PDA

View Full Version : Epcot Meet - August 15

kakn7294
06-18-2008, 09:27 AM
Because several folks couldn't make it to our first scheduled mini-meet, we've come up with a second date. It will be Friday, August 15 at 2 pm at Epcot's Kringla Bakeri og Cafe in Norway. We'll meet right outside the doors and whomever wants a treat can grab one. We can hang at the tables chat for a while or we can hit the Maelstrom - hopefully we've got enough people coming that we will need several boats!!! So far the list of people who are coming include:

kakn7294
dolphinmickey9170
Castlelady36
mouseketeer mom
disneymom15 (?)
MainStreetJim and DGF Donna (?)
Lorraine444 (?)
grego77 (?)

If you are interested, please join us. You can let us know in advance by posting here or PM'ing me or you can just show up! I'll update the list as people post. Hope to see you there!!!

disneymom15
06-18-2008, 09:54 AM
I'll write the date and time down, if possible I'll be there. It would be nice to finally put a face to the name.

kakn7294
06-18-2008, 10:47 AM
I'll write the date and time down, if possible I'll be there. It would be nice to finally put a face to the name.I'll add you to our list with a ? behind your name. I hope you can make it!

dolphinmickey9170
06-18-2008, 01:36 PM
You know I'll be there!! Maybe we can still talk John and Karen into it.....SW posted some really awesome ding fares for $37. WOOHOO.

John, you interested? $37 is cheap baby!! These were MHT to BWI, you could fly to my house, then drive from there? Come on...you know you wanna!:)

kakn7294
06-18-2008, 01:40 PM
You know I'll be there!! Maybe we can still talk John and Karen into it.....SW posted some really awesome ding fares for $37. WOOHOO.

John, you interested? $37 is cheap baby!! These were MHT to BWI, you could fly to my house, then drive from there? Come on...you know you wanna!:)You know I'd love to have them join us! I got an AP rate at CSR for $99 per night! Come on John! Stop feeding those kids and come to WDW with us!

dolphinmickey9170
06-18-2008, 01:49 PM
You know I'd love to have them join us! I got an AP rate at CSR for $99 per night! Come on John! Stop feeding those kids and come to WDW with us!

When did you do that? That is so awesome, congratulations!!:cloud9::mickey:

kakn7294
06-18-2008, 01:56 PM
Just this morning. I woke up to an e-mail from Karen at MJ and before 9:30 am, it was all taken care of. I'm buying my AP's next week and I'll also be getting the DDE card.

dolphinmickey9170
06-18-2008, 01:58 PM
Just this morning. I woke up to an e-mail from Karen at MJ and before 9:30 am, it was all taken care of. I'm buying my AP's next week and I'll also be getting the DDE card.

WOWOW!!!! I am so excited for you guys. That RAWKS!!:number1: Gotta love those MJ ladies. They are awesome!! Maybe J&K could do the same thing?

kakn7294
06-18-2008, 02:02 PM
WOWOW!!!! I am so excited for you guys. That RAWKS!!:number1: Gotta love those MJ ladies. They are awesome!! Maybe J&K could do the same thing?Yeah, it's totally awesome! Call John and Karen and work on them!

dolphinmickey9170
06-24-2008, 07:25 PM
John....did you see the AP rates for August? Hmm, maybe you can work something out? Just upgrade your tickets, I saw some good fares for SW from MHT to MCO. :D:beer: That new back porch/deck can wait til next summer right?:thedolls:

dolphinmickey9170
07-03-2008, 04:44 PM
Okay....so what are we going to do? Ride Maelstrom? Have a :beer:? or :beer::beer:?

You know....that Viking Coffee is VERY STRONG!! It is a small, maybe 5 oz cup and it is half alcohol half coffee. The alcohol is bailey's and kahlua. Both delicious, but very strong.

How about a sweet almond pretzel?

CaptainJessicaSparrow
07-03-2008, 05:31 PM
I'd like to try those dangerous margaritas at Mexico. But I also like the Kaki-Goris from Japan! But I'm not picky!

AuntDJ
07-03-2008, 09:27 PM
Ya'll know I would love to join ya...but alas I just returned and started a new job, so it was not meant to be...

