PDA

View Full Version : Morning EMH and Crowds

Rekenna
06-18-2008, 12:20 PM
Hi everyone!

On our upcoming trip we will have 2 little ones with us. We have never gone to the parks on EMH mornings. From everything I have read it seems that the time (especially for little people) to go to MK-Fantasyland is on EMH mornings.

Can anyone tell me if this is good advice? Is it more crowded on EMH mornings or is it really a good time for short and stinkies to ride Fantasyland rides?

Thanks for your help!:mickey:

JCO
06-18-2008, 12:34 PM
It is usually pretty crowded, so some people choose to avoid it.

But I like being able to get in early and get a few things accomplished.

Some people don't think it's worth dealing with the extra crowds, but you can always start off at the park offering EMH, do what you want to the most at that park, and then head to another park after that.

You'll probably find mixed reactions.

Just don't expect to get everything done just because you're getting there early. Zero in on a handful of things that matter most to you and your family (a few rides in Fantasyland, etc.).

Just keep in mind that a few thousand other people have the same idea! :cool:

KylesMom
06-18-2008, 12:48 PM
We travel to Disney in the summertime, and have found a.m. EMH invaluable to the way we tour.

We can usually knock out several attractions by 9 am, and get our FPs going early. We take advantage of EMH at MK and AK, but usually skip Epcot & DHS.

katzctkpt
06-18-2008, 12:56 PM
For us we generally head to a different park on emh mornings. MK is best to be there right as they open and head directly to fantasyland and ride those 1st. We do that usually on our last day and leave on :cloud9:. That's our disney fix before our trip back to reality (home).

bruin1344
06-18-2008, 01:12 PM
i usually avoid parks that have emh mornings thanks to advice on intercot, also i cant get up that early anyways to go to the parks

Coach48
06-18-2008, 01:18 PM
We love am EMH at MK.Straight thru the gate,head for Dumbo,then Peter Pan.Great head start on the crowd.We usually go Feb-Apr so I don't really have a handle on summer am crowds.Our family are all early risers so it falls right into place for us.

CuteAsMinnie
06-18-2008, 01:47 PM
:mickey:EMH, especially at MK and especially with little ones is the single best event in all of WDW in my opinion!:cloud9: There is absolutely nothing like entering a practically empty park (assuming you get there early enough) and riding all of the Fantasyland rides, and some others, first thing in the morning while it is quiet. We do this every trip and even now with our kids being 12 and 15!:mickey:

Yes the park will get crowded mid day as usual, but that is the perfect time anyway to go back to your resort to rest and relax.:thumbsup::marg:

Another special treat is this... On a NON-EMH day, make Crystal Palace reses as early as possible ( Can someone confirm that 8:00 a.m. is the earliest??) It truly is a special feeling to enter a completely deserted Main Street, enjoying the peacefulness of it all. Enjoy your breakfast with Pooh and friends and then head to Fantasyland. Even if you don't get to Fantasyland right when it opens, it will be close enough and still pretty quiet.

Enjoy!!!!!!:mickey:

Coach48
06-18-2008, 01:55 PM
:mickey:EMH, especially at MK and especially with little ones is the single best event in all of WDW in my opinion!:cloud9: There is absolutely nothing like entering a practically empty park (assuming you get there early enough) and riding all of the Fantasyland rides, and some others, first thing in the morning while it is quiet. We do this every trip and even now with our kids being 12 and 15!:mickey:

Yes the park will get crowded mid day as usual, but that is the perfect time anyway to go back to your resort to rest and relax.:thumbsup::marg:

Another special treat is this... On a NON-EMH day, make Crystal Palace reses as early as possible ( Can someone confirm that 8:00 a.m. is the earliest??) It truly is a special feeling to enter a completely deserted Main Street, enjoying the peacefulness of it all. Enjoy your breakfast with Pooh and friends and then head to Fantasyland. Even if you don't get to Fantasyland right when it opens, it will be close enough and still pretty quiet.

Enjoy!!!!!!:mickey:
It really is funny to see someone with exactly the same mindset as your own.We did it exactly that way in Feb 08.8am Pooh bkfst after the walk down a deserted Main St.then straight to Fantasyland with hardly any crowds.My kids are almost 7 ,5 and 9mos. so an early start with a midday break is perfect.

murphy1
06-18-2008, 02:08 PM
We also love EMH especially at MK. You also have to figure some people want to go on stuff in Tomorrowland, so not everyone is going to FL, mostly those with little ones like all of us.