PDA

View Full Version : My November Anniversary Trip ADRs!

disneydrmr
06-16-2008, 09:19 AM
We arrive on Sunday November 9th! This first day will be spent at the Magic Kingdom. I have no Adrs for this day. We'll probably grab food at the Columbia Harbour House, Pecos Bills or somewhere.

Monday, November 10:
Breakfast at Cape May... DH LOVES Goofy so I thought this would be a good one for him (besides being our anniversary trip this trip is also my attempt to convert DH into a disney loving nut like myself!)
Dinner at 50's Prime Time

Tuesday, November 11:
Lunch at Biergarten (dh was stationed in Germany and loves German food)
Dinner at Rose and Crown.. this adr is at 7:30.. I'm hoping to get a seat on the water so we can watch Illuminations.. anyone have suggestions to insure that this will happen for us?

Wednesday, November 12:
Breakfast at Boma
Dinner somewhere in Animal Kingdom.. or if finances allow for another table service we'll eat at Rainforest Cafe

Thursday, November 13 (our annivesary):
Breakfast at Ohana
Dinner will be counter service unless finances allow for a real meal then we may do Liberty Tavern

Friday, November 14 (departure day):
Lunch at Le Cellier
Dinner will be something grabbed at the airport.

Whatcha think? Numerous of these are new for me.. Cape May, Biergarten, Boma and Le Cellier.. so I'm not sure...

Hull-onian
06-16-2008, 10:18 AM
Monday, November 10:
Breakfast at Cape May... DH LOVES Goofy so I thought this would be a good one for him (besides being our anniversary trip this trip is also my attempt to convert DH into a disney loving nut like myself!)
Dinner at 50's Prime Time
We went to Cape May for dinner and it was excellent. I would recommend it for anyone.

Tuesday, November 11:
Lunch at Biergarten (dh was stationed in Germany and loves German food)
Dinner at Rose and Crown.. this adr is at 7:30.. I'm hoping to get a seat on the water so we can watch Illuminations.. anyone have suggestions to insure that this will happen for us?
I think that the Biergarten would be a good choice. We loved the Rose and Crown too. Get to your dinner destination at least by 7:00 p.m. it is very busy over there.

Wednesday, November 12:
Breakfast at Boma
Dinner somewhere in Animal Kingdom.. or if finances allow for another table service we'll eat at Rainforest Cafe
We loved the ambiance of the RFC for breakfast. It was right at the entrance of the park. I am not too turned on to going to Boma in the a.m. The RFC serves up an excellent breakfast.:thumbsup:
Thursday, November 13 (our annivesary):
Breakfast at Ohana
Ohana's is a good choice since it is so close to the MK. You can't go wrong at Liberty Tree Tavern, one of our favs.
Dinner will be counter service unless finances allow for a real meal then we may do Liberty Tavern

Friday, November 14 (departure day):
Lunch at Le Cellier
Dinner will be something grabbed at the airport.

Whatcha think? Numerous of these are new for me.. Cape May, Biergarten, Boma and Le Cellier.. so I'm not sure...

All in all you made some good choices. I don't think there are any bad choices.:thumbsup:

NJGIRL
06-16-2008, 10:23 AM
I love the Cape May for breakfast and our breafast at BOMA was very good too.

We always have lunch at the Liberty Tree and are never disappointed.

I love the Natural Burger at the Rainforest!!

LeCellier.... I'm not over the top for this place. IMO it was average.

Good choices!

Pigtunia
06-16-2008, 10:51 AM
You're very lucky to get those ADRs for Le Cellier. I tried for dinner on that same day and they were booked solid. I think you'll have a wonderful time there for lunch -- enjoy the bread sticks (and their stories).

If you're looking for a CS at AK, I would recommend the Flame Tree BBQ. We've always liked the ribs and pulled pork very much! (The only reason why we're not doing it this year is that we want to check out the new Yak and Yeti).

Beirgarten and Rose and Crown, eh? Nice choices for a serviceman -- and good choices, especially for European beers!:beer: (The food and atmosphere's pretty good at both, too).

I've never had the O'hana breakfast, but we love the dinner -- we ALWAYS start our Disney trips off with a dinner there. I think Liberty Tree is a great place for an Anniversary meal: you can never go wrong with it! (And just think it means you'll have TWO Thanksgiving meals in November.

Hull-onian
06-16-2008, 11:41 AM
Le Cellier.... I'm not over the top for this place. IMO it was average.

Good choices!

I am not nuts about Le Cellier either. I really liked the Concourse Steak House at the Contemporary, which is no longer there. How sad is that?:(

MMouse6937
06-16-2008, 12:30 PM
Diane those are great!! You are trying some new things for us too. Boma we have only tried for dinner. I also like the Rainforest Cafe, but I've only tried the one in DTD not AK. Le Cellier is a must for us every year, DH loves that place. I think it's one of the best (and apparentely) most popular places for steak on property, and the cheese soup :tasty: Have a great time although we'll miss you in December!! :hug:

lawgirl
06-16-2008, 12:36 PM
We always make reservations for BOMA. Sometimes we go twice in one trip. Its always been excellent. We also love JIKO, also in the AKL. It is some of the best food we have ever had.

I would probably avoid the Rainforest Cafe...we ate there one night, and it was super crowded, very noisy, way overpriced, and the food is really not that good. I would suggest something inside the AK. Its so much better!

Kairi_7378
06-16-2008, 02:15 PM
Your dining choices are very good. I think it is wonderful how you considered your husband's experiences and tastes as you planned them.

I'd recommend against eating at Rainforrest Cafe... they are basically an expensive chain restaurant. I'd visit Flame Tree BBQ that day and get one of the chicken or rib combo platters. Add some onion rings and the meal is big enough to split between 2 people.

Dsnygirl
06-16-2008, 05:05 PM
If you're looking for a CS at AK, I would recommend the Flame Tree BBQ. We've always liked the ribs and pulled pork very much!
Ditto.... it's one of our favorites....

I'd visit Flame Tree BBQ that day and get one of the chicken or rib combo platters. Add some onion rings and the meal is big enough to split between 2 people.
Ditto again... my DH & I shared our meal last time, and it was more than enough. We'll be doing that again in December... :thumbsup:

Your ADR's look great... and yummy... you're trying a lot of "firsts" that look just like ours. :) :thumbsup:

jillluvsdisney
06-16-2008, 06:55 PM
I think you made good choices. Your husband might be disapointed in Beirgarten though. It's not the greatest or authentic German food. If he's had the "real thing", he'll notice the diffrence. The atmosphere of the German beer hall is a lot of fun.

MauiMouse
06-16-2008, 06:55 PM
Looks good Diane. I love Liberty Tree for dinner, it's one of my favorites now, can't go wrong there. :thumbsup:

In regards to Rose & Crown and get a table on the water, tell them when you check in that you're willing to wait. I unfortunately haven't had any luck, & have eaten here twice. But they will let you go out on the deck to watch Illuminations and when you come back order your dessert. Perfect!