could possibly get the resort I realllllly want? My home resort is SSR but my first choices are WL or BCV. On my last trip I booked SSR at 11 month mark for fear I wouldn't get anything if I waited for the 7 month mark to try for my fav resorts. In the end we really like SSR but on my next trip I would like to stay at OKW or BWV since they require less points. I am at the 8 month mark now actually so I'm thinking I should book my home resort and then try for my top picks in a month. Thoughts?

wendy*darling
06-20-2008, 09:27 PM
We ALWAYS, always book our home resort at 11 months out. :thumbsup:
If we prefer to try for another resort at 7 months- we attempt to move our reservation. If it's not available, at least we have our home resort, and a place to stay!

There are busier times of the year when it is nearly impossible to get into some of the smaller DVC resorts (BCV, VWL, etc)- and it is always best to have a resort booked at the earliest possible moment.