As a side, Iooked for Capt. Jessica but it was super crowded and I didn't realize how big the Emporium was as well as looking for a Jessica in glasses and hanging onto a 7 year old...ugh! I hated that I missed her though....

have fun!
DJ

CaptainJessicaSparrow
07-03-2008, 11:34 PM
Lol, everyone forgets that the Emporium is the second largest store. We run the entire length of Main Street.

dolphinmickey9170
07-15-2008, 10:23 PM
Lol, everyone forgets that the Emporium is the second largest store. We run the entire length of Main Street.

But Jessica.....you aren't in the Emporium anymore....how am I going to find you? hahahhahahahaha....I'll be calling you...ring ring, are you there? Hello? Hello?!? Are there any aminals in here?

25 more days!!

CaptainJessicaSparrow
07-16-2008, 10:04 AM
Well, you can probably find me at JC if you time it right!

I'll be training on the 10th and since that's near the end of my training, I *should* be on the boat.

Or you could call.

dolphinmickey9170
07-16-2008, 10:03 PM
Well, you can probably find me at JC if you time it right!

I'll be training on the 10th and since that's near the end of my training, I *should* be on the boat.

Or you could call.

Well then....I'll be calling!! Can you be my skipper? PLEASE!!:mickey:

CaptainJessicaSparrow
07-16-2008, 10:58 PM
If I'm on the boat, just request for me at the queue line and they should put you off to the side until I come around. I can text you and let you know if I am on the boat that day or not.

When it gets closer, I'll let you know.

mouseketeer mom
07-17-2008, 07:20 AM
Jessica,
Will you be on the boat the 13th or 14th of August?? Should we just ask for Jessica's boat?:) Lisa

CaptainJessicaSparrow
07-17-2008, 08:42 AM
Negative. I will be off those days - it's because I am training for those days that I have my schedule so far out and they can only train me on the weekends due to my availability.

mouseketeer mom
07-17-2008, 10:21 PM
Booooooooo! Oh that would've been a fun way to meet! We love the Jungle Cruise!

dolphinmickey9170
07-18-2008, 03:49 PM
If I'm on the boat, just request for me at the queue line and they should put you off to the side until I come around. I can text you and let you know if I am on the boat that day or not.

When it gets closer, I'll let you know.

What time are you working? We have dinner ressies in Epcot that evening, and we have our mini meet at 2pm in Epcot as well. If you are working morning.....I'll be there hunting you down!! Will they know who Jessica Sparrow is? I'm sending you a email now!!

CaptainJessicaSparrow
07-18-2008, 08:09 PM
On the 15th? I won't be there. Lol. I am there the 10th and the 18th. The 15th is a convention though, so I'll be busy that day.

grego77
07-24-2008, 04:04 PM
You can preliminarily count me in for the meet on the 15th. My hope is that I will be down Aug 14-17 or 13-16. I should know by next week! :mickey:

kakn7294
07-24-2008, 05:53 PM
You can preliminarily count me in for the meet on the 15th. My hope is that I will be down Aug 14-17 or 13-16. I should know by next week! :mickey:I'll add you to the list!

dolphinmickey9170
07-24-2008, 08:49 PM
You can preliminarily count me in for the meet on the 15th. My hope is that I will be down Aug 14-17 or 13-16. I should know by next week! :mickey:

:mickey:WOOHOO!!!!!!!:mickey:

16 more days, Kathy! YIPPIE!:cloud9:

grego77
07-28-2008, 08:28 AM
I will be coming down to WDW August 12-14 at Animal Kingdom Lodge. This means I will be unable to attend the meet on the 15th. However, if anyone is up for a mini-golf meet on the 13th at night, or an extra magic hour Magic Kingdom morning meet on the 14th, definitely let me know!

Can't wait! :mickey:

dolphinmickey9170
07-29-2008, 05:24 PM
I will be coming down to WDW August 12-14 at Animal Kingdom Lodge. This means I will be unable to attend the meet on the 15th. However, if anyone is up for a mini-golf meet on the 13th at night, or an extra magic hour Magic Kingdom morning meet on the 14th, definitely let me know!

Can't wait! :mickey:

Hey Greg, we can make other arrangements with you for another day. We will have to see what happens.

grego77
07-30-2008, 09:57 PM
Hey Greg, we can make other arrangements with you for another day. We will have to see what happens.
sounds great. I would love to meet you both. Keep me posted! :thumbsup:

kakn7294
07-31-2008, 12:58 AM
We'll be at DHS on 8/12, MK on 8/13, and AK & DHS or who knows where else on 8/14. I think Kristen's plans are similar. I think they are doing part of 8/12 at DHS and I know she's doing MK on 8/13 with us. On 8/14 they have an open day.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
07-31-2008, 01:34 AM
I might join you folks on one of those days. I'm really bored right now with no school and little work. So if everything is set for the con, I'll probably come out and hang since I wouldn't want to be home all day and night again.

Bethanymouse
07-31-2008, 01:41 AM
Is there a mini meet in Epcot for earlier in the month?

grego77
07-31-2008, 08:56 AM
We'll be at DHS on 8/12, MK on 8/13, and AK & DHS or who knows where else on 8/14. I think Kristen's plans are similar. I think they are doing part of 8/12 at DHS and I know she's doing MK on 8/13 with us. On 8/14 they have an open day.
My schedule is open for right now. Tentatively, I have MK scheduled on the 14th and AK on the 13th because of early EMH. But me being a crazy park hopper, I'll probably only spend a few hours at each park there in the morning. I can definitely meet at MK on the 13th in the evening as it is open until 11pm (maybe a SpectroMagic/Wishes/late Fantasyland rides meet?), or at DHS late morning maybe on the 14th (as I will probably want to go there after MK to get on Toy Story again!). <-----That would be a fun meet, waiting in line for Toy Story! Another option, as I booked with Disney, is I have a free round of mini-golf...so if you were up/anyone were up to having a Fantasia Mini-Golf meet sometime during those few days that would be fun too. So there's a lot of options there. Let me know. :mickey:

dolphinmickey9170
07-31-2008, 07:22 PM

That's correct, Kathy. The 12th, DHS with Sci Fi dinner; The 13th MK with 1900 breakfast and maybe ??Crystal Palace dinner?? (If we don't cancel and do QS instead) I really enjoy the evening EMH, since Epcot is the 12th and DHS is the 13th, we will probably hit both of those. The 14th, we have 10am bkfst at O'Hana, and 530 dinner at Cape May (both meals with Will, Shannon, Keegan and family) then I belive we are going to the Adventurer's Club.

I might join you folks on one of those days. I'm really bored right now with no school and little work. So if everything is set for the con, I'll probably come out and hang since I wouldn't want to be home all day and night again.

Oh please Jessica, meet with us!!! You know you wanna!! I would love to go on some attractions with you and hear your perspective. What day, again, are you working? Is it the 10th or the 11th? I forgot. I hope to catch you on the JC. I also really need to do it at night. I hear the speil is a bit different.:cool:

Is there a mini meet in Epcot for earlier in the month?

Beth, the only mini meets we have going are for the 11th and 15th. If there are others, I'm not aware of them. I sure hope to meet you this trip, I've been following your wedding thread and I am so excited for you.:cloud9:

My schedule is open for right now. Tentatively, I have MK scheduled on the 14th and AK on the 13th because of early EMH. But me being a crazy park hopper, I'll probably only spend a few hours at each park there in the morning. I can definitely meet at MK on the 13th in the evening as it is open until 11pm (maybe a SpectroMagic/Wishes/late Fantasyland rides meet?), or at DHS late morning maybe on the 14th (as I will probably want to go there after MK to get on Toy Story again!). <-----That would be a fun meet, waiting in line for Toy Story! Another option, as I booked with Disney, is I have a free round of mini-golf...so if you were up/anyone were up to having a Fantasia Mini-Golf meet sometime during those few days that would be fun too. So there's a lot of options there. Let me know. :mickey:

Greg, I would be willing to give up my DHS EMH on the 13th for a MK meet with you. Just let us know what you would like. We only have 9 days left until we go. If you would like, we can exchance cell numbers. Just PM me if you wish.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
07-31-2008, 09:53 PM
I work the 10th but it's a day shift and I'll still be training. So I will be on the boat for part of it. But you can come find me! I might also be on parade route, doing PAC.

dolphinmickey9170
07-31-2008, 10:09 PM
I work the 10th but it's a day shift and I'll still be training. So I will be on the boat for part of it. But you can come find me! I might also be on parade route, doing PAC.

PAC?? Huh??:confused: You know how easily I get confused.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
07-31-2008, 11:18 PM
PAC = Parade Audience Control

Meaning, the poor person who will get screamed at for saying, "Please stand between the ropes and behind the tape line. No, the other side of the tape line. No, your whole body has to be on the other side of the tape. That tape. Right there. Good. Thank you."

But hey, I get paid for and hour and half to stand in the hot sun, playing with kids and watching the parade.

kakn7294
07-31-2008, 11:26 PM
PAC?? Huh??:confused: You know how easily I get confused.Glad you asked, I didn't want to sound stupid! :blush:

grego77
08-01-2008, 12:19 AM
I just started a MK Aug 13th thread...check it out. :mickey:

Lorraine444
08-01-2008, 02:29 AM
Oh lordy, you guys are confusing me.....:confused:
When you finalize your plans someone let me know what they are & hopefully I'll end up stopping by.:cool:
My head is spinning from everything else, I haven't even started packing yet, and I leave on Tuesday??? I'm not sure why I'm doing this.
Thanks,I must z out now.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
08-01-2008, 09:32 AM
Lorraine, it looks like there is a meet at Epcot on Monday, the 11th and again on Friday the 15th.

Grego has started another mini-meet, I think on the 13th at MK.

Lorraine444
08-01-2008, 02:35 PM
Ok then. I'll write those dates times, & places down, I'll be in Disney for both of them. I'm hoping for at least one of the days I'll be around...
See you all there:thumbsup:

dolphinmickey9170
08-01-2008, 08:58 PM
Glad you asked, I didn't want to sound stupid! :blush:

Uh.hum....are we insinuating something? Or am I just too stupid?:D HAHAHA!

:blush::blush: I had no idea what that meant. :blush::blush:

So Jessica, you will pretty much be doing what the two we had at our last meet were doing. I can't recall their names. A very nice female and a very happy male. Do you remember their names? I would have to pull up the video, as I did chat with both of them on camera!:blush:

mouseketeer mom
08-01-2008, 09:58 PM
There's a whole lot of meeting happening this week!!! I have to figure out all of these times and places to see how it all plays out!! I thought figuring out dining and park hours and EMH's was tricky sometimes...now I need a spreadsheet for these meets!!:mickey: Ha Ha!

CaptainJessicaSparrow
08-01-2008, 10:53 PM
The woman was Jami, and I can't remember the man. I saw Jami backstage when I was still at Emp, and I said told her about the stroller accident. She laughed.

dolphinmickey9170
08-02-2008, 08:50 PM
The woman was Jami, and I can't remember the man. I saw Jami backstage when I was still at Emp, and I said told her about the stroller accident. She laughed.

Jami was rockin'!! The gentleman was Brandon...he was so concerned that I was going to put him on the internet. He was too funny!!

dolphinmickey9170
08-02-2008, 09:04 PM
There's a whole lot of meeting happening this week!!! I have to figure out all of these times and places to see how it all plays out!! I thought figuring out dining and park hours and EMH's was tricky sometimes...now I need a spreadsheet for these meets!!:mickey: Ha Ha!

Don't laugh...you haven't seen my spreadsheet, yet!

MickeyChick
08-19-2008, 01:49 PM
I'm so glad I stumbled on your guys! I never check this section of the boards or I'd have planned it better.

:mickey:

kakn7294
08-19-2008, 03:43 PM
I'm so glad I stumbled on your guys! I never check this section of the boards or I'd have planned it better.

:mickey:It was great meeting you last week! We're glad you just stumbled upon us!

dolphinmickey9170
08-20-2008, 01:14 PM

:mickey:

I'm glad you stumbled upon us as well. Hopefully we can plan another meet in the future.:mickey: