PDA

View Full Version : America Pavillion Food at Epcot

julyjewel
06-17-2008, 07:07 PM
I know that there have been many posts on here about this subjects. I think the America Pavillion in Epcot should not just be burgers, fries and chicken. They should have BBQ and many other things that you could find throughout our nations diners.

I guess I have been watching too Food Network's Diners, Dives and Drive In's. That and they should add a candy shop with America's favorite candies, especially from our childhood. I guess I have been watching too much "Unwrapped" as well. :mickey:

cinderellagrl
06-18-2008, 01:49 AM
oh my.... BBQ would be good! Why not represent the REAL AMERICA! So much yummy food! It is embarrassing how under-represented our food options are. The candy idea would be wonderful, but even better yet would be an american bakery! Apple pie, oh my!!

julyjewel
06-26-2008, 02:32 PM
Do you mean to tell me that everyone likes how American food is represented at Epcot? I'm surprised, actually.:confused:

TIGGER17179
06-26-2008, 03:28 PM
I like the food but more choices would be great! We have some much to choose from and I don't know that I like it not being as fancy as the other countries places to eat.
You look at the pavilion and then you see Mexico with the cool atmosphere - as well as the other countries...

Pastcastmemberdaughter
06-26-2008, 03:41 PM
I 100% agree with you. I think a better representation of America's food would be great. It's a shame they have a beautiful building and show with so much history and knowledge and then it like BLAH with the food. Other people from other countries coming to visit EPCOT would probably enjoy more trying more traditional American meals like meatloaf, mashed potatoes, ribs, stews things like that. YUMMY! :eat:

Marceline
06-26-2008, 04:13 PM
There certainly needs to be a TS option at the American pavilion and I am always surprised that there isn't. LTT is a really great example of traditional Americana fare....maybe Disney figures that genre is covered?

America has so many diverse regional and ethnic cuisines it would be hard to represent our melting pot in one establishment.

But it would surely be nice if they tried. I agree BBQ would be great but whose BBQ???? Memphis style, Texas style or KC style?

Pastcastmemberdaughter
06-26-2008, 04:30 PM
But it would surely be nice if they tried. I agree BBQ would be great but whose BBQ???? Memphis style, Texas style or KC style?

Ahhh who cares, it's all good. :D
:mickey:

SgtTigger
06-26-2008, 07:56 PM
You know sometimes they do have a BBQ sandwich there some times.... I know they have had it in the past....

:cop: :tigger:

ElenitaB
06-26-2008, 08:23 PM
I totally agree with you! (And, yes, I watch waaaaaay tooooo much Food Network as well.) You can get the "typical" fare at the front of the park. I'd love to see them add something else... maybe dishes from different parts of the country. I'm sure that there are limitations imposed by the kitchen equipment installed there, but they definitely could come up with something more innovative than burgers, chicken nuggets (lamenting the loss of the chicken strips), and fries.

Figment52
06-26-2008, 08:24 PM
I agree! I've always wished they would have good regional American food - southern soulfood, California cuisine, coastal New England seafood, Midwest American, etc. DD was recently in Charleston, and she tells me the lowcountry cooking was fabulous!

I realize the huge melting pot of America might make it difficult, but there are some MUCH better representations of American food than hot dogs, hamburgers, and chicken strips. Unfortunatly, I think the image of American food many foreigner's get is just that.

Crow
06-26-2008, 10:49 PM
I wish they would have something more also. Ive never eaten there nor do i really desire to.
too many other places to try.
even if they do have Sam Adams:beer:

Georgesgirl1
06-29-2008, 04:50 PM
I'm with Crow.
In all my many trips to Epcot I have never even considered eating at the American Pavilion. Maybe some other items like New England Chowder, BBQ, etc may make me reconsider. To me the lines are so long to just get a hambuger when I can go a little farther and have great Japanese, Mexican or Moroccan food!

Gator
06-29-2008, 06:14 PM
I'd love it if they had Tri-Tip sandwiches. Nothing's more American than a slab of beef on a roll. And throw in some onion rings, too. Ooooh, that would be good.

wendy*darling
06-29-2008, 07:08 PM
I'd love it if they had Tri-Tip sandwiches.
What are tri-tip sandwiches? I have never heard of these. :confused:

I think one of the problems with representing America in food is that there are so many options- since after all, we are the melting pot of the world!

I think the rest of Disney World allows for a huge variety of "American" foods- in all 4 parks, the resorts, etc.
I actually agree with the decision to keep the Liberty Inn low key and not the star of World Showcase. It challenges us all to step into another culture and expand our palates just a bit.

Jeri Lynn
06-29-2008, 08:30 PM
I wish they had a nice sit down restaurant at the American Pavillion...maybe offering food choices from all different parts of the US.

The food offered there is something I could get at home in any other fast food restaurant.