PDA

View Full Version : No RV sites

laward32
06-16-2008, 10:20 PM
I was on Disney.com trying to get quotes for Nov or early Dec and there are no sites available. If we want to tent camp there are some available. I thought Nov, before Thanksgiving was slow. I know Dec is getting more crowded. We stayed there Dec of 05 and I don't remember it being as crowded. Does anybody have any insight as to what is going on?:mickey:

Grumpy Grandpa
06-17-2008, 05:53 AM
You have to eliminate weekends. I just pulled up 7-12 and 14-19 and found available premium sates. Also as the thread below indicates a lot of people are canceling do to high fuel costs. So you never know. I did'nt know you had a RV.

faline
06-17-2008, 08:13 AM
I'd keep trying. I would suspect that you may find cancellations. You might also try calling to see if soemthing is available that's not showing up on the website.

drummerboy
06-17-2008, 08:19 AM
DW and I have had the same problem trying to book for early December. Not sure what's going on this year as opposed to earlier years.

jonahbear2006
06-17-2008, 12:28 PM
when we researched going in the winter, I believe Dec. was the busiest out of the colder months. We went in Feb and the campground was almost naked. We were in the tent loop but still the buses were empty everytime we got on them, the campground was dead everywhere. I would definitely toggle the days on their reservation site. Taking one day off on either end can make the difference. You should be able to find something, I would imagine. If not, consider tent camping there. It really isnt that bad, its just fine and you will save gas money, just make sure you pack an electric blanket in case you have a cold night.

laward32
06-20-2008, 10:42 PM
You have to eliminate weekends. I just pulled up 7-12 and 14-19 and found available premium sates. Also as the thread below indicates a lot of people are canceling do to high fuel costs. So you never know. I did'nt know you had a RV.
I don't have the RV, you do. So that means a trip for you too.:mickey:

Camping Mom
06-22-2008, 11:38 PM
The last two trips we took to camp in December were made in early February and we had trouble getting sites. This happened in 2004 and 2007. When we went back on a business trip in January of 2008, we drove to Ft. W and it was still packed. We saw only 6 campsites open in late January.

I think it is a great way to vacation because you can cut costs by cooking and the site is still cheaper than a room. With the price of gas you think it would be a bit less crowded right now, but nope. We just took a fast trip (without trailer) to Disney to take our son (who is now a Disney CM). We drove over to eat at Trails End at Ft. W and it was very crowded. We saw only a few open sites. So I guess the gas hasn't slowed down everyone.

vetboy
07-17-2008, 04:56 PM
My wife called daily for well over a month and got 1 day at a time until she filled out our vacation. We are booked from Dec 21 through Jan 5th. We have camped at FW for several years in Dec and I don't remember ever having this much trouble.

We have a 38' motorhome and were looking for a premium site. I wonder if the refurbishing of the sites has anything to do with it. Perhaps some sites will be under construction this Dec.

Joe

Marek 4
07-18-2008, 11:15 AM
I have noticed on other discussion boards that a possible reason is that some of the sites are not accessible due to upgrading them. Don't know this for a fact - I haven't been in a few years.

Camping Mom
07-20-2008, 09:04 PM
The upgrading could have something to do with it. When you think about closing a loop to work on it, you are taking out quite a few sites.