06-16-2008, 07:25 PM
GOing along with my other question... At Animal Kingdom, is it possible to see
Festival of the Lion king,
Finding Nemo the Musical
Birds of Wonder
and Pocahantas
all on the same day?

Does anyone know how often they run?
We will be traveling there in September.

Thanks

FromKnoxvilleto Disney
06-16-2008, 09:35 PM
Crowd levels will determine this possibilty along with EMH evening. We have managed to do all but Birds in one day but it was pushing it. If you had EMH evenings you could catch Nemo or Lion King then it could be done but you might miss some rides/shows to do so in one day. I guess it depends on what other attractions you are trying to do. If you plan on EE or safari and get stuck with an odd FP time or a long stand by then your show chances will diminish.

Sam&Alex&Josh'sMOM
06-16-2008, 10:06 PM
Traveling with my 2 little ones and My 62 year old Mom... So no real need for Everest... Only rides we are looking to there is the Safari and Triceratops spin...

What is suggested with a 2 and 3 year old. I would really like to see Lion King... Is Pocahantas good?

Stickey
06-17-2008, 04:21 PM
It is possible, but it would be very difficult to do it in one day. Each show runs several times daily. You will want to study the schedule in advance to determine if you can work them all in. There are many things to see at the AK in addition to the shows.

Prioritizing will help. For example, you may want to see the Lion King in the AM and catch Nemo in the late afternoon and then see if you can coordinate the other shows into your schedule.

EvilQueen2006
06-17-2008, 09:06 PM
If you have to skip one I would say skip Pocahontas. Its really not very good (in my opinion.) Lion King and Flights of Wonder are on my "do not miss" list. With litle ones I would add Nemo to that list.

katzctkpt
06-17-2008, 09:44 PM
I would think you could if you took advantage of the emh morning hours. The lion king is a definate must do.

Jodileigh
06-18-2008, 08:41 AM
One teensy note I wanted to add is that a lot of times you can catch pocohantas while waiting for lion king to start. It's a short show. If your kids like her, it would be worth your time. We've seen it and it's a nice show with a really good message, but if we miss it next time, that's not a major issue. But, don't miss Festival of the Lion King. IMHO, it's the absolute BEST show in all of DW!! I absolutely LOVE it and my boys have ALWAYS loved it and never tired of it. There is so much for them to see and they can even participate! It's a don't miss show for sure!:thumbsup: I haven't seen Nemo yet, so I can't say on that one. Flight of Wonder is really a good show, too. And not too long, either. Enjoy!! But don't miss the boneyard and Rafiki's Planet Watch (where they have the petting zoo). The kids will LOVE that!!

Jodi

TheRustyScupper
06-18-2008, 09:39 AM
1) Catching all the shows/parades/fireworks in any WDW park is a treat.
2) It is also sometimes a trick.
3) A little fore planning and it can be done.
4) But, have a backup plan in case crowd levels prevent it.

TinkerbellT421
06-18-2008, 10:02 AM
it is possible on a small level (And Animal Kingdom does not have EMH in the evening, they ONLY have EMH for the AM)...While we were at Nemo musical it was over and gave us just enough time to head over and catch the Lion King, when you arrive they give you a piece of paper with all the "Speciality shows" listed and their specific times. But I have never seen the Pocahontas show so Im not sure about that one, but I do know whatever you do do not miss Nemo or Flights of Wonder. Flights of Wonder is a must do on every trip to AK. The Rafiki planet watch is awesome, the safari ride and all. And you get to meet Rafiki there. Kids will love that. Plus you can see them do live surguries with some animals and stuff there. Very cool. But try to get there for EMH in the am, it will give you more time believe it or not to hit more stuff.

Imagineer1981
06-18-2008, 12:43 PM
wow..you are daring. I don't know if you can fit it all unless you use EMH

Maleficent's Dad
06-18-2008, 01:55 PM
(And Animal Kingdom does not have EMH in the evening, they ONLY have EMH for the AM)
...The AK does indeed have evening EMH. For example, they have "Evening Extra Magic Hours" this coming Monday, June 23. For the month of June, at least this year, they have evening EMH every Monday night.

TinkerbellT421
06-18-2008, 04:27 PM
Odd, both times we went they had only EMH's during the day, on Mondays only. And I asked a cast member why they didn't have EMH at evenings, and they went thru some story of how they cannot do it with the animals, she told me something about feeing time and something else but I forget what it was. I stand to be corrected. Oopsie. :blush:

jpH/keD
06-18-2008, 04:36 PM
We went in Nov 07 and they did have evening EMHs then too!!! Check the schedule at your hotel and that will tell you if you can make all
the shows. That list is going to be a challenge!

We have never made it to Birds or Pocahontas much to the dismay of my DD7!! She loves Pocahontas! We did get to meet her last time at Conservation Station!

IMHO skip Nemo- its just a re-telling of the movie! But try to work in Festival of the Lion King! The colors are beautiful! Have fun!:thumbsup:

Sam&Alex&Josh'sMOM
06-18-2008, 07:55 PM
THank you Everyone! We will definately get one of the show time schedule first thing... and head right over for the first showing of the Lion King... THen while we are waiting in line, we can schedule the rest of the day.

joelkfla
06-19-2008, 05:23 PM
Odd, both times we went they had only EMH's during the day, on Mondays only. And I asked a cast member why they didn't have EMH at evenings, and they went thru some story of how they cannot do it with the animals, she told me something about feeing time and something else but I forget what it was. I stand to be corrected. Oopsie. :blush:
AK has evening EMH, but the animal attractions are not included. That's probably what the cm was trying to tell you.

FOTLK is generally performed once during evening EMH, which would make it easier to see all the other shows during one day.