PDA

View Full Version : Ohana' or Le Cellier for Dinner??

Minnie4me
06-16-2008, 11:57 AM
It seems like Ohana' and Le Cellier are two of the most popular restaurants at Walt Disney World.

I LOVE Ohana', but have not eaten at Le Cellier. The menu doesn't really appeal to me.

Which one would get your vote for the best??

Maleficent's Dad
06-16-2008, 12:08 PM
I'm about the only one here in the Intercot Community that doesn't love O'hana. In fact, I rather detest the place... Long stories!

So you know where my vote went!

ThanxForNoticin
06-16-2008, 12:22 PM
Both excellent choices, but 'OHana is an absolute must for my family on any trip. Le Cellier is also on our list of great places to eat, too!

FromKnoxvilleto Disney
06-16-2008, 12:48 PM
These are two of our absolute favorites. Along with a couple of character meals these are both must dos for our family.:thumbsup: This is an absolute coin toss for my wife and I. My DD(9) is at work with me today and she says Ohana's is better. I think she just wants to hula dance and race coconuts but she says the food is awesome too. Love them both!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DizneyFreak2002
06-16-2008, 12:55 PM
I voted for Ohana in your poll since I never ate at Le Cellier... I hear great things about Le Cellier, but, I never tried it... I am not a steak eater... And the rest of the menu didn't seem like it was one I would be too interested in...

bruin1344
06-16-2008, 01:12 PM
i voted against ohana, ohana was mediocre, never eaten at lecellier but everyone raves about it

busterthebronco
06-16-2008, 01:55 PM
o'hana's is just not that good to me.:blush:
the meat is not a high grade.
the breakfast however is pretty dang good.
le cellier for me easy.:thumbsup:

SBETigg
06-16-2008, 02:06 PM
I prefer 'Ohana, mostly for the fact that it's a more uniquely Disney experience and I love the atmosphere. Le Cellier is good, but it's fairly standard to me in fare and atmosphere.

Mousehead35
06-16-2008, 03:22 PM
I voted Le Celliar.. Love both restuarants, but lately the service at O'Hana has been less then desirable. We visited last August and it was so bad that we actually took it off our list of Must Do's for our upcoming Fall trip. :(

dolphinmickey9170
06-16-2008, 08:47 PM
I voted LeCellier......it is a must do for our family every trip. The filet is so tender and flavorful. Excellent service always, but the noise level can be loud at times.

O'Hana is another favorite of ours, we love the food, the fun, the atmosphere.

Why choose, do both!:blush:

Disnamic Duo
06-17-2008, 11:49 AM
We love 'Ohana!

Le Cellier is just average. We won't be going back there. We just don't understand all the fuss...

SurferStitch
06-17-2008, 12:49 PM
Oooooohhhhh......that's tough. Both are must-do's for us.

I chose Le Cellier, though. The food is better, and that cheese soup is just so addictive. I also love the Trois Pistoles beer! And I can't get enough of the moose!

'Ohana is excellent, but I miss the potatoes. The food is great, as is the service. I will say, though, that I had some grissly meat this last time, so I just asked for more and didn't eat the bad stuff (I'm really picky when it comes to meat....I hate fat and grissle).

We will be dining at both again in October. :thumbsup:

Polynesian Dweller
06-17-2008, 04:27 PM
Quite a mixed bag of responses to this one. Its a matter of personal preference which one you prefer I think. We tried Ohana, nothing really wrong with it, just wasn't to our liking but can understand why others do love it. We prefer Le Cellier and the more traditional dining.

IloveDisney71
06-17-2008, 09:05 PM
Until our last family trip in December, I would not have been able to choose one of these over the other - it would have been a tie! But the service at Ohana left a little to be desired. We had a party of 8 and when we asked for seconds (because the servings of some things didn't offer enough for all of us) we were told that it would be right out - but we never got the two things we requested. Our server seemed to be in a hurry to get us out of the rest. The food was as good as usual but the service wasn't.
We had a wonderful time at LeCellier, as usual. Fantastic food and service.

sisterdisco
06-20-2008, 01:27 PM
Last year, we had reservations at LeCellier, just because I couldn't pick a restaurant, and so the ADR reservationist suggested that. Well, I am not a big beef eater, but DH is. The day of our ADR, I called to see what other options were available. The CM on the phone told me in a nice way that I was nuts if I cancelled a 5pm Le'Cellier ressie, and that people would die to get that. We ate at Le'Cellier, and it was fantastic. DH gets to eat at FANCY EXPENSIVE steakhouses for work, said it was better than Ruth Chris's.

The atmosphere is great, quiet, relaxing.

I would highly recommend it.

Also---O'Hana is great, but on a totally different scale. It is fun....good food. Le'Cellier is exellent food in a fancier atmosphere.

pdrlkr
06-20-2008, 09:02 PM
We loved Le Cellier! :thumbsup:

PAYROLL PRINCESS
06-20-2008, 10:10 PM
We ate at Le Cellier for the first time last year and thought it was great. Even though we were on the free dining plan the waiter took great care of us. It was hands down the best service we had the whole trip with LTT coming in second.

GrmGrninGost
06-21-2008, 09:24 AM
Difficult to answer! I voted for LeCellier. Barely. I like the food better there. But, I like the fun and atmosphere at 'Ohana. If I had small children I would go to 'Ohana, my kids had a blast there when they were small!

"SULLEY "RULES!!
06-21-2008, 10:13 AM
:thumbsup:My husband and I love them both, but I voted for Ohana's. The atomosphere is really cool and you definetly get enough tasty food. Le Cellier has awesome food as well. The cheddar cheese soup is an ( A+ ) You can't go wrong with either. You won't go hungry, that's for sure...:thumbsup:

Simba'sBud
06-21-2008, 10:18 AM
Definitely O'hana for me! We tried Le Cellier last year with some family that really likes it, but the experience and atmosphere was no comparison. Food was great at both, though, so I don't really see how you could go wrong either way!

Enjoy and savour!:chef:

McGoofy
06-21-2008, 12:45 PM
You picked two of my favorites, and I didn't want to pick sides!!! I did vote for Ohanas because I would say you get more for your money there. The food and atmosphere are both wonderful. However, if you are looking specifically for a great steak, go to LeCellier. There...now I really didn't have to pick a side!:mickey:

#1disneyfan
06-21-2008, 12:52 PM
My vote was for O'hana's. While we haven't eaten dinner at Le'Cellier, we did have lunch there and wasn't overly thrilled with the fare.

We have ressies for O'Hana's in August and DH is really looking forward to it!

cal5755
06-21-2008, 01:16 PM
I didn't vote, I just came to read everyones reviews because we have reservations at both of these places in September and it will be first time dining at both restaurants. Sounds like we are going to have a great meal at both places!! I can't wait to try the Cheddar Cheese soup!!

Richard Lauzon
06-21-2008, 03:23 PM
Been to both, liked LeCellier the most

Maleficent's Dad
06-21-2008, 09:56 PM
Been to both, liked LeCellier the most
Just wanted to say to Richard Lauzon:

Welcome to Intercot!

Think you're gonna like it here!

Tigerinvestigator
06-21-2008, 09:59 PM
I chose Ohana because it is one of the best dinners in WDW! We like LeCellier but usually for Lunch!:thumbsup: