PDA

View Full Version : Getting Rid of Spectromagic?

jelloarms
06-15-2008, 12:14 AM
I read in another Spectromagic thread here...someone said they are getting rid of Spectro at the end of this year to replace it with Fantallusion!!:(:(:(:( Is this true? I sure hope not!:(:(:(

Sunshine1010
06-15-2008, 02:05 AM
hhhmmmm....I have no idea

bicker
06-15-2008, 06:10 AM
I love Spectromagic, but it makes sense for them to cycle shows in and out of the parks, to keep things fresh. I doubt I'd like Fantillusion better than Spectromagic (I didn't like Light Magic as much as Spectromagic), but I think they still should do the swap if they can, so we can see something different.

disneydeb
06-15-2008, 08:32 AM
I love Stectromagic and I don't get to go often enough to get tired of it!!

scoot241
06-15-2008, 09:54 AM
I haven't heard anything regarding a change.

I've only seen Spectromagic twice, so I know I'm not tired of it.

LovinWDW
06-15-2008, 10:15 AM
If they do replace Spectromagic I will miss it. However, we all know that Disney does things first class which is why we all love it. I would be very excited to see a new parade. :thumbsup:

BronxTigger
06-15-2008, 11:04 AM
I have never seen Spectro all the way through. I better make it a priority to watch it when I'm there this December. There are more things to do than there is time on my trip (2 and 3/4 days) so I am having a very difficult time making a schedule for myself!

JPL
06-15-2008, 11:16 AM
To clarify the getting rid of SpectroMagic Rumuors . Several sources are reporting a parade swap coming sometime around 2009-10 that goes something like this for the nighttime parades

MK at WDW will receive Fantillusion from Tokyo.

HKDL will get the MSEP from DCA.

DCA will get SpectroMagic.

The Day parades swap has already started with the following and will continue through the 2010 time frame.

DHS receive Block Party Bash
DS Paris got Stars and Motorcars.

MK at WDW is reported to receive Parade of Dreams.

DL will receive a new daytime parade much like DCA received the Pixar Play Parade when DHS got Block Party.

Now keep in mind these are only rumours but so far parts of the rumour have already taken place which makes it hold much more weight.

BronxTigger
06-15-2008, 11:22 AM
Another parade question, piggybacking off of JPL's information (thanks, by the way)...

For December, MK has the "Disney Dreams Come True Parade" on the schedule. Is this the same Dreams parade I just saw in April at Disneyland? Or is it something different (yet still oh-so-dreamy)?

JPL
06-15-2008, 11:29 AM
The Disney Dreams Come True is not the same as Parade of Dreams.

The Disney Dreams Comes True parade is the same parade that has been running at the MK since the 100 Years of Magic celebration. All they really did to the parade was remove the snow globes from the floats and changed the music.

Harriet
06-15-2008, 02:17 PM
I sure hope this is true. I was so disappointed with Spectro compared to the Main Street Parade. The character floats are absolute non-compareable. At lease the floats from Main Street where designed as Characters. Only hope any new one is a better improvement over Spectro.

dolphinmickey9170
06-15-2008, 02:43 PM
Thanks, Jeff, for the information!! I hope they do the swap, it's nice to see stuff from other parks, since I will more than likely never make it to Tokyo. :mickey:

Mousemates
06-15-2008, 03:30 PM
I too will be in favor of a parade swap...its always nice to put something new in the live entertainment mix.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
06-15-2008, 06:31 PM
As far as I've heard from reliable sources, there hasn't been anything about us getting FantIllusion.

Which is my absolute favorite nighttime parade. It's bigger, better, and more complete than SpectroMagic (and about 2x as expensive). I'd really love to see it come here.

But I do know we will be getting Parade of Dreams after the holidays.

As for Light Magic - that was the parade between MSEP and Spectro. And poorly received despite how decent it actually was.

brownie
06-16-2008, 09:34 AM
I've only seen SpectroMagic once, and would like to be able to see it again if I can. I'd be okay with a parade swap, though.

DisneyCouture
06-16-2008, 10:15 AM
I love spectromagic and I don't get sick of seeing it, yet I do agree with others that I also wouldn't mind something new to see either. Either one is fine with me.

scootch713
06-16-2008, 10:47 AM
Having seen Spectro for 5 years now, Fantillusion might be a welcome change.. watching it on UTube it looks very similar to spectrol....... hmm.. interesting

jpH/keD
06-16-2008, 11:26 AM
I am in favor of a switch. We have seen Spectro about 3 times since 05 and MANY more on youtube! I love it but would welcome a fresh change! My DH however is sick of parades all together so we probably won't be standing to watch any on our next trip(still undated:( ) BUT
if DD and I can sneak out we would watch any new night time offering! THANKS Jeff for all your infinite wisdom on these things! Rock on!:thumbsup:

alilprincessmom99
06-16-2008, 12:31 PM
I hadn't heard about this. I know I would miss Spectromagic, but if something is coming from Tokyo, from what I hear, it will be top of the line.

DisneyLove
06-17-2008, 12:51 PM
If FantIllusion is coming to WDW from Tokyo, that would be awesome! I was a TDL last spring and didn't make plans to watch the parade because I thought "oh it's going to be just like MSEP or spectromagic, so why bother?" but as my family and I were walknig to an attraction we saw it and stopped to watch- it truly is a WONDERFUL parade!!:mickey:

Imagineer1981
06-17-2008, 02:07 PM
wow...I hope they do replace it. But again, I grew up with MEP and Spectro was its replacement, so I am biased to MEP

WriteDisney
06-18-2008, 03:46 PM
Spectromagic is definitely one of my absolute favorite disney things. Whenever I watch it I truly feel like a kid again. It makes me tear up everytime I hear the music...

AdventurelandTikiGirl
06-18-2008, 10:18 PM
I'm not big on parades, but I love SpectroMagic and MSEP. If they are going to be swapping, I pray for a return of MSEP to Magic Kingdom. That is the best! :number1:

castlelady36
06-18-2008, 10:49 PM
I have seen Specto so many times and though I love it I would not mind seeing something new!!

jelloarms
07-06-2008, 03:33 AM
If anything were to go to DL fr TDL, I'd say it should be the Tokyo Dreams On Parade: Moving On. The soundtrack is great and the floats trump anything I've seen in the US.

I also wouldn't mind if they brought TDL Jubilation but that has barley just begun in Tokyo! The soundtrack is FANTASTIC though, I bought it without even seeing the parade in real life.

Daisy'sMom
07-06-2008, 10:06 AM
I loved the Main Street Electric Parade, I love SpectroMagic, so I am sure I will love whatever they do next.:cloud9:

CaptainJessicaSparrow
07-06-2008, 10:21 AM
If anything were to go to DL fr TDL, I'd say it should be the Tokyo Dreams On Parade: Moving On. The soundtrack is great and the floats trump anything I've seen in the US.

I also wouldn't mind if they brought TDL Jubilation but that has barley just begun in Tokyo! The soundtrack is FANTASTIC though, I bought it without even seeing the parade in real life.

Really? I didn't care for Jubilation. Now, their version of DDCT was really good. A lot better floats in there.

Young@Heart
07-06-2008, 03:03 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing a change, but since we've never actually seen Spectro all the way through (we tend to use this time to shop :blush:), I figure I should catch it this year, just in case!

Polynesian Dweller
07-06-2008, 04:09 PM
I get to the point with the parades that I've seen them enough and would like to see a change, at least for a while. Spectro has been around for a long time. For people who haven't seen it I'm sure it is as magical as the first time I saw it, but for those of us who havee been regularly over the years, its starting to get a bit stale.

Crow
07-06-2008, 05:06 PM
from Tokyo:thumbsup:
of course i have hopes of going to TDL someday.

jelloarms
07-07-2008, 03:38 PM
So I went on youtube and watched a bunch of clips of Fantillusion. I am disappointed. The parade seemed like there were hardly any floats for each segment!

CaptainJessicaSparrow
07-07-2008, 05:47 PM
Really? FantIllusion was the most expensive parade ever made for nighttime at $32 Million. It has 31 units, and over 160 performers and runs 25 minutes.

SpectroMagic has 29 units, 118 performers, and runs 20 minutes.

The music is much better than Spectro, features 3 transforming floats, and many characters you don't normally see such as Tinkerbell.

DestinationWDW
07-07-2008, 08:42 PM
:mickey: I love Spectromagic and would not be happy to see it go, but alas, things do change and we find new things that we can fall in love with....although, I did see Spectromagic on July 4 and DID NOT like the opening clowns' new look - faces, hats or costumes....I think they were better looking "creepy" if that makes sense...new look does not go with their giggly laughs .... sigh....:secret:

Minnie Imagineer
07-07-2008, 08:54 PM
I read in another Spectromagic thread here...someone said they are getting rid of Spectro at the end of this year to replace it with Fantallusion!!:(:(:(:( Is this true? I sure hope not!:(:(:(

what exactly is Fantallusion?
They shouldn't get rid of Spectromagic- I love it!

Marceline
07-07-2008, 09:36 PM
Spectromagic is definitely one of my absolute favorite disney things. Whenever I watch it I truly feel like a kid again. It makes me tear up everytime I hear the music...

Oh my gosh....I hear ya! My sisters and I ADORE the Spectramagic song....a few bars and we are there.:cloud9:

I will miss this parade with all my heart. But will learn to live with the new when it comes.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
07-07-2008, 09:39 PM
what exactly is Fantallusion?
They shouldn't get rid of Spectromagic- I love it!

Another nighttime parade that started in TDL. It was the most expensive parade ever made. I personally think it's my favorite of all of them.

jelloarms
07-08-2008, 06:22 AM
[QUOTE=CaptainJessicaSparrow;1680490]Really? FantIllusion was the most expensive parade ever made for nighttime at $32 Million. It has 31 units, and over 160 performers and runs 25 minutes.
QUOTE]

I know it originated in Tokyo. Maybe then it was fantastic. When it moved to Paris, I read that they greatly reduced the number of floats. Perhaps those are the statistics for Tokyo's version?

CaptainJessicaSparrow
07-08-2008, 10:16 AM
They are from Tokyo, and it has to do with the layout of the parks. Tokyo has a HUGE parade route while Paris is smaller, even ours is small compared to theirs. They also run the parades several times a day there.

I would look for the ones from TDL for FantIllusion.

Dakota Rose
07-08-2008, 10:41 AM
:nope: :fit: :nono: Noooo!!!!!!!!! Say it's not so!!!!!! I didn't get to see it on our last trip. It's my favorite parade of all time and DS has never seen it. I"m going to pout and cry now. :sad:::sob::crying::sadwave::cry:

scoot241
07-08-2008, 11:12 AM
:nope: :fit: :nono: Noooo!!!!!!!!! Say it's not so!!!!!! I didn't get to see it on our last trip. It's my favorite parade of all time and DS has never seen it. I"m going to pout and cry now. :sad:::sob::crying::sadwave::cry:

Spectromagic isn't going anywhere (yet). Just rumors and speculation right now.

CuteAsMinnie
07-08-2008, 06:08 PM
I would rather see a swap with Electrical Parade!!!!!! And who came up with a name like Fantillusion?????

jelloarms
07-08-2008, 06:24 PM
I would rather see a swap with Electrical Parade!!!!!! And who came up with a name like Fantillusion?????

Ew....Electrical Parade?:shake: Um...no.

Haha j/k. Its okay...I just preffer the music of Spectro much better.

I was there in 2001 when the Electic Parade was ending its time in the MK. The day we left for home was the day they brought back Spectromagic. I love watching our old home videos of our trip because at one point, dad interviews me and there is a clip of me whining about how the EP "sucked" and how I wanted Spectro.:humph:

**** teenagers! (I was 13 at the time....whining about everything was my specialty)

CaptainJessicaSparrow
07-08-2008, 06:37 PM

Ron Logan.

He was my teacher this summer, and we heard all about how he produced almost every form of Entertainment you see at Disney now (he retired in 2003).

And FantIllusion is a parade version of Fantasmic, so they wanted to incorporate that into the name.

badkitty
09-01-2008, 04:46 AM
I love the night parades, especially MSEP. Change is good. I would like to see something new!

Tbelle1976
09-01-2008, 10:40 AM
We will be there Feb '09 with my daughters baton corp for Twirlmania. They have been invited to be Grand Marshalls (sp?) in 2 parades and we were told that one of them was going to be Spectromagic. So I'm assuming that at that time it will still be there.

Imagineer1981
09-02-2008, 12:45 PM
I hope they do. We've had Spectro for quite some time now, and it would be nice for a fresh change.

Goes4FastPass
09-02-2008, 03:32 PM
I never miss SpectroMagic or the Main Street Electrical Parade whe it was at the MK. I expect I'll love Fantalusion also.

These discussions seem to often be split between two groups:

Wheee! Here comes something new!

and

Disney World should never change. Every square foot must remain the way it was the first time I visited.

DDuck66
09-02-2008, 04:22 PM
What is Parade of Dreams????

CaptainJessicaSparrow
09-02-2008, 04:54 PM
California's day parade.

It's pretty awesome.

I was just watching Dreamlights from Tokyo and I think the MSEP fans would love it....it's essentially the same thing. Only updated, newer technology and refurbed/new floats.

LuvsTigger80
09-02-2008, 05:00 PM
i love spectromagic. Can't wait to see it again. But if it's coming to DCA, then yay me!!!! that's only a 30 min drive from my house. :mickey:

sophie peach
09-03-2008, 04:15 AM
not heard anything

Dopeysgal
09-03-2008, 10:11 AM
I love Spectromagic. I will never forget walking up mainstreet along WITH the parade after seeing it at the entrance just moments before my FH proposed :-) :cloud9:

Main Street Jim
09-04-2008, 11:08 AM
No new night parade yet. Haven't heard anything - and I have plenty of friends in Entertainment, including a few former managers.

However, I *have* heard RUMORS - just rumors - of "Parade of Dreams" coming in to replace Share a Dream. But, I'm also hearing that DisneyLAND wants to keep it, since they run it at night. There is no confirmation of any of these rumors yet.

BeccaO
09-04-2008, 03:23 PM
I always loved Spectromagic, the music, the lights, the way the characters and floats moved, all of it was fantastic!!!! But, all good things must come to an end, I just hope I get to see Spectro one last time this January before it ends, if it does indeed end! The day they take spectro away will be sad for me :crying::crying::crying::crying:

Simba's Mom
09-06-2008, 04:56 PM
The Disney Dreams Come True is not the same as Parade of Dreams.

The Disney Dreams Comes True parade is the same parade that has been running at the MK since the 100 Years of Magic celebration. All they really did to the parade was remove the snow globes from the floats and changed the music.
OMG, I'd love it if they brought Parade of Dreams from Disneyland. When I saw it there, and they played Walt's voice thru the loudspeakers saying "To all who come to this happy place, Welcome!" you couldn't help but tear up. Come to think of it, that was in 2005-maybe that was the only year they did that part. Anyways, I've seen Spectromagic about 10 times and I never get tired of it. I remeber one time, thinking "OH, I've seen it so many times, I think I'll take the opportunity to go on some rides that'll have short lines". But when that music started, I couldn't help stopping and trying to find a spot to see the parade.