PDA

View Full Version : food and wine festival

kwhitt3202
06-16-2008, 08:51 AM
going in oct. and wondering if any one has any tips for the food and wine festival

NJGIRL
06-16-2008, 10:19 AM
I find that the crowds get bad after 5:00 so visit the countries during the day it's not crowded then. Saturday night after 5:00 seems to be the worst.

Look at the "Eat to the Beat" schedule to see if you want to see any of the performers for the day that you are there.

JabberJaws
06-16-2008, 02:17 PM
I have to agree with NJGIRL, the lines get pretty busy after 4 or 5 p.m., ESPECIALLY on the weekends. This is partially because of the after 4 p.m. tickets for Epcot (especially when there are large conventions around. I used to work for Disney Group and Convention Marketing and the after 4 p.m. tickets are among the most popular for conventionEARs due to the great food and drink at WS).

Also, the country exhibits near either end of WS (Canada/UK and Mexico) in addition to America (near the stage where all of the performances are) tend to be the busiest. There are lots of more obscure countries represented that people don't frequent for whatever reason that still have great food and drinks.

I suggest hitting up some of the bigger-name countries earlier in the day, then later when it gets busy, just travel around the WS and hit up the countries with the shorter lines.

TheRustyScupper
06-16-2008, 05:44 PM
1) Do not go on weekends. Ever. Never.
2) Take lots of cash.
3) Go with an empty tummy.
4) Do not go during typical dinner hours.

NOTE: Weekends are really crazy and busy for F&WF. A lot of us locals go, and we begrudgingly let the tourists attend. Thus, It gets pretty crowded.

Polynesian Dweller
06-16-2008, 08:54 PM
If you want to sample foods, as others have said, do it earlier in the day.

Do check on line before you go to see what the offerings of each country are and then plan for just a couple each day. You really can't go to very many in one day.

Consider it sampling, the sizes do not a meal make. We treat them as snacks and then do something like Tangerine Cafe, Cantina San Angel, or Sunshine Seasons for a dinner.