PDA

View Full Version : Best restaurant at EPCOT?

Queen Stephanie
06-17-2008, 12:43 AM
We are going to EPCOT this summer and we need some advice where to dine. We haven't been in several years and have only dined at Garden Grill and Coral Reef. Please give me some suggestions on where to dine and things to do! Thanks...Queen

SBETigg
06-17-2008, 07:19 AM
There are several really good choices in World Showcase, depending on what you like. Some highlights:

-The ever-popular Le Cellier is set up like a Canadian wine cellar and serves steak, salmon, etc. The food is very good.

-Rose & Crown has a fun, traditional pub atmosphere, with decent food, especially good bangers and mash, and friendly service.

-Chefs de France is bright, cafe-like, with French specialties. When it's good, it's very good, but it is often inconsistent with food and service.

-Restaurant Marrakesh has Moroccan-inspired dishes (flavorful, not hot-spicy) with belly-dancing and light entertainment. It's a little different and one of my favorites.

-Japan has two good choices. Teppan Edo is a hibachi style steakhouse. Great if you haven't had this experience, but skippable if you have decent hibachi style at home. Tokyo Dining has sushi, tempura, and other Japanese style dining.

-Italy has a new offering, Tutto Italia, to replace Alfredo's. I haven't tried it but it gets decent reviews, though it is reportedly a little pricey.

-Germany's Biergartenoffers a buffet of traditional favorites (on the heavy side, lots of sausages, potato salads, and spaetzels) served in a quaint Bavarian village setting with an oompah band to add to the good time.

-China has a restaurant, Nine Dragons, but I haven't tried it as it consistently rates on par with Chinese dining at home.

-Norway, Akershus, features character dining with the princesses. Not celebrated for the food, more for the character experience.

-Mexico's San Angel Inn has amazing atmosphere, and I enjoy the food, but it gets a lot of criticism for close tables, inconsistent food quality and service.

My personal picks would be Le Cellier, Rose & Crown, or Marrakesh for dinner. Shopping around World Showcase is a lot of fun, and it's also fun to skip a formal meal and snack and drink your way around the World. It can take longer than you imagine to make your way around, so if time is short, choose to stop at a few key countries instead of trying to see everything. Don't miss the Maelstrom in Norway and the Gran Fiesta boat ride in Mexico is a relaxing, cool little ride. I would also make time for Future World, especially Soarin'.

azcavalier
06-17-2008, 11:35 AM
My family enjoys going to Akershus (Norway). The food is actually pretty good, and they have a good salad/appetizer course bar while you're waiting for your main course.

We also love going to Teppan Edo's (Japan) teppanyaki restaurant. The kids love the little show that the chef's always do when they're cooking (though it's the same show for pretty much every table, every time you go). Personally, I just love that style of food.

We hated (I can't put this strongly enough) the German Biergarten. But hey, German food is not our thing.

We also were not impressed with Marrakesh. We had reservations once to Teppan Edo, but they closed it for renovations, and when the Disney Dining people called us up to tell us that they had to cancel, the only other place available was Marrakesh (that should tell you something). So we set up the reservation. It was OK, but not great (though the belly dancing was fun). We just didn't care for the spices that they use. I did like the Baklava, though.

We've only had lunch at the Mexican and French pavilions. We did do the table service lunch at the Chefs de France, and I would love to go back. Apparently my DW (who makes all of the dining reservations) wasn't as impressed as I was.

Rose and Crown was good, we'll do it again.

However, after it's all said and done, our favorite restaurant at Epcot is still the Coral Reef. After having eaten there multiple times as well as Le Cellier, we prefer the Coral Reef (but Le Cellier is a close second).

SurferStitch
06-17-2008, 12:21 PM
I'm torn between Le Cellier and Teppan Edo as my favorite. Both have excellent food that's always prepared perfectly. They also have excellent service. But...Le Cellier has the cheese soup and Trois Pistoles, so I think that one wins.

Another favorite of ours is Nine Dragons in China. Again, our food is always top notch...definitely a step above your standard Chinese food at home (and we have quite a few Chinese places where we live). The service is always friendly and efficient.

We were terribly disappointed in Le Chefs de France....food was the worst we've ever had in WDW. We also aren't fond of Mexico.

We are trying the Rose and Crown for the first time in October, and are looking forward to it, along with our regular Le Cellier and Teppan Edo ADR's. :thumbsup:

jonahbear2006
06-17-2008, 12:23 PM
Akershus!!!!!

Figment78
06-17-2008, 12:49 PM
You're going to get all sorts of reviews for each of the restaurants from this board. We all like, love and hate different ones! That being said, here are my 2cents:

My favorites (in order):
1. Le Cellier - excellent food, good atmosphere
2. San Angel Inn - great atmosphere, good food
3. Marrakesh - very underrated - delish food, fun and unique atmosphere
4. Chefs de France & Bistro de Paris - mmmmm

I've not eaten at the restaurants in:
China - would like to try it but will be closed our next trip
Japan
UK
Norway
Germany
the New Italy restaurant (I loved Alfredo's though) - we're trying this next trip

ThanxForNoticin
06-17-2008, 12:51 PM
Well, there are more than a dozen quality restaurants in EPCOT, so you'll probably get dozens and dozens of opinions! I think the long summary post above is excellent. Our personal favorites are Teppan Edo (Japan) and Le Cellier (Canada). Enjoy!

bruin1344
06-17-2008, 01:20 PM
My favorites are Rose & Crown and Teppan Edo, never tried LeCellier, any of future world restaurants, Mexico restaurant or the new Italy restaurant, i like all the other countries restaurants that ive tried except france

Pigtunia
06-17-2008, 02:00 PM
Le Cellier is my favourite, but is quite hard to get into nowadays.

San Angel Inn is very good for food, the atmosphere is interesting, but yes the tables are close together and the service can be iffy.

Rose and Crown gives a good pub experience and the fish n chips is quite authentic and good.

Marrekesh can be a lot of fun, but the food (the combination of sweet and spice) isn't for everyone.

If you like meat and beer, and Oktoberfest bands, then Beirgarten is fun.

Its really a shame that Coral Reef went so far downhill (compared to what it was) -- it used to be magical, now it's just a noisy Red Lobster with average food at best and a really big fish tank. :pout:

Queen Stephanie
06-17-2008, 02:22 PM
Thanks guys for all the reviews...wow...I'm a little confused, but I am narrowing the choices down and will converse with dear family! I will let you know where go and how is was when we get back. Thanks :rocks:

henry.james.s
06-17-2008, 06:29 PM
What you may also think of is that World Showcase is just a short boat ride or walk from the Boardwalk.
Of eateries there The Flying Fish is INCREDIBLE!! Second only IMO to The California Grill for best at WDW.
But if you want to stick to Epcot..Tepan Edo gets my vote hands down with Tokyo Dining (in the same building) a close 2nd.
The service in all mentioned is 1st class.