PDA

View Full Version : Best time to go???

chelly4568
06-15-2008, 09:43 AM
Alright..

My family and I have been trying to figure out the best time to go to wdw. We were thinking the 1st week or 2nd week in december but i'm not sure. And its gonna be too hot in the summer so were torn.

WHEN SHOULD WE GO???????????:confused:

goofiecrazy
06-15-2008, 02:07 PM
We are heading the week of sept.22 and the crowds are going to be low.

Mad About Mickey
06-15-2008, 03:11 PM
Second week of December is a wonderful time to go.We are going the second week of December for the third time in a row. The holiday theming is absolutely fantastic and the crowds are fairly low. It is also value season so room rates are low. The weather is nice, we only had one day of rain in all of our December days at the parks. Never needed anything other than an occasional sweater. Though it can get fairly cold in central Florida in December so you should pack for it. I only remember one really cold day there and that was in late December in the the early 80's.

Marker
06-15-2008, 08:31 PM
The best time to go is NOW. Whenever NOW happens to be. I've yet to be at WDW at any time when I wished I wasn't.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
06-15-2008, 08:55 PM
We went the first week of Dec before and it was great. The crowds weren't too bad and the weather was great too. It got cool a couple of nights but it was great during the day. Only had rain one day but it did last all day. It stopped at night in time for MVMCP though. That was a lot of fun. And seeing the parks and resorts all decked out was fantastic!

sisterdisco
06-16-2008, 07:17 PM
I vote for 1st week of December.
Everything is decorated for Christmas and crowds are relatively low. Weather can be variable. Some years, it was high 70's/low 80's but one year, there was one day a high of 62!!

Have been to WDW last week of Aug, 1st week of Nov, 1st and 2nd week of Dec, March, Feb break and April break--avoid at all costs, and Mother's Day w/c.

1st choice is early Dec. 2nd choice is last week of August.

Georgesgirl1
06-17-2008, 09:11 PM
Early December is one of my favorite, followed closely by October.
The weather is normally great, the decorations are up and beautiful, plus room rates are cheaper, and ADRs easier to get.

That said. I have been to Diney on every major holiday but Thanksgiving and every month of the year, and I'll take Disney over work and school anyday!

Boojum
06-18-2008, 03:39 AM
More precisely, about the second half of February.

It's warm enough to wear shorts, and sometimes warm enough to swim. It's NOT overly-hot. It's not at all crowded, because hardly any school systems have breaks during this time. It's nowhere near hurricane season.

We had our most enjoyable WDW trip ever during February.

brownie
06-18-2008, 09:50 AM
The best time...whenever you're able to make the trip!

Early December is a good time to go. The crowds aren't bad and you get all the Christmas decorations. The temperatures should be comfortable, too.

chelly4568
07-07-2008, 08:48 PM
:thumbsup::cool:Thanks guys you really helped me it looks like we are going to book for early december of '09:mickey: