PDA

View Full Version : ADR's 180 + 10 when confirmation number will change

lilunsure
06-17-2008, 03:12 PM
Hi -

When you are staying on site and you make your ADR’s for 180 + 10 and you give your confirmation number are your ADR’s tied to your confirmation number? The reason I ask this is we are planning a trip for January 2009 and will be staying on site. I have read that packages are usually released sometime in August. My 180 day mark would be in July. I was told that if I book a room only reservation now then I would need to cancel and re-book a package when they are released. If I do this would canceling my original reservation cancel all of the ADR’s since I gave my original reservation number when I made them? I’m trying to find out if I’m going to be able to do the 180 +10 or if I’m going to have to call every day to secure my reservations at the 180 day mark tying back to a phone number rather than a reservation number.

Thanks!

KylesMom
06-17-2008, 05:21 PM
Typically your ADRs will be tied to your home (or cell) phone number. Where you are asked to provide your phone number or reservation number at the beginning of the call, I always give my home phone number. You'll still need to give your resort name and ressie number for the 180+10, but if you initially set it up for your phone #, you won't have to worry about it. I honestly don't know if you could book it against your ressie number . . .

We originally booked a AAA room-only ressie through MJ, and that ressie number changed recently when we took advantage of A/P rates. I know my ADRs are safe, though!

ElenitaB
06-17-2008, 05:48 PM
As a DVC member, I never use our room reservation number for our ADRS; I use our home phone number instead. I've never had to call day by day, and have been able to take advantage of the 180+10 "rule."

To put your mind at ease, you could call, explain your situation and ask (that's what I'd do).

lilunsure
06-17-2008, 08:56 PM
Thank you both! I will try an call Disney tomorrow and see what they say. Maybe I'll try and call them a couple of times because there seems to some confusion among some cast members as to what is allowable and what is not.

TheDuckRocks
06-18-2008, 11:08 AM
When I called yesterday the resort reservation confirmation number was just asked for to verify that we did have one so I could use the 180+10 days. The ADRs were secured and on file with our phone number and name.

MsMin
06-18-2008, 11:32 AM
In 2006, before DVC, I switched our ressies b/c of a pkg deal that came out. I saved $253 and my ADR's were not affected. As mentioned, it was based on my phone #. I don't know if the system replaces the ressie#'s and or what but I didn't have a problem. I agree, do ask ask ask....

SurferStitch
06-18-2008, 12:16 PM
Thank you both! I will try an call Disney tomorrow and see what they say. Maybe I'll try and call them a couple of times because there seems to some confusion among some cast members as to what is allowable and what is not.

I can help with this, because I had the same exact thing happen with our ressie.

I booked our October ADR's before we went on our May trip this year. During that trip, I took advantage of their bounce back offer for October. I had to cancel our ressie and rebook under a new ressie for the discount.

I then called Disney Dining to confirm that this wouldn't affect my ADR's, and they confirmed it would not affect them. I figured this was the case, but my dear DH put that bug in my ear, and made me second guess my assumption.

So, your ADR's are not tied to your room/package ressie number at all. You'll be fine. The ressie number they ask for is strictly so you can do the 180 +10 dining ADR's. I mean, you could use your ressie number to track all ADR's if you didn't use your phone number, but if you change your ressie number to a new one, all you would have to do is give the old ressie number to get access to your ADR's over the phone.

MatterhornMiss
06-20-2008, 02:51 PM
I'm glad someone else asked this question because I had it myself. I just joined the DVC:party2: and am going to be changing my reservations/reservation number, though for the same dates in September.