PDA

View Full Version : DL in OCT?

maizey05
06-18-2008, 12:22 AM
DH and I would like to plan a trip for Sept 30-Oct 5th. How is attendance in the park then? I know DL is always busy, but when is it the least busy? We will be bringing DS (20months then), for his first DL vacation. Any advice for us?

NotaGeek
06-18-2008, 01:29 AM
Disneyland Crowd Estimator (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=115765)

That falls right in the middle of Gay Days for Disneyland ... and if you want low crowds, that's not the week to choose. It will be PACKED! The weekend after should be much less crowded, keep in mind that Monday-Thursday are very low crowds during that time of the year, but fireworks usually only happen on Friday-Sunday. Be sure and check the official DL calendar or the INTERCOT DL Calender under the DL Parks thread.

Good luck! :mickey:

tinkwest
06-18-2008, 11:42 AM
Yes, those days may be crowded. The newness of Haunted Mansion Holiday, which should be opening the weekend prior, plus the draw of Gay Days will probably bring in quite a few people. I think mid October is a great time to visit, if you can bump your trip a week. :pumpkin:

MatterhornMiss
06-18-2008, 12:56 PM
Mid-week in September and October is, I think, the best time to visit DLR (assuming there is no special event going on, which it sounds like during the dates you chose there is). Crowds are minimal during the week, but the weather is very nice. Good luck!

maizey05
06-20-2008, 01:01 AM
I've decided to go later in Oct. as I had forgot about the Gay Day crowds. Will DL be packed pretty much all through Oct, due to the Halloween party there?

NotaGeek
06-20-2008, 01:10 AM
Midweeks are not busy. Weekends are usually always busy. The Halloween events are located at DCA after hours, so except for the actual Oct. 31, IMO it won't affect park attendance as much as the Nightmare Haunted Mansion will.

In all, October is a great time to visit.

Aisling
06-20-2008, 10:12 PM
The parks won't be too crowded when you go - maybe 20 minute lines for most of the rides. Nemo will probably be longer and don't forget about fastpasses. We've gone just about every day in October and it's never a crowd issue. I love the parks in October because they have all the fall/halloween decorations out. Another bonus of October is you are pretty much going to have perfect weather. Cool, sunny days. You might get some rain, but that's pretty rare.

BklynChick
06-20-2008, 10:40 PM
We were at DL last October and noticed higher crowds than on my previous October trips. DL is really playing up the "HalloweenTime" concept. Monday through Thursday are good, early Friday is OK (esp if you're on the left side of the park) but mid Friday - Sunday can be a nightmare. If you want to see the fireworks / Fantasmic, be prepared to find a spot early, or else see if you can spring for the Fantasmic priority seating. For us it was worth every penny.

MatterhornMiss
06-21-2008, 09:44 PM
\DL is really playing up the "HalloweenTime" concept.

True--they really like to make a big deal out of that whole Jack Skellington thing at the Haunted Mansion (even though it is open through Christmas). Yet I went on Halloween one year and there wasn't anything special going on--the Trick or Treat Party happened before Halloween. More goes on for Christmas. Still, going during the week will be fine because all the SoCal residents will be at school/work.