PDA

View Full Version : Need quick info - I leave tomorrow!

LandFan
06-16-2008, 11:30 AM
Ok, this is probably a silly question but I am used to WDW...

I am used to using our room key to charge all of our meals on in WDW and it just occured to me that they probably don't do that at DL (we are staying at a good neighbor hotel). OK so here is my question...

To eat cs on the parks - do they all take debit cards or do I have to bring cash?

tinkwest
06-16-2008, 11:53 AM
Although I usually try to use cash (just my own personal way to budget my money) I have used my card now and then and don't remember anywhere in the parks having a cash only policy except the carts/stands. And there are ATM machines available if that does become an issue.

Aisling
06-16-2008, 12:12 PM
I have a Disney Visa, so I use it everywhere, even at the counter service places. I think you can use either credit or debit at all the restaurants, but I always use credit - to get my points so I can stay at the GCH for free!

Anyway, have fun and enjoy your time at Disneyland!

MatterhornMiss
06-16-2008, 12:57 PM
I always used my debit card (as credit) for paying for food at DLR. *EXCEPT* If you want a dole whip or whip float, you have to have cash.

LandFan
06-16-2008, 02:21 PM
Thanks a lot! It just occured to me to ask today because earlier this morning I actually ran into a place that doesn't take debit - and I was shocked : )

MNNHFLTX
06-16-2008, 02:33 PM
I had no problem using my debit card (scanned same way as a credit card) at counter-service restaurants when we were there a couple of weeks ago. Of course you would still need cash for some of the free-standing food kiosks, for such things as Mickey Bars, popcorn, etc.

quest4dl
06-17-2008, 09:16 AM
You will get a charge slip from the hotel (I am assuming you are staying on-site?) which works the same way as the WDW room key. It's quite a pain to have them separate and it's just a flimsy piece of paper. You also need to show your charge slip to get into MM at DL. I think we were able to use the charge slip at the food carts in DL but at least one place in DCA wouldn't accept it. I like seeing all my charges itemized so I prefer to room charge when possible.