PDA

View Full Version : Celebrating Golden B'Day

seanyred
06-16-2008, 01:25 PM
In July my Wife turns 29 on the 29th. I wanted to see if there was anything special I could do/arrange to make it a great B'day. Any suggestions? This is my first trip to DL so any input would be appreciated.

NotaGeek
06-16-2008, 01:53 PM
You can stop off and get her birthday sticker City Hall ... then tons of people will say Happy Birthday.

There are LOTS of suggestions in threads throughout this forum ... definitely take a peek at other posts...

Here's 4 suggestions to start the ball rolling:

1. Priority Seating at Fantasmic! You get a dessert box and chairs so you don't have to plop down 2 hours prior ...

2. A nice dinner at Steakhouse 55, it's pricey but WONDERFUL. You can take the Monorail to DTD and walk over to the hotel for a yummy eating experience. For an alternative, try Hook's Point or Yamabuki. (those are my 3 favorite DLR hotel restaurants!) I like to eat early-ish and make it in for the Fireworks or Fantasmic!

3. How about dinner on the upstairs balcony at Ralph Brennan's ... it's romantic at night and gives you a different view of DTD. Then walk in for fireworks and grab some dessert on the way.

4. Maybe a tour ... the Walt's Footsteps if very popular ...

seanyred
06-18-2008, 03:59 PM
I wanted to look into the tours but wanted find out what people realy thought of them. Especially Walt's Footsteps. I've tried to search the forum but I feel like its a wild goose chase. Anyone taken the tours at DL?

Aisling
06-19-2008, 12:12 AM
We took the Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour and I highly recommend it. We learned so much about the parks and Walt himself, it was great.

I would also recommend the Fantasmic! priority seating. I absolutely feel it is worth the money for the special seats and those yummy treats!

Get a Photopass and have your picture taken as many times as you can - then you'll have the opportunity to look over the pictures online and order your favorites. They're a bit pricey, but a nice professional photo is a great memento.

I can't think of anything else, but if I do, I'll post it. Have fun!