PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for Breakfast at DLR

Closet Disney Fan
06-16-2008, 09:20 PM
Hey everyone I was just wondering what you had heard or experienced at Cafe Orleans for breakfast, Carnation Cafe for breakfast, or Storyteller Cafe ? I am going to DLR in August and my girfriend and I are trying to find something new to do on our trip and we were hoping for some input on these places.:balloon:

NotaGeek
06-17-2008, 12:09 AM
Hey everyone I was just wondering what you had heard or experienced at Cafe Orleans for breakfast, Carnation Cafe for breakfast, or Storyteller Cafe ? I am going to DLR in August and my girfriend and I are trying to find something new to do on our trip and we were hoping for some input on these places.:balloon:

:welcome: to INTERCOT!

I have done all 2 pf the 3 for breakfast (never Cafe Orleans), and they are great. The best breakfast at DLR, IMO, is Steakhouse 55 at the Disneyland Hotel. Carnation Cafe is the best breakfast in Disneyland ... great people watching and the Croissant Benedict ROCKS.

I believe that Storytellers is a buffet only a breakfast (can't remember for sure) ... but if you are up to a character meal Goofy's Kitchen is great.

IMO, the best counter service breakfast is Tomorrowland Terrace ... good food and very cost effective for what you get!

I am moving this over to your own thread so you can get some good hints ...

HndrdPrcnt
06-17-2008, 12:22 AM
I would also recommend Goofy's Kitchen. It is so much fun getting up with the characters to do the Macarena and the food is quite delicious as well!! Give it a go, I don' t think that you will be dissatisfied!

disneydrmr
06-17-2008, 10:55 AM
I did the Storyteller's back in November and LOVED it! It's a character meal (Koda, Kenai, Brer Fox, Meeko where there when we went). It does have a buffet but you are able to order off the menu also. Food was wonderful (we ordered off the menu) and awesome portions! The atmosphere is great - western, really cool place! Character interaction was great too! It's one we would do again and again!

Belle619
06-27-2008, 10:21 AM
I've done Storyteller's twice - both time wwe were just two adults - and we LOVED it!!! I'm a huge Chip and Dale fan, so that was why I chose it the first time, but let me say that the food was the reason we went back. You can do the menu or the buffet (the buffet was fantastic.)

We've also done Goofy's Kitchen, which was nice, but more high energy than Storyteller's. Still, a very good food selection.

Carol
06-29-2008, 09:03 AM
I agree with Michael. Go to Steakhouse 55 for breakfast - especially if it is for just you and your girlfriend.

The restaurant is amazing. You'll feel so special! Not to mention - the food and service is fantastic!!

Marla
07-06-2008, 12:16 PM
I have had the pleasure of eating at every restaurant in the DLR except Napa Rose (which is not open for breakfast.). My vote for breakfast would be the Carnation Cafe. Just like NotaGeek my favorite is the Croissant Benedict, with a fruit plate. (The potatoes are to die for.) The Carnation Cafe also has employeed Oscar, who has been working at Disneyland since 1956! He is talking about retiring, but has mentioned returning part-time. I love the atmosphere. Also, after we order we usually send someone out for fastpasses. :tink:

P.S. Don't forget to make a reservation for priority seating.;):mickey:

MegaDisney
07-08-2008, 03:35 AM
:number1:I'll add a very enthusiastic vote for Carnation Cafe and the Croissant Benedict! :eat:

The breakfast potatos there are incredibly delicious too! :eat: :eat:

Pixie Power
07-08-2008, 10:04 PM
Where exactly is the Carnation Cafe located?

My family and I will be @ DL next week and I am needing to make some PS's for our entire stay. We'll be there for almost 3 weeks, so I can spread it all out over the days when we to DL & CA.

TIA!:mickey:

NotaGeek
07-08-2008, 10:46 PM
Where exactly is the Carnation Cafe located?

My family and I will be @ DL next week and I am needing to make some PS's for our entire stay. We'll be there for almost 3 weeks, so I can spread it all out over the days when we to DL & CA.

TIA!:mickey:

The Carnation Cafe is located right in the middle of Main Street inside the Disneyland Resort,

Melanie
07-09-2008, 12:36 AM
There are so many choices for good breakfast at the DLR. I enjoy Carnation Cafe, Goofy's Kitchen, Storyteller's Cafe and Steakhouse 55. All wonderful, yet different. :eat:

Pixie Power
07-09-2008, 10:37 PM
The Carnation Cafe is located right in the middle of Main Street inside the Disneyland Resort,

Thanks! :thumbsup:

& Would breakfast @ Steakhouse 55 with kids be OK?