PDA

View Full Version : Best Meal Ever

elmjimmlm
06-14-2008, 04:08 PM
What do you consider your best meal in Disney?
I have eaten at some pretty great places but for some reason Sunshine Season sticks out in my mind as a really great meal...It was not only the food but it was also because of the great day that we were having...
So tell us what you really liked and why it was so great...TS or CS doesn't matter:mickey:

disneydeb
06-14-2008, 04:21 PM
Boma

SBETigg
06-14-2008, 05:20 PM
I spent my seventeenth wedding anniversary at California Grill (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=114779&highlight=%22california+grill+review%22)and it was truly amazing.

Vinny
06-14-2008, 06:08 PM
The best meal we have had at WDW was during our first time at Ohana. Its now a must do on all of our trips.

SpecJoe Magic
06-14-2008, 10:06 PM
Boma
:ditto:

henry.james.s
06-14-2008, 11:10 PM
California Grill..Hearts of Romaine salad...Beef Short Ribs...Banana Napoleon.

But every time I go back Chef Jens always has something new and great added.

My overall faves are Boma for breakfast and either The California Grill or The Flying Fish for dinner.
They both have the best servers on property by far..IMHO. :number1:

Boojum
06-14-2008, 11:53 PM
My vote goes to the Garden Grille.

I had scheduled a character lunch there--more concerned with seeing the characters than with the food quality. I was looking forward to getting some cute pictures of the DDs and the characters.

However, we were delighted with the food! We had catfish, flank steak, and some of the best veggies I have ever put into my mouth. We also learned from the waiter that the veggies and catfish were grown on-property. This prompted us to ride "Living with the Land," which had originally sounded a tad boring. It was fun AND educational! I went home wanting to start my own hydroponics operation.

On a side note--my DH and I went to WDW to celebrate our 15th anniversary. I had mentioned this in passing to Elaine at Magical Journeys. Well, when we had lunch at the Garden Grille (now we never miss it!), they presented us with a special cake for dessert, and a picture with all the characters there. Excellent service!

Young@Heart
06-15-2008, 01:02 AM
1900 Park Fare! We arrived in foul moods, after getting caught in a downpoor), had to wait over 45 minutes for our table, but all that disappeared when we started eating-YUMMM!!!!

DH actually wanted to eat there TWICE next trip. I veto'd that, b/c I want to try some new TS places, but honestly I would have enjoyed the food selection both times! :thumbsup:

goofy-4-disney
06-15-2008, 01:55 AM
I couldn't choose one...so i decided on a tie for the 2 best meals I've had at Disney:

Flying Fish-salmon and veggies.

Le Cellier-Strip Steak.

snerd475
06-15-2008, 09:59 AM
SO FAR....since I've made ADRs for the very first time (kid doesn't like to take time out to sit down and eat)...it's been that wonderful Turkey Muffeletta at Sunshine Seasons! It's the only thing I get almost every visit. They have a similar sandwich at the CS in WL, but with brie instead of muenster, and no chipotle mayo, but excellent nonetheless.

However, I have Le Cellier, Kona (b & d), Cali Grill, Wolfgang Puck Cafe, Coral Reef, and CP breakfast scheduled for next trip, so that could very well change my mind.

I can't wait! I'm getting hungry just reading this thread!

KayDee
06-15-2008, 07:01 PM
Our best meal was at the Castle in 2001.

LudwigVonDrake
06-15-2008, 07:30 PM
Lunch at the Kona Cafe last July. Yummy! :tasty:

MickeyMousse
06-15-2008, 08:33 PM
The Yachtsman Steakhouse during our honeymoon. Everything was fantastic. :cloud9:

Hull-onian
06-16-2008, 11:45 AM
The Concourse Steak House :tasty:

jpH/keD
06-16-2008, 11:55 AM
Best FOOD at a meal...
1) Le Cellier-dinner
2) CRT-breakfast
3) Whispering Canyon Cafe-dinner

Best CHARACTERS at a meal
1) Chef Mickey's
2) Akershus-princesses
3) LTT-loved Pluto there!

jrkcr
06-16-2008, 11:56 AM
Le Cellier!!!

cheese soup, and steak!
:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Tigerinvestigator
06-16-2008, 12:28 PM
Another vote for Garden Grill. Best food and best memories at WDW!:thumbsup:

#1donaldfan
06-16-2008, 12:48 PM
FULTONS..........food and atmosphere !!

bruin1344
06-16-2008, 01:16 PM
Cape May, Rose & Crown, or the Japan restaurant

MickeyandTink
06-16-2008, 03:10 PM
Akershus for dinner.

DD loved the princesses. DW and I loved the food. It didn't hurt that our waiter was extremely personal and attentive. (Didn't hurt his tip, either ;) )

As for CS, Sunshine Seasons was great for food for the family as a whole, but DW and I preferred Tangerine Cafe (of course, we're partial to Mediterranean food)

TBY2225
06-16-2008, 03:20 PM
LE CELLIER! love love love the pretzel bread, cheese soup and filet!

princessjojo
06-17-2008, 04:38 PM
So I like the casual TS meals a little better. With that said, our favorites have been Hoop Dee Doo, Whispering Canyon, and 'Ohana.

Disnamic Duo
06-17-2008, 04:52 PM
Best food at a meal was at HBD. The pan fried grouper was UNBELIEVABLY good. I love desserts (sweets in general) and always look forward to it, but this time I would have actually preferred to have more of the fish - it's THAT good.

Best overall dining experience was Afternoon Tea at the Grand Floridian. It was the most relaxing, enjoyable time I've ever had at WDW.