PDA

View Full Version : Disney Dining Tournament: Donald Duck Region

DizneyFreak2002
06-16-2008, 12:48 PM
The Mickey Mouse Region is complete... Here are the results:

LeCellier easily defeated Contemporary Snack bar; Raglan Road squeeked by Everything Pop Food Court; Grand Floridian Cafe took down Tomorrowland Noodle Station; and in a mild upset, Tony's Town Square defeated El Pirata Y El Perico.... THat was out first upset 9 a 5 seed took down a 4 seed)...

The Donald Duck Region now begins... Voting will be cast the same way as Snow White and Mickey Mouse regions.... Remember, I am going to list all 8 restaurants in the region in the poll... I am listing them as if it were the brackets you were looking at... Multiple votes are allowed for the poll... When voting, please only vote for 4 of the restaurants..

Here are the match ups:

1) Boma faces 8) Splash Terrace
2) Coral Reef faces 7) ABC Commissary
3) Liberty Tree Tavern faces 6) Roaring Foarks
4) Cantina de San Angel faces 5) Hollywood & Vine

When voting, please keep these match ups in mind... Please vote for one restaurant per match up, up to 4 votes... Rememeber, you will be allowed multiple votes...

All should go smooth just like the previous two regions....

Remember to keep track of the brackets here:

Disney Dining Tournament (http://www.bracketmaker.com/tmenu.cfm?tid=278703)

Ok, on to the beginning of the tournament.. Happy voting!!!

bruin1344
06-16-2008, 01:20 PM
voted for liberty tree and against abc commissionary, never eaten at the other restaurants

DizneyFreak2002
06-16-2008, 07:49 PM
WOW!!!! We have another close 4/5 match up... I figured the 4/5 match ups would be close... The others, not so much...

dolphinmickey9170
06-16-2008, 08:37 PM
Here are my votes -

1) Boma
2) Coral Reef
3) Liberty Tree Tavern
5) Hollywood & Vine

YUMMY!!:mickey:

Polynesian Dweller
06-16-2008, 08:50 PM
It will be interesting to watch the 4/5 in this one. Used to love Hollywood and Vine before it became a character restaurant, and unlike some of the other restaurants that went this way, to us it didn't seem to work as well here. It changed a nice, relatively quiet place to have breakfast and start a day at DHS into something louder and less pleasant.

FromKnoxvilleto Disney
06-16-2008, 09:43 PM
I went with Boma, Coral Reef, LTT, and H@V. Love Coral.

GrmGrninGost
06-17-2008, 06:00 AM
Great tournament! Go Coral Reef! :mickey:

BritCody
06-17-2008, 06:33 AM
In the NCAA Mens tournament the 5 seed always has trouble in the first round, not to be the case in the restaurant tournament

avantgardeinker
06-17-2008, 09:44 AM
I went with...

Boma over Splash Terrace (never eaten at either, but I don't know what Splash Terrace is)

Coral Reef over ABC Commisary ( I like ABC Commisary, but nothing beats Coral Reefs Lobster Soup)

Libery Tree Tavern over Roaring Forks (My mouth is watering just thinking of the dinner menu)

Cantina de San Angel over Hollywood & Vine (Normally I would go with TS over CS, but H&V isn't one of my favorites and I love everything at Cantina de San Angel.)

:mickey:

DizneyFreak2002
06-17-2008, 12:51 PM
Great job again on the voting in this region Intercotees... Once again, we have a close 4/5 match up... The other top seeds are blowing out the bottom seeds, as expected... Cantina and H&V seems like it will go down to the wire...

wendy*darling
06-17-2008, 02:49 PM
What 3 people voted for Splash Terrace? :confused:
What and where is it? I have never, ever heard of it!

Are you making some of these up?:secret:

DizneyFreak2002
06-17-2008, 05:58 PM
What 3 people voted for Splash Terrace? :confused:
What and where is it? I have never, ever heard of it!

Are you making some of these up?:secret:

I actually found Splash Terrace on another site and in Birnbaums...

From Birnbaums: Splash Terrace can be found in the Swan Resort... Serves beer, frozen drinks, and fast food... It is a poolside cafe...

The name could have been changed, but, since it serves fast food, I included it... But as the 8th seed since it is pretty obscure and not a major player...

I see only 3 votes separates HW&V and Cantina... Voting ends tomorrow... I love it when contests come down to the very end...

DizneyFreak2002
06-18-2008, 09:52 AM
We have a tie between Cantina and HW&V... There is still some time to vote.. Will someone come in and break the tie or will there be an overtime period for this contest????

big blue and hairy
06-18-2008, 09:59 AM
Even though I don't care much for Coral Reef, it got my vote because ABC Commissary is disgusting! It's easily the worst restaurant I've ever tried at WDW.

:sulley:

avantgardeinker
06-18-2008, 10:47 AM
Cantina vs H&V is proving to be a nail biter!! Cantina is ahead by 1 vote. I hope it stays this way!!!

:mickey: