PDA

View Full Version : Renting an ECV

Guya103
06-15-2008, 03:38 PM
This August we will be going to wdw and taking my mother with us. I know that you can rent an ECV but I have a few questions about it. How early do we need to be in the park to get one? And, what is the cost? Do you rent per day or for the whole time you are there? Thanks!:mickey:

Brainiak5
06-15-2008, 10:31 PM
i'd recommend using on of the ecv rental companies if your staying on the property. they deliver the scooter right to the resort and you pick it up at check in for your whole stay. they hold a charge for the full day and the wdw buses are all equipped to transport the scooters. im using one for the first time due to foot surgery on our trip and was advised to go this route from a fellow patient of my surgeon. hope this helps :mickey:

ibelieveindisneymagic
06-16-2008, 11:16 AM
We went with my Mom in May, and she needed a ECV due to recent knee surgery. We rented one from an outside company, and it was the best thing we did.

It ended up being a bit cheaper than renting daily in the park, and we didn't have to worry about them running out, would she get one when we switched parks, etc.

Mom loved having it at the resort as well, she enjoyed being able to go and explore, which she couldn't have done under her own power.

All of the buses can transport the ECV's, and although we had a couple interesting bus trips, there was nothing too crazy!

ElenitaB
06-16-2008, 04:43 PM
How early do we need to be in the park to get one?
As you're going in August, park attendance will be rather high. I wouldn't arrive after 9:30-9:45 if you want to get an ECV.

And, what is the cost?
The cost is $45 per day, but you are initially charged $65 and are returned the $20 deposit when you return the equipment.

Do you rent per day or for the whole time you are there?
Unlike the strollers which you can rent for your entire stay, you rent the ECVs day by day. That also means that you'll be filling out the contract each day as well.

As others have said, it is more cost-effective to rent an ECV from an outside vendor if you are staying on-site.

TheDuckRocks
06-18-2008, 11:22 AM
Google Orlando ECV rentals and you'll find many rental companies. I have used Care Medical and Scootarama, with Scootarama having better equipment. Right now they have $30 being the amount per day for a basic scooter on their website.

thejens
06-21-2008, 10:30 PM
I agree with other posters. We used Walker and they were great. It was waiting in the lobby of the Polynesian when we arrived. She left in the hall at night to charge and it kept going all day and night in the parks. It is nice to have it in the resort (especially the spread out ones.) We used the monorail and busses with no problem and even took the scooter into the lines and very close to the ride itself. My mom needed to do this due to severe lung disease. We just left it in the lobby when we left.