PDA

View Full Version : Festival of The Lion King Question

Sam&Alex&Josh'sMOM
06-16-2008, 07:23 PM
Well actually 3 questions.

We have never seen this show before...It looks great tho!

1) Would it be ok for a 2 & 3 year old? (They both saw Little Mermaid at DHS last year and did fine)
2) How often is the show performed during the day
3) Do they do performances during AK Extra Magic Hours at night?

elmjimmlm
06-16-2008, 08:07 PM
Well actually 3 questions.

We have never seen this show before...It looks great tho!

1) Would it be ok for a 2 & 3 year old? (They both saw Little Mermaid at DHS last year and did fine)
2) How often is the show performed during the day
3) Do they do performances during AK Extra Magic Hours at night?

1.yes it will be good for that age...there is nothing scary in this show and it should hold their attention...

2.3 times between 9 and noon and 4 between 1 and 4:30...

3.it is open for evening EMH...

tinksmom02
06-16-2008, 08:22 PM
You should definitely try to catch this show! We've never seen VOTLM, as DD5 is deathly afraid of Ursula, but I don't remember anything from Lion King that was scary. I think it would hold your littles' attentions.

MickeyMomof2
06-16-2008, 08:30 PM
My daughter was almost three last year, and she loved it. It is high-energy. My kids were mesmerized.

Speedy1998
06-16-2008, 08:57 PM
1.yes it will be good for that age...there is nothing scary in this show and it should hold their attention...

Not sure about the not scary part. DD was scared of the "Be prepared" segment when she was 4. DS on the other has thought that was the best part since he was 18 months old.

biodtl
06-16-2008, 09:20 PM
My almost 3 year old loved it, as did the rest of us. It's a don't miss.

mickeys_princess_mom
06-16-2008, 09:37 PM
My almost 3 year old loved it, as did the rest of us. It's a don't miss.
Absolutely a "don't miss"! One of my favorites!! Fine for the little ones. Had a cool thing happen while we were there recently. The powerful lead female singer had a throat problem or became ill early in the performance, and walked quickly offstage waving her hand to the other female singer, who picked up and WENT with it. Everybody adjusted, and they delivered an amazing performance, as always, even though they were singing parts they didn't normally sing, and were three instead of four! If someone was unfamiliar with the show, and didn't see her leave so quickly, one might not have known the difference. I was so impressed. Always awesome!

Sam&Alex&Josh'sMOM
06-16-2008, 10:08 PM
Thank you everyone for replying so quickly! I think this is going to have to be a "must" for us!

Snow's Mom
06-16-2008, 11:00 PM
When we went, we caught a 7:00 P.M. show during the evening EMH. It was tricky, though. The showtime wasn't posted---I went up to a castmember just inside the park and ASKED. (I'd read about the showtime here on Intercot!) It was the only show of the evening, so be sure to check out the schedule.