PDA

View Full Version : dinners for week after Christmas

katzctkpt
06-18-2008, 02:50 PM
We will be there the week after Christmas through New Years. Our past travels we have only done reservations for 4 nights out of 6. We've been thinking do we stick with our routine or should we make them for every night? The restaurants we are thinking of are Kona, Coral Reef, Yak & Yeti, and Brown Derby. We like to fly by the seat of our pants and do like a lot of the cs meals just not sure with crowds if we'd prefer a more sit down type for rest since parks will be an all day thing (not leaving for a nap and coming back for fear of not getting back in) What to do???

murphy1
06-19-2008, 09:13 AM
That is the busiest time of year, so if you want any of those, make the res. If you change your mind, just call and cancel it. I generally make three or four res and we do stick to them.

katzctkpt
06-19-2008, 02:07 PM
Thanks for your advice.

MississippiDisneyFreak
06-20-2008, 03:26 PM
I strongly urge you to make those ADRs...we went the week after Christmas in 2005...luckily someone had warned me to make them in advance because there were no openings at anytime for the table service restaurants the whole week

Giselle
06-20-2008, 04:09 PM
I think its good to have some nights when you don't have any reservations. Considering when you are going, you can probably make reservations for that same night if you want to. Also, some QS meals are fun too. Have a great time and pack warm!

Kairi_7378
06-20-2008, 05:09 PM
I think ADR's on 4 of your 6 nights is plenty. Unless you're going to DHS on a non ADR night you'll be able to get some tasty CS meals. If you're concerned about needing some time to cool off, pick CS places that are inside (like Cosmic Rays, the Village House, Columbia Harbor House, etc.)

katzctkpt
06-21-2008, 04:55 PM
We've only been in the months of June July & August. July was really busy and I can't imagine December being any worse. Just with the days being shorter (light) and not knowing the weather has kinda got me for a loop as to what to do. Kinda like the first time jitters. Anyway I think we are definately going to have 4 reservations and cs the remainer